Thread: A point about getting rid of all that hair.

A point about getting rid of all that hair.

There is a lot of talk here about shaving and eyebrow plucking and people noticing.
    Now I have a family, two adult boys and an adult girl. She is a scientist [Just put that in because I like to boast about it]
    Now if they noticed that I am now a lot less hairy than I was this time last year they would say something, boy would they say something! The point about noticing but not saying anything does not apply with my lot, believe me!
    Now the parts of my body that show all or some of the time are my forearms chest and my eyebrows.
    I had hairy arms and thick eyebrows. For the last six months my eyebrows have been thin and shaped and my forearms and chest hairless.
    I just thought this was worth mentioning in case you are thinking about doing the same.

Have fun, SUZY

Well done on having a scientist in the family Suzy.

As for noticing, i'd say small changes over time are rarely noticed by those close to us. Whereas major changes seen by people who we may meet with every few months will get noticed. Then there's the question - would they really actually say anything?

nobody has said a word about the lack of hair on my arms, or my trimmed brows.
    and i tend to have short sleeve tops of most all of the time. and before i started trimming i had a uni-brow. so if any have noticed than they keep quiet...also i tend to keep my nails trimmed and coated with shiny clear polish.

I am going to take the "go slowly" path. A little bit more of the body each time I shave. My hair is quite dark, so a large change would be noticed.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    A couple of years ago my daughter who was a senior in high school at the time asked me if I had shaved my legs.
    A simple yes from me was all I needed. She was okay with it.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Platinum Member
    I've been almost completely shaved, except for one little spot, for more than 10 years and in that time no one has ever said a word. But then I never was very hairy to begin with, so it wasn't a radical change.

I've been completely shaved for about 6 years now and only one person has made a comment. That was a female co-worker with whom I kid alot (some sexual inuendo at times). One day I had just shaved and was wearing shorts. She was outside the door to work as I arrived and we chatted a bit. She reached over and stroked my leg saying "smooooooth....". To which I replied, "your lucky, I just shaved". She just gave me a wink and that was the end of it.
    My eyebrows are tweezed in a nice arch as well.
    Not one close friend has every said a word.

No one really cares...you are who you are to those that matter.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I keep my hair on the longish side but do get it trimmed ocassionally. Sometime ago after a dressing session that I kind of got carried away with I trimmed and plucked my eyebrows a bit more than I should have. When two different people questioned me about it I just explained to them that my hair stylist suggested I get my brows trimmed also and that I agreed. I then said that I thought she went a bit overboard. What do you think? One replied that she liked them and the other said that I looked like a fruitcake. Wifey never noticed and no comments from anybody else. I do weae glasses and they do hide quite a bit of my brow.

Do you look like a fruitcake BillieJoe? Seriously though, the point you make about glasses is a good one. I too where glasses and they do hide the plucked eyebrows.

The first time I shaped my brows I really botched it. I was freaking out. But with nothing else to do I just sucked it up and went about my day. The ONLY person who noticed something didn't know what. It was my mom. She looked intently at my face, my gut cold with fear, and she say's... " did you lose weight? " Point is that people don't notice much, especially if you do it in small increments. Carol

I've been trimming & shaving for over 20 years, way before I even considered CD'ing. Now that I've found CD'ing as an enjoyable activity last year; I tend to keep most areas razor-smooth, save a little length on my arms, but thinned (normal for most dark complexion GGs.)

Friends and family have rarely brought this topic up, and I directly respond to them, "Yes, I do shave ______ area; do you have a problem with that??" And the topic is typically dropped very quickly. Friends gave me 2 minutes more grief; but I'm not the type that ever allowed teasing. If people are interested, I may let them into some reasoning. Mostly I really despise all body hair; and love being cut to bald. (Though my wig is sure fun on occasion!)

My shaving is now just a fact; mostly forgotten even by 90% of family, since it's just the absolute norm. People I've met in the past 20 years, aren't the wiser. Except my wife, as she sees the process.

Funny aside: When I was ~12yo, my dad grabbed me by the under-arm hairs as a joke/trick to make me listen + pay attention. But the gag was on him when I immediately shaved them bare that evening. This was discovered later, at my Uncle's house, when my dad was snickering, called me over; and tried the whole under arm bit again. This time I started flapping my arms saying, "you are powerless old man!" Since then it's been very known I shaved. (The skirts just came ~20 years later.)
    Last edited by Natalee; 01-28-2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Grammar...

"You are powerless old man..." Ha Ha! Too funny!
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

This is the first winter i started shaving my legs and thinning my arm hair all of which is pretty light anyway. I am totally in love with how my legs look and feel. I moisturize everyday and use baby oil. The downside is I promised the wife and its fair to let everything grow back for summer. I am sure this question has been asked but does anyone know about how long it takes to get back close to normal? I getting stubble now at 48 hrs, i am guessing 2 mos will probably get me back to where I was. Already looking forward to next winter I think totally shaved from the neck down

Quote Originally Posted by Donna tv View Post
    I getting stubble now at 48 hrs, i am guessing 2 mos will probably get me back to where I was. Already looking forward to next winter I think totally shaved from the neck down
    Just be sure, to make it shorter, and shorter, and shorter over time; until your "expected" summer lengh is either non-existent, or 1/4 inch. Over 4-5 years; nobody will ever track you used to have 3" long leg hair.

Many years ago I started plucking the hairs of my fingers. I also thinned my eye brows over time so that they were nearly gone. I kept my legs below the knee virtually hairless. I thinned out the hair on the backs of my hands. Eventually I got rid of all of the hair on my arms. I also keep the hair on my chest thinned out.

The only person who ever said anything about my missing hair was my then wife. She said that she liked seeing me with all that hair. IMHO what she also wanted was for me to not be able to present myself as a woman.
    Hugs, Carole

Neverenough, I like the idea of slowly shortening the hair until it is gone, or almost gone.