Thread: Finally Got 'em Pierced

Finally Got 'em Pierced

Yes, Finally had my ears pierce. I've been putting it off for over a year but now that my hair is well over the bottom of my ears I was out of excuses.

I've started getting a lot of strange looks and questions about the hair from some of my ole drinkin' buddies (Friday services are still a treat w/ the boys) But I've gotten used to that and didn't need to start explaining the ears too. So unless my hair is back you can't see the little steel studs. When it is back they look sorta cute, rather natural.

Since we're chatting about the hair I have to gloat a little. While sitting at the bar on of the regular members of the church of second chance came in and greeted me w/ "Hey, Goldylocks, how ya doin?" After a couple more friendly jabs a couple of ladies at the other end of the bar caught my eye and one said, "we really like your hair!". I'm still on a cloud.....pink of course.

BTW, for anyone wondering, yes, it does hurt! And they're still a bit tender.

I'm a little bummed that you have to leave the stud in for 2 to 3 months. I so wanted to buy a pair of hoops or dangles or....... well, you know. Looks like I'll have to put that off 'til March 22. First day of Spring, new life as it were. Kind of propitious.

go get clear pericing keeper (plastic post and rubber plug ) i pierced my right ear in october(left ear 25+yr ago) and have had somthing in them ever sence
    the keepers dont show up as mutch as ear rings but keep the hole open cant leave them in for more that 12 hr tho so use them when you half to be in guy mode

congrate on getting them done
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

hi . congratulations on your ears being pierced . i had one done years a go but grow over but i do wont to do them again . i said to the wife but she saidthe people you work for migth take a dim view on it . some day i will have them done i hope .love deanna

Hey congrats on getting your ears pierced. They suggest you leave them in for a couple of months but as long as you clean them properly for the first 2 weeks you can change them from then. Well I did, I have 3 piercings in one ear and nothing ever happened when I took the studs out early. I also have my eyebrow and again nothing happened when I took that out after two weeks. I would suggest hot water and salt to keep them clean, even if you only do it a couple of days. Worst thing ever is having a infection in you ear. I would also get good titanium metal earings as other metals can be a bit cheap and cause problems.. Hope that is a bit of help to you and I have just mumbled on for no reason

Hugs Kalyan

Congrats Jody,got my 3rd hole in each ear before new years can't wait till their healed

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    I believe there is a solution that you can buy to keep the area around your piercings clean (front and back of the lobe). Do so regularly (every day), and don't slack off on that. I got a mild infection at just past a month after having my piercings done.

Oh, and don't rotate the studs in your ears. Apparently doing that will extend the time that you have to keep the original studs in.

Oh, and congrats! Feels pretty good, eh?

congrates Jody. I so would love to have mine done.

Congrads girl.You will not regret it.I wear earrings everyday when I'm home and studs when i go out.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Congrats! Had mine done 5 years ago. Wear gold hoops eveyday a nary a comment.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

I wish I had the intestinal fortitude to do that.Always thought about it ,the people I work with and some aquaintences have one ,but two?I think I would love the feel of hoops and dangles ,clip ons are kind of limiting in style.Good luck and take care.Bye-bye Lisa

My amazing wife got me pierced ears for Christmas before last. A few people did ask about them, but most just took it in stride.

Do follow the care instructions so that you don't get an infection. I cleaned mine with the solution daily, but after about a month they still seemed to get a little gunked up, so I took them out to clean them more thoroughly. When putting them back in, the sharp point ended up nicking the inside of the hole, and I ended up with a minor infection, but it extended the time before I could wear hoops for another week or 2.

Now, the only problems that I have is loosing backs or studs when I pull off sweaters or sweatshirts, and more importantly, deciding what earrings I want to wear when I dress.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Well to go!!! It is not the big deal to the world that we think it is. Only a big deal to our spouses.

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

It is a thrill, isn't? I wear earrings in both ears all the time, the left ear hetero/right ear gay thing is getting passe'. In drab I wear a simple onyx stud in my left and a black hoop in the right. God, I love to shop for costume jewelry bangles and similar to wear when I'm dressed up (or dressed down). You're going to have fun, girl

Its so nice to hear another Missouri girl has got her ears pierced! Kinda puts a nice ring to my ears!ha ha!!!

I pierced mine myself a few months ago and I had only one person say anything of course in male mode I wear only one in my left ear and when at home in femme I have both in.
    I love wearing dangly but my everyday is a gold ring bout the size of a dime

Michelle
    The reason you close your eyes when you dream, when you kiss, and when you pray is because the best things in life aren't seen with your eyes, but are felt with your heart.

Mine have been pierced for over 15 years and each year my collection of ear rings grows. Studs, drop ear rings and hoops of all sizes. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feminin Allisa View Post
    I wish I had the intestinal fortitude to do that.Always thought about it ,the people I work with and some aquaintences have one ,but two?I think I would love the feel of hoops and dangles ,clip ons are kind of limiting in style.Good luck and take care.Bye-bye Lisa
    I couldn't agree more Lisa. I wish I could just go do it, but.......
    Good luck and I am proud of you girl!!!
    Sarah

Congrats I had one ear done when I was about 13 and only got the other one done last year.Being a bit of a heavy metal girl,nothing has seemed too out of place so far.Black nails,eyeliner,earrings,long hair and the rest hasnt caught much attention so far (gotta love it).Maybe being a bit strange but thats a given. I want to get a second set done
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StarrOfDelite View Post
    left ear hetero/right ear gay thing is getting passe'.
    Is that chestnut still around? I never could figure it out. Is it my left or the wearer's left? Or right? Or what?

Ah, well, both ears = Fabulous

Ah, well, both ears = Fabulous[/QUOTE]

I agree one thousand per cent. I love earrings!