Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you honestly feel like "women trapped in mens' bodies?"

A very interesting thread. I do not feel "trapped" in any way. I am very happy being a guy 85 to 90% of the time. The other time I just enjoy being a cd or a sissy in a frilly outfit. I think both my times are what make me a complete individual.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
    No, I don't feel trapped at all. I am happy with my male body and my male identity. However, I do feel constrained by societal pressure to hide the more "feminine" parts of my personality. I don't know if this is what Karen was getting at when she said
    This is me in a nutshell. Sure I have thought in the past "maybe I am supposed to be a girl" but now that I chose to dress again purely to figure out why I had always done it, I have learned that wanting to be a girl was not the case. Back during those thoughts of maybe I should have been a girl I also just wanted to be anyone else but me, much for the same reasons Jamie mentioned. Physically I am male, mentally I consider myself 50/50 male/female. I like male things, don't have urges to go shopping or doing femine things, I just like to dress up every now and again now. Understanding it now for me has also helped me like my male side more and also, I don't hide the parts of my personality that most people would consider feminine. I have learned to be me and not what I think I should be based on what society says we should be.

Banned Read only
    I am one who felt like she was trapped. There was only one way out and I tried three times to take that way but failed. One day a very good friend handed me an article about Christine Jorgensen. After reading it, I knew it could be done and I swore that I would become a women. I went to the library (and yes I even had to search through all thoes damn little cards in the Dewy decimal card catalog) an started researching how to transition to a woman. Finally, in May of 1980 I went 24/7. I had SRS in June of 1990. The rest is history.

i don't feel trapped either. I enjoy being male most of the time and dressing when I feel the need.
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

All CD's are not alike, all TS's are not alike, all black people are not alike, all GG's...
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I don't feel trapped. I like being a guy, and I accept that I came into this world as a guy. It doesn't mean I can't dress up once in a while though.

-Jen

Gold Member
    I don't feel like a woman trapped in a man's body.

I don't feel like a man trapped in a man's body.

I don't ever feel extremely masculine.

I don't ever feel extremely feminine (close though).

Nebulous enough? Just call me "Middle of the Road Sue"!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I was a man trapped in a woman's body!

Yesterday!
    Then, I needed to take a shower, so I took my female suit off!

I'm NOT trying to make lite of this subject. When I began dressing 14 years ago, I was considering a boob job and even SRS!
    However, those thots r LONG PAST!

Now, I'm simply trying to locate my FEM SIDE! It MUST BE in there somewhere!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Dito

Michelle
    The reason you close your eyes when you dream, when you kiss, and when you pray is because the best things in life aren't seen with your eyes, but are felt with your heart.

I think the answer is as individual as the people asked. When I was young I thought I had no choice and it was a driving force. I felt at that time my only option was a "sex change" as they called it then. I felt that only by "being " a woman could I rightly express the feelings I had. I decided to put it on hold and get married. Eventually, I decided to more or less live it 24/7. What I found was that I did indeed have a choice and could be anyone I wanted really. I accepted ALL of my feelings, made them my own and placed them under one aegis. Now I'm my own and always the same person regardless of my outward appearance and not ashamed or afraid to express my feelings in any way.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Believe it or not, I believe that there sometimes is an overlap between the fetishistic side of things and gender-identity side of things, which is why it sometimes can be confusing. Anyway, to answer the question, I know my nature is pretty much like a typical woman and have just worked with the situation for a very long time. You could say that I am "trapped" in a man's body, but it's such a cliche to say. The funny thing is that because of this, I don't often have a compelling need to dress. I do feel consistently imbalanced and know I definitely would completely transition this second, if the world was 50 years more advanced than it is now...

Sara Jessica and Holly summed it up rather well for me. There isn't a day that goes by when at least a part of me wishes I was female. I certainly wish I'd been born that way. I've always described myself as a crossdresser with transexual tendencies. But transition? That ship, I think, sailed long ago, and at this time, I don't forsee it in my future. I do the very best I can as a male, and I've managed to scratch out a rather comfortable life with a loving wife and a decent lifestyle. I'm honored to by my wife's husband, and I love her very much. But I ponder every day that but for a genetic crapshoot, a flip of a coin that came up tails, I might have been female, and I'd likely have none of these transgendered issues floating about in my head. At least I'd like to think so. In any case, things could certainly be worse, and I do my best to not complain about it.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I would have to say yes, totally trapped. I wish I had be born a girl!

