Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressing around your SO

Dressing around your SO

I dress around the house all the time but keep it casual.T-shirt.skirt,pantyhose and shoes.She is not comfortable with me fully dressed and I've tried going with make-up and all the rest but it wasn't well recieved.I guess us going out together isn't in the near if ever future.Whats your wifes comfort level .
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

My wife encourages me to be more feminine around the house but I'm a shy person in front of her, I guess I'm just a tadd intimidated, I hope that goes away.

Love,Ericka
    She's back

i was fully dress this whole weekend in front of the wife and not a word from her but then again i told her i was going to be dress because i had the urge to do it.even slept in female mode.love every minute of it.
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    My SO has no issue with my being dressed, and even encourages it sometime. I was full out en femme last night, and she even offered to drive me around.

That kind of member Jamie Parks's Avatar
    things are a bit complicated with me and my SO, she tells me she has no problem with me being dressed around the house (and her) but I can tell that the words coming out of her mouth don't match her true feelings about it(like when you get a really crappy x-mas gift but you dont want to offend the person who gave it to you so you put on a fake smile and say thank you)...I can see the look of disapproval all over her when she See's me dressed, when I am dressed we mostly stay in different rooms(I try to follow her around but I can tell when I am not welcome). So on "paper" it is fine for me to dress as I choose but in reality she would rather not see it.

P.S. she does help me by buying things I want so she is in no way totally aginst it
    Jamie Parks, the woman I was born to be

My wife has no problem with how ever I dress which is usually femme with out the make up. But that is only because I am too lazy to put it on.

My bride and I are sitting across from each other at the moment.

I am wearing a black mini, a white cam, black bra, black hose and shoes.

Not even a word about wearing spaghetti straps of one colour over another.

Yes, she is quite comfortable with this aspect of me.
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

She knows when the kids go out Maria coming over, i think more than anything she hates that the doors and windows have to be closed, she loves the sun light in the house. Otherwise we both do our own thing see doesn't seem to mind.

Unless there's a major paradigm shift, you'll see the four horsemen of the Apocalypse before my wife wants to see me dressed.

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    If I was dating a guy or married to a guy and he told me he was a crossdresser.................

If his entire package was awesome and he was a great guy I would consider staying with him but my limits would be such that the times he wanted to dress he would do it on his own and if he went out it would be with his cd friends. Also he would not wear my clothes. Another thing is I would really not want to talk about cd stuff with him.

So to reiterate I would not have a problem with him having girl time but I would not want any part of it, whould not want to discuss it with him, and finally would not want to be around it. Aside from that he would be free to go out with his cd friends and do whatever he wanted.

Katie

SO is 100 percent accepting and we'll still be together, at least as best friends and roommates, even after I transition, which is great, because I'll need a new family, considering I may not have much left once I come out to all my relatives.

Katie, if I didn't know better I'd think that comment would be an awful double standard, being TG and not being accepting of a CD boyfriend, but I think I know how you feel. I see it as, post transition, I want to date a guy that is "all guy". I know that seems hypocritical, but when I'll have spent so many years and so much money changing myself from a gay male to a straight female, I want a boyfriend who I don't have to worry isn't going to want to be my girlfriend some day.

Anything i like whenever i like , the truth is though is that i hardy ever get the time to do anything other than put a skirt on for a while or a bit of makeup which then stays on .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

It is interesting how different our wives and girlfriends are, when we look at posts like this. My wife, fully accepting and supportive when I dress, absolutely freaks out if I suggest a wig or make up. I have two lovely wigs, but she will have none of it. Yet, when I wear sexy lingerie, or dresses around the house, she has no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne York View Post
    It is interesting how different our wives and girlfriends are, when we look at posts like this. My wife, fully accepting and supportive when I dress, absolutely freaks out if I suggest a wig or make up. I have two lovely wigs, but she will have none of it. Yet, when I wear sexy lingerie, or dresses around the house, she has no problem.
    Once you put on a wig and wake up you change your identity and some just do not want to see a different person it instantly makes them feel uncomfortable which can be quite understandable yet on the other hand some are happier to see someone different as it gives them lesser of a connection to that person so they can cope with it more .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

My SO is at my home every day for at least 8 hours, and if I'm not dressed en femme, she's disappointed. I'm still working on the makeup thing, and she can't help me there because she's never worn makup in her life - doesn't need it - so I'll have to work that out myself, but she buys feminine clothes for me and makes suggestions about posture, walking, jewelry, things like that. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

I have been dressing around, in front of, or whatever you want to call it, Jean for twenty years now.
    I usually don't do the wig or make-up but sometimes I do.
    If I am around the house fro a while and I am not dressed, Jean will ask me if there is something wrong.
    It is just a normal and natural thing for me.

