Thread: Dr appointment

Dr appointment

Last week I injured my shoulder. I got clumsy and wiped out on ice and subsequently popped my right shoulder. (Pavement,ice and gravity) ouch!! I drove myself to emergency and was examined by a female doctor by whom of which didn't care that I hairless. Now I went to a follow up with my new family doctor. I explained what had happened and he asked to examine me. He was stunned when I took off my shirt and saw that I am smooth as a babies asss. He didn't even want to touch me. He said what do you want for pain? As he was writing he looked back at me with a redness to his face and said you can put your shirt back on now. SO I said Iit hurts like hell can you help me?" Poor guy, he didn't know what to say but helped anyway.
    Isn't life just full of fun moments?

Jeanna

Is this some backwoods area of Canada? I'm baffled by such a reaction. Not to mention some males are naturally lacking in chest hair ( means he isn't much of a doctor if he's unaware of that fact ).
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

All my doctors had a reaction when they saw me all airless ..I guess is even more rare to see an Hispanic guy all smooth ...some ask others just kept doing their work... only my GP was more inquisitve on a very profesional way

Account is closed
    sounds to me like your new doctor liked what he saw. I'm guessing he was embarrassed for finding you attractive more than caring about you lack of body hair.
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Might wonder where your doctor went to school. There are a lot of men who have little or no body hair, I being one of them! If he has been a doctor for very long, he must have seen that before.

BTW, be glad you still have your own shoulder. I wrecked mine so bad a few years ago that I now have an artificial one!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Interesting reaction. I have like only FIVE hairs on my chest. My doctors never reacted that way.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    Is this some backwoods area of Canada? I'm baffled by such a reaction.
    Me too. Are you saying your doctor was embarrassed? You said he had a redness to his face. If so I can't imagine why a doctor would be like this, I mean, Doctors are supposed to have seen it all - haven't they? ... and let's face it, a hairless body isn't exactly "shocking" is it?
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Platinum Member
    well, maybe you need to find another doctor or misread the situation. Honestly, health professionals have seen it all. A friend of mine was an EMT....he dealt with everything from fake heart attacks to avoid paying restaruant bills to guys with things stuck in awkard places. being shaved wouldn't even register on their charts!

I've been completely shaved for 10+ years, and no one reacted negatively, not the nurse who did my EKG, my doc ( a lady) nor the physical therapists who worked with me after a similar shoulder injury.

dittos here...I maybe shave the 4 or 5 chest hairs I get once a year....I'm Native American....I just don't grow hair but on my head!

Jenn

Hello Jeanna

Like the above posters, I find your doctor's reaction puzzling. I'm not an MD but I have great difficulty believing your lack of body hair has anything to do with treating what sounds like a dislocated shoulder. That has to be painful.

I would mention his reaction the next time you see him. If you're not satisfied with the explanation then perhaps it he is not the right primary care physician for you.

Silver Member
    Both of my GPs noticed immediately and asked about it, it was the stubble on my back they first locked on to (I wanted to tell them, "I know, I haven't figured out how to perform electrolysis on my own back yet...") I am not sure if they inquired just to be nosey, or perhaps they thought I was going through puberty late? There are medications that can stimulate new hair growth, maybe that is what they were wondering, who knows. I suspect part of it was to be nosey though.

One I told I was a TV when I was young. The other I just said my girlfriend liked it and wanted me to do it (which was not completely untrue.)

Even before I knew about CD'ing, (or it occurring to me, that I'd enjoy it.) I've shaved. I've always been at odds with body hair.

Never really realized, or watched the doctor for a "knowing-reaction".. I do have friends who are doctors; and they have stories, and have seen stuff to which shaving is the LEAST of their worries.

If Nair wasn't so much like a neuro-toxin; I'd BATHE in it... Till then my razor is my sword.

That was a strange reaction from the MD. I've been completely hairless from the neck down, except for a little patch, for years, and I've never had a reaction or question from a doctor, nurse, technician, etc. I do have a story in the back of my mind if I'm ever asked, but I'm thinking I never will.
    Hugs,

Teddie

I work at a hospital and we would never say anything to you but.... they do talk in the break room and lots of times laugh.I was in my own hospital this past October and my legs needed to shaved. The nurses who took care of me had to do pulse checks every shift on my pedal pulses. No one said a word to me and I don't care if they talk.. Billie Jean

I just had my annual physical last week. I did remove the polish from my toes, but was fully shaved. My doc asked me if I was bicyclist or swimmer because I was so smooth. At the time of the appointment, I told him, I like the clean look. When I got home, I emailed him and told him about Evie and included a photo. He was very cool with it. Now I wont be worried about little things like nail polish the next time I go to his office.

Get a new GP. I can't believe a medical professional freaking out over something as trivial as a lack of body hair.

When I strip, my doctors see a shaved body with numerous feminine tattoos and piercings, long painted nails, and a noticeably un-natural color on my long hair. Some of them have asked genuine and polite questions about all this, which I answer honestly, but there's never been any negative reaction at all. Your doc must be a real prude or babe in the woods to have reacted that way.

- Diane

I just had a physical, and no questions whatsoever and no faces or unusual looks that I detected. As others commented, I did remove the polish on my tonenails.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Anne View Post
    sounds to me like your new doctor liked what he saw. I'm guessing he was embarrassed for finding you attractive more than caring about you lack of body hair.
    I could believe that..some of us are so fortunate to pass so well, that I even have a hard time believing that, yes, that is a man..what I wouldn't give to be able to pass that well.
    : I may not know where I'm going, but I know where I am!

My brother is a shag rug, So was my Dad. My older boy is almost hairless and my youngest son as well. I'm splotchy. Lots on my head, a bit under arms, legs so, so, EXCEPT where my jeans rub. Where clothing is in close contact with my skin, the hair is constantly being rubbed off. I'll say that my hair IS thin shafted. That's why it's so fragile.

Doctors?? Nurses??? Never a word except one sweet young thing (about 35 years old) a few years back, finished taking my blood pressure and my blood and was getting read to put gel on my chest for an ekg, reached over, ran her hand over my chest and said, "Nice. I really like the smoothness". I'm still smiling.

Silver Member
    By any chance had you worn a bra previous to going to the doctor? Bra marks can stick around for quite a while. He may have jumped to a flae conclusion.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    A squeamish doctor,now thats reassuring,I would change doctors,I mean what else does he baulk at mens problems,womens troubles? you have to trust your doctor when you visit them,OR alternatively before changing docs you could go fully en femme next time really freak the precious guy out

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson