Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: your kids and you rdressing

your kids and you rdressing

i have not seen this question in some time (or i missed it) for thouse that are out and there kids know, how has it afecter them are they open minded about others, do they resent it, do any of your sons dress to ,

i have noticed that the younger the girls are the more excpting they are (its no big deal)

did any of your fathers dress? what dinamics are there when it comes to parents and kids(12 and up) and crossdressing

any family 's hear to give us a full picture of how it afected /afects the whole family
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Platinum Member
    I have two sons and two step daughters. All are now young adults. I'm in a rather unique situation in that my ex wife outed me rather publically and repeatedly - to my sons, other family members and friends. Some of them discounted her comments, others were too polite to mention it. I think my sons live in denial.

My step daughters aren't officially aware, but I suspect the younger one knows something because she surprised me when I was sitting on our patio wearing a fairly androgynous tank top, khaki shorts, stockings and sandals with 2 1/2" heels. She never said a word...never frowned or said anything to her mom. Still, although I dress nearly full time at home, I never am dressed when they are around.

so the boys are in denial, (it was said in a hateful way) and so do the girls even thou one saw you partly dressed its not something your talking openly about with them

i have two boys the oldest will never find out he is so male and opininated (was not there his first 8 yr , he came with my marrage, ) then we had a boy and after the divorce, he idolizes me and i dont want to do anything to give his mom anymore leverage against me ,so both of my sons will not know tell a lot later in life ,if ever
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Platinum Member
    For the record, I don't feel nor intend that the comment about my sons' denial was in anyway hateful. Its just an observation that, although their mom made frequent and very angry remarks about my CDing at the time, they seem to have let it go. We have a good relationship, but the subject of my CDing has never come up. Regarding my step daughter, I think we both felt that it was better to leave the subject alone. She's seen me wearing some fairly androgynous clothes since then...even commented on a cute top, but we left it at that.

All of my kids are grown and and resent me for dressing. I guess they take after my X SO B IN THAT RESPECT!

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    My wife outed me to my daughters but they have been very accepting.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

i did not say i well , sorry kim -the boys let what there mom said go they heard the hateful way it was said and did not hold on to it ,

stacyjane , you cant leave i with that please give a little more info was it a slip of the tonge, and how have they been excepting ?

I have 2 teen girls; well one teen girl (16YO) and custody of our niece (14YO). Both are very accepting. I can slip into pantyhose and a skirt in the evning and they don't treat me any differently at all. To them I'm still dad, clothes don't make the person. They look at it as you can dress a druggie/felon in a Armoni suit and while he may look to be a sharp dressed man, but again, clothes don't make the person - he's still a druggie/felon.

My daughter (the 16YO) is far more girly than my niece. I can suggest getting out the basket that holds all the different color nail polishes and paint my nails (toe or finger) and she's all over it - does really good too... Once she had done my fingernails in a pretty pink with a pattern overlay with white polish (she has a talent with the super fine brushes like they use in nail salons). At the time I was still working in the downtown office; she did such a good job on my nails I wore them that way to work and all for a week.

Platinum Member
    no problem, erica. it was hateful the way the boys learned of my dressing. That's probably why they chose to ignore it. The funny thing is that my CDing wasn't a factor in the divorce, in fact she was very supportive and understanding during our marriage. I think it was just a convenient blunt instrument that she used to express her anger during the divorce.

thanks kim do you think it changes the way they look at others ?

and nicole do you ever talk about it or is it just something that has always been, ?

Erica,

No it has not alway been. For the first 15 years of my marriage I was deep in the closet to everyone. I first came out to my wife, and only received, "OK so go put on a skirt - whatever floats your boat and makes you happy. You're still my husband."

Following that my wife and I devised a plan to 'feel the waters' with our daughter (back then we didn't have custody of our niece yet). Since we both are employed by the same large company, they do a diversity training session annually. My wife and I at the dinner table one evening started discussing a ficticous email we received at work about the upcoming 'diversity training.' There really wasn't any emails at that time, it was all just a ploy to open the dinnertable conversation to feel the waters in a non-confrontational way. When we learned our daughter has no problems with alternative lifestyles, actually said she prefers the boys that wear eyeliner (she can talk to them about anything just like one of the girls), I came out and the rest has been history...

When we got custody of our niece Nicole went back into the closet for a while. We used the same tactic to feel the waters with her. Only this time our daughter knew exactly what we were doing. Once we learned she has no problems, I came out to her too and its understood that to save any problems, it stays in our home and isn't told to anyone outside the 4 of us.

again do you think it has changed the way they look at others, out side the family unit or its it a "normal"family secret

(i hate that word normal ) lol

Quote Originally Posted by erica12b View Post
    again do you think it has changed the way they look at others, out side the family unit or its it a "normal"family secret

(i hate that word normal ) lol
    I don't think it has changed the way they look at others. We live in the Seattle area which is pretty open and diverse area to begin with - especially in the Capital Hill area. While I may not have been out to them, it certainly wasn't nothing new to them considering where we live.

When I say keep it secret between us, its because I don't want family problems since the courts are involved in placing our niece in our custody.
    Last edited by Staci K; 01-24-2011 at 05:23 PM.

im not good at typing my questions sorry to all

ill try again if they know about you now, do you think they would feel and act the same if you had never told them

im thinking that the way we raise our kids is like or the same as when we tell the new friend we are dating we like to dress , timing is everything lol

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erica12b View Post
    i did not say i well , sorry kim -the boys let what there mom said go they heard the hateful way it was said and did not hold on to it ,

stacyjane , you cant leave i with that please give a little more info was it a slip of the tonge, and how have they been excepting ?
    Sorry, My wife found a pic of me on the computer. She didn't know what to do so she told my daughters. She didn't say anything to me.My daughters are all grown and they were a lot more accepting.
    My youngest who was 19 at the time wrote me a letter saying that she and my wife knew. I about had a heart attack when I found the letter but it did lead to me coming out. Now my life is a whole lot better.
    Last Christmas I spent an few hours with my daughter and her husband and new baby en femme. I also got a bottle of perfume from them.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I've got 2 daughters, 25 & 19 and I suspect that they suspect with different instances that have happened over the years. The 19 year old still lives at home, so it's an issue when I want to dress. I'm going to my first support group meeting next wed. so this may come to a head. My wife knows I dress and is slowly coming around to it. Anyway, we'll see what happens after the meeting! I know someday my daughters will know, it's just a matter of what the reaction will be.

Platinum Member
    I don't know for certain if having learned that I was cross dressing has made my sons more tolerant - I know they both have gay friends and that doesn't seem to be an issue. The girls are so different. The older one is incredibly judgemental of others...which I believe reflects her own insecurities, while the younger seems far more accepting of friends who are a bit outside the norm. She happens to be the one who "caught" me - so maybe it was just no big deal to her.

i think that the girls in there late teens are more open minded, i have read a lot of threads , have not ever talked with any but it makes sence

any wifes or SO of cd's want to add some of there talks with the kids ?
    Last edited by erica12b; 01-24-2011 at 08:10 PM.

Hi again Erica; I don't think coming out to my kids have made them any more or less tolerant. As I stated, Seattle area is a very diverse area and the girls have been friends with open MTF CD classmates (yes, they are friends with some boy students that prefer to present themself in skirts and other female attire) long before I came out to them.

times are a changing , in my time you would not do that lol and im not that old lol yet

do any gg's have any input

Both my daughters know, my oldest will be 21 my yougest 15. I think my oldest torerates my like my wife, but at least she will hang out with me a bit and talk to me. I'm not sure what my youngest thinks about it!

paige have you ever talked with them about it ? or is it just something dad dose

I have a 23 year old daughter and two boys, 15 & 17. the boys don't know but my daughter does. She lived with me for 4 months and before she moved in I told her about my CDing. she just said "whatever" It turned out, for me, to be a great thing. She would critique the clothes I would wear. Her and 2 of her girlfriends that were always here, would color my nails and put makeup on me. For Christmas, my daughter bought me 2 pairs of skinny jeans, saying that was one thing i didn't have in my wardrobe.