Gold Member
    My wife is okay with complete dressing or partial. There doesn't seem to be a limit, but I don't push them either. I also have one daughter left at home that I dress around, but she isn't around a whole lot, so she sees me less then once a week or two.

My wife is fine with most anything, except the wig and makeup, around the house. She's been out with me a few times but couldn't really get into it, even if she had fun at the club. She had a hard time referring to me using my girl name or using female pronouns.
    DonnaT

Somewhat the same.....except all I wear usually is panties, bra, cami, tights and painted tootsies. In other words, underdressed!

My wife's comfort level is much like yours.... she would be floored if I were dressed the way I would want. I wear girls jeans, underdress with panties. bra, or cami, and maybe fanny panties for a little extra booty. I little day makeup. All of this is about her limits, and may even be pushing a bit.....

I also have my nails a clear or pink. and she says if my brows are any thinner they will be gone.

Def. no skirts. dresses. or full makeup.

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMarieYelton View Post
    SO is 100 percent accepting and we'll still be together, at least as best friends and roommates, even after I transition, which is great, because I'll need a new family, considering I may not have much left once I come out to all my relatives.

Katie, if I didn't know better I'd think that comment would be an awful double standard, being TG and not being accepting of a CD boyfriend, but I think I know how you feel. I see it as, post transition, I want to date a guy that is "all guy". I know that seems hypocritical, but when I'll have spent so many years and so much money changing myself from a gay male to a straight female, I want a boyfriend who I don't have to worry isn't going to want to be my girlfriend some day.
    Your correct for one thing. I was never a gay man. I liked women till I started taking hormones and then things changed. Go figure.

I dress around the house full time now (ie, the last 12 years or so) and my wife is fine with it - her only concern is that I not go out where others can see me "dressed". Around the house I usually do not where make up or a wig (grew my hair long years ago, through a receding hair line ruins the desired "look"). As a recent Christmas present my wife gave me "permission" to get my ears pierced - just love it!!! ... can't wait to the "training earrings" out and put in something pretty! Years ago, we used to go to Tri-Ess meetings in Baltimore once a month which she was OK with, through when I drove home "dressed" it made her uncomfortable.

Recently (last year or so), I've been pushing the envelope in public wearing a bra with small silicon breast forms under certain male shirts that mostly conceal my unnatural breasts. And, I've been doing my nails in a neutral or very pale pinkish shade and only once has a woman clerk at a shop ask "who does your nails?" When I said "I do" she had a bit of a chuckle. My wife will sometimes point out that my nail polish is "a bit obvious" or that "you can see your boobs in that shirt" to let me know I've gone a bit too far ... not, I think, that it bothers her, rather she's trying to save me possible embarrassment.

Although my own kids do not know about my "dressing" my wife's grown daughter does. She was here to visit for 2 weeks over Christmas and we went shopping together several times (my wife hates shopping) and Samantha would hold up a dress or blouse and say something like "do you think Joan would like this?" or "how do you think this would look on Joan?"

All in all, I am very lucky to have such supportive women in my life.

I don't... And won't. And probably never will! She doesn't want to see me enfemme. And anyway... I get enough of "you going to wear that" from here when in male mode... Crossdessing is something I have total control of! No one tells me what to wear or passes judgment on how I look but me!! Ok everyone I come in contact with out there but I don't care what they think! Lol.
    Last edited by Karren H; 01-31-2011 at 09:54 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My situation as been great for 33 years now. I did not think it could get better but it has. My wife has always been accepting and supportive but with the usual limitations a lot of us have such as Don't get caught! I am finding that as the years go by my femininity is increasing. I am now shaving my legs and my nails are looking as the wife says "very pretty", they are now actually longer than hers. I am totally in shock that she has not mentioned that I need to get back to a less feminine look. Not sure where all this is leading to but I am along for the ride.

My wife (sarahm) is totally supportive and I'm free to dress anytime I wish. Funny thing however, unless we have an outing planned like a shopping trip, salon visit or out to dinner I'm rarely in the mood. I always sleep in nightgowns, but consider that under dressing. Fully dressing around the house is limited to maybe once or twice a month and revolves around a photo shoot after a new purchase has been made.