I am very traped! Even from a young age I've wanted to be a frilly female but the world I lived in fought against me. Even at about 12 or 13 years old I was still being mistaken for female. If the world, or at least the world I lived in, was a little different I probably would be a female by now. I wear the clothes because it's what feels good to me but the state of mind is the same. Even my ex-wife has said on many occasions tha I act more like a woman than she does. It's my dream, dressing is just a way to be who I really want to be.
    [SIZE="2"]All those that believe in telekenesis, raise my hand.[/SIZE]

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post
    I think sexually based limitations are absolute BS, and need to go away.

But then again I think most things are unisex, there really are few things in this world that are characteristic of one sex or the other.

It is just the outside world that has issues.

I just wish I was not born in such a stupid world that limits on such unimportant things.
    Wow Pythos... you took the words outta my head before I could type them! This very much how I feel. As far as the O/P, I have never felt so much trapped in this body as crowded out lol. Theres two of us in here and as much fun as it can be there is also a hectic side too.

*hugs*

Zara
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

I agree with Pythos. I don't feel trapped internally, it's the external issues (i.e. society) that i have an issue with .
    I'm a man who wants to look like a woman but still be a man, mainly because I'm not fond of the male look esthetically. To be honest, I really don't know what gender is, except for clothing and appearance. You figure women these days do all the same things as men do, they just dress & act differently.

I certainly don't feel trapped as a cder. To the contrary it is very liberating, and as each day goes by I gain a greater appreciation for the advantage of being able to experience both genders.
    Actually, it's non-transgendered people for whom I grieve because they seem to be trapped in a single gender existence, and for some it must be frustrating to be unable to comprehend the appeal of cding.
    I wish I could wave a magic wand so that the whole world would "get" cding.

Count me also as one who does not necessarily feel like a woman trapped in a man's body.

I feel like a two-spirit (60 percent female, 40 percent maie) person trapped in a body that has rigid constraints placed by society. I think I might be happier with my male body if I would be a lot freer to wear what I want - the usual dresses, skirts, hose, heels, and makeup, and if I could get breast augmentation as a male without social ramifications.

I may have mtf HRT in the future to deal with the societal constraints placed on males. A man that expresses his feminine tendencies is scorned. A woman who expresses her masculine tendencies is admired. Hence my two-spirit personality would fit in much better in a feminine body than a masculine body.

As it is I don't see much use being in drab except to go to church where it would be a little disconcerting to see someone appearing as a female singing bass. Even there I have my long hair and I wear lipstick.

On the other hand, it would be fun to sing Johnny Cash's "Rings of Fire" at the local karaoke bar while being dressed en femme...

Johanna
    Last edited by JohnH; 01-25-2011 at 12:55 AM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Pretty much but the struggle is hard since I am older. Only if I were young again.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I've just started HRT and I really could give a hundred reasons why it's a bad idea.
    But I also know that's it something I have to do. I've known it all my life and it's time to stop fighting it.
    I don't want to live a life of regret.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I believe that I am supposed to be a woman. IT PAINS ME TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND SEE A MAN!

Talking My 2 cents worth!

Hi there! After some considerable soul searching and reading the previous 71 posts, so far, I've decided to toss a small crumb onto this heap, so to speak!
    Trapped, hell ladies ("heavens" would be more feminine, I know, however, it's not nearly definitive enough for my purposes herein?), pardon me, but I haven't seen one single post herein, yet, that's addressed the issue of us "closeted," i.e., deeply closeted CDs? At the very least herein every single one of you, so far as I can tell, don't seem to have any real problems (conceived, Oh yes!) to speak of, really? Just think, ya'll (that's Texan for "all of you all") can do any "cotton-pick'en" thing you choose to do - just simply choose your poison: CD, TS, any letter combination, anything what-so-ever? Now, think about that little tidbit of information?
    For me, and speaking for all those closeted CDs out there, like me, I can't even "get out en femme," let alone, even consider if I want to be part-time, full-time, no-time, some-time, outwardly/inwardly/any which way I can, be feminine, ever, or so it currently seems?
    Note. Times are hopefully changing for me, "X" your fingers for me, will you all please? Pretty please with sugar on it?
    For example, I have to slam the door shut instantly on any activity, including writing this little epistle, whenever my wife barges (I've got her knocking now, FYI That’s an “e pluribus Unum" (EPU) of her changes) into my computer room (she has her own computer room, BTW). But only a few of you, so far, have even thought back to your beginnings of "what the hey" was happening to you when the big fellow (not to take His name in vane here?) sat down on that faithful seventh day to rest after designing you as that female you are, but strangely enough, inside a males’ body?
    Aha! This is your Captain speaking, "We are at our assigned cruising altitude, you now can get up and move around the cabin!" How 'bout that sports fans? Well, I can't, not yet anyway, because my seat belt is still holding me tight in my WC (yes, that water closet?) seat. Trapped? Ha! I want to even have the chance like “you all” do to get "free enough" to even have that wonderful "feminine" problem/opportunity that is being bandied around herein?
    Oh well! Now that that's off my developing B-cup (and clandestinely rising (EPU)), I'm having a ball; a real ball, swinging back and forth between the “two of me.” The one with my new "girls," (EPU), and my new makeover (EPU) (but she doesn’t know about that one, heaven forbid?), and my completely shaved body (EPU) plus my red painted toenails (EPU) (i.e., the ones that my wife painted on me, ever so beautifully for me, and psst! my back that she shaved for me (EPU ), Yes!), is aching to let it all hang out, so to speak - the upper part, not the lower appendages, mind you. Know full well, that I do not wish to transition, I really do love the ability of being able to instantly "flip" that light switch between "ON" and "OFF" of my being 100% feminine in front of my wife (EPU) plus strutting my en femme stuff someday, in public.
    As an aside, when I asked my wife, just yesterday, if she wanted the feminine 'New" me (EPU) (i.e., soft, cuddly, loving, caring, rubbing our bare bellies and chests against one another for the very first time since the first of her heart operations 12 years ago, well, you get the picture?), or that masculine "old" me (hard, demanding, driving, tough, forceful, stressful, et al.), she did not hesitate for an instant before she said, "the feminine one!" Yes! Yes! YES! (yet another, EPU). So, when it becomes critical, or when I need to revert back to my life-long, long-lived, male mode, I now just merely flip the switch to "OFF!" When that little diversion is taken care of, the switch immediately goes back "ON!" (EPU again!)
    Wow! I'm in love. I'm in love with two (2) wonderful gals! Trapped, yes, but I'm slowly but surely digging my way out of that "MTF WC closeted" cesspool (EPU). Yes! And, please do remember to "Pray for me?"
    Long life to all of you ladies, in whatever mode you choose to be in. After all it is your choice, and know you all, that I've certainly made my bed, and want to desperately lay in it, in a Teddy, or a …, well, "you all" get the picture? (EPU? ) Ciao!
    Hugs, Misti

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiMarie
    Do you dress because you really feel like a woman trapped in a man's body sometimes? Or is this the dividing line between CD and TS?
    [SIZE="2"]No, I’m not a woman trapped in a man’s body, which may explain why I submit replies in THIS section. I’m an effeminate boy trapped in a man’s body, and if I don’t do something to express this fact I’ll lose the thread entirely, something I cannot afford. According to the time we’re living in, female clothes happen to be the only choice available for such a condition – I dress to get more in touch with what is already there. I feel decidedly less womanly these days – there is little or no femininity per se, but my effeminacy is rampant and comforting…

Is this the dividing line between CD and TS? Could be – also, you must realize I do have a choice in the matter…
    [/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    I've never felt trapped. I like being a guy, being married and being with my wife. I just happen to love wearing dresses and heels and lingerie.... I've never struggled with the two sides.

I am happy with my male body. I just like wearing female clothes.