Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going by your female name

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    I picked "Bethany Marie" somewhat quickly, without thinking. A better choice would have been something that matches the initials of my "real", male, name.

An even better choice, when I think about it too much, would have been to just stick with "Dave". I like my name, and I don't really resemble a woman even when I'm really trying ... and half the time, I just wish that I'd stuck with the name that's been attached to me for almost 50 years.

When I am dressed and go out I go only by Alice and everyone knows me only by that name, with a couple of exceptions.

While emfemme everyone calls me Dana...But Dana is my real name...

Femme name

I think you should use what ever name you want to use. Remember "A rose by any other name, is still a rose."

I use Kim when ever I am dressed. Why? It just feