Thread: Has your dressing affected your SO's wardrobe and vice versa

Platinum Member

Has your dressing affected your SO's wardrobe and vice versa

This question occurred to me while reading responses to the thread on buying lingerie for you SO. Has your SO changed any aspect of style or selection because of your dressing -or how has your SO influenced your selection of garments - lingerie and beyond?

My wife's style has certainly evolved since we got married. She always had a few really sexy undies, but tended toward utilitarian women's briefs. Over the years, she's trended towards lacier, skimpier and sexier undies - which I entirely endorse

I can't say I've influenced her choice of outer garments. I guess we're both pretty casual outside of the business wear required by our professions. She has borrowed a number of my tops, however.

I would give her credit for influencing my selection of skirts and dresses on based on things that I like on her.

No none what so ever we have different styles no doubt due to a different age group and a different way of thinking .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Banned Read only
    My wife has gone through the normal stages of maturity. She started out with young and sexy attire! Bikini bathing suits! Now her wardrobe reflects her age. Due to a weight issue-not extreme, she started wearing 'granny' dresses for work. Ugh! Finally, finally, she gave those up for jeans and slacks and pretty tops. She looks much better. I prefer dresses with sexy slips! She views slips as an undergarment to be hidden, although in the beginning they were part of the gift wrapping to be undone to get to the present. Now her undergarments can be categorized as 'functional,' which is to say I would not be caught dead in her choice of bras and cotton white panties. She has had no influence on my choice of clothing. I would say I make decent fashion choices-tasteful for my age.

Like Joanne there has been no effect at all. My wife is very conservative and fixed in her choices of clothing. I have sexier underwear, nighties, dresses and shoes, etc. And more of them.

hi . in male mode i go for dark colours but in female mode . it is all colours and my wife has gone for colours to after trying my clothes and she looks good in them, she hate shopping with me because she spends money love deanna

I would have to say yes...it has changed her style. She was always conservative and basic.
    Now she buys things that are better quality, better fit, and more flattering. She takes more pride in how she looks and what she wears. Of course it's great that we can share some things and always share advice.
    A funny thing was a few years ago we were out shopping and she was looking for a new bra as she wasn't happy with the fit of what she was wearing. When she told me the problem I explained that she didn't need to go to a larger size (ex: 38 to 40) but that she needed to go to a larger cup size (ex: C to D). She looked at me quizzically, like "what do you know". I of course said that I had researched the clothing issues so that I didn't buy items only to find they didn't fit properly.
    We went to a Maidenform store and she took my advice ... needless to say she was surprised that I was correct and she is now much more comfortable.
    Funny how we learn...from each other.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    My Wife wardrobe has evolved not in a change of style as such,but in that when we started dating her closet was very sparse honestly she had about 5 hangers of clothing,drab shirts,baggy jumper,jeans and 1 skirt and a cpl drawers of clothes,she now has a fuller closet and she does buys different colours now and even slips on a skirt,or dress now and again,Of course its not all a one way street she is quick to tell me if what I am wearing is not a good look or combination.She enjoys shopping too which used to be a chore for her.The times we share shopping is a pleasurable time for us both now.

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I could ditto Stephanie47 remarks as they apply perfectly in my case. However, on rare occasions my wife has taken a few undies from me rather than purchase her own. I fine with the way things are.

When i first moved in with my wife she owned 1 cute nighty and lots of comfy pjs. In the happy years since she has picked up more of my styles more cute nighties to say the least. She also shares most of my shirts and anything else that fits. She also rarely wore anything but cotton panties before and her lingerie drawer has grown and changed in a good way. These changes may just have come with age though it is hard to say.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

My wife's wardrobe is almost all pants and shirts with just a few dresses that she never wears. Almost all her shoes are flats with one shoe with 1 inch heels. Her wardrobe has not changed at all.

I have a lot more skirts and dresses that I wear on a frequent basis, and I have heels up to 4 inches.

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

"I need more cowbell." dennisGTS's Avatar
    I like to dress a little more "youthful". When looking at older pics of my wife before I came out to her about my CDing the early years when she was getting used to me all dressed up, I noticed she had a somewhat older womans wardrobe. Now though, she tends to dress with a little more youthful flare; which I actually prefer. Her lingerie selection has pretty much stayed the same with me somtimes pushing her to purchase a few "sexier" bras and panties.
    (¯`'•.(¯`'•.¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,•♥• ƸӜƷ•♥• ,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº ¤ø,¸¸,•♥•ƸӜƷ•♥•,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸ ,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸.• '´¯)¸.•'´¯)
    [SIZE="3"]"Crossdressing men, with a little discretion and a lot of anxiety, can pass as normal and retain all the privilege of their birthright.
    They don't have to tell anyone they are wearing lacy panties under their jeans."

–Helen Boyd[/SIZE]

(`*•...*(`*•.¸...-:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•*[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]*•-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:-¸.•*´)*...•*´)

Mountain Lass
    Has it not occurred to any of you that to be a GG we actually need two wardrobes? The practical one for dealing with the children/dog/house/garden/work, which is actually most of our lives. The second one is only afforded after we have paid for all of the first and if there is any money or time left for another life.
    You'd look ridiculous going to work in a lacy bra that showed through your top clothing, or anything of a delicate fabric that wouldn't last the day. This is part of the reason women with families have with a cross-dressing SO. We have neither the time nor the money nor the lifestyle to enjoy a more frivolous wardrobe. That you should criticise us for that is twice as bad.

Platinum Member
    there was no criticism intended. I would guess that many of us recognize that our lives (and wardrobes) GG, TG and CD, etc., are compartmentalized and limited by the realities of work, family relations and money. The question was how, in a supportive relationship, we might be influencing each other's choices. From what I've read, some don't, and yes some sounded a bit critical of their SO's choices, and quite a few do seem to be picking up things from one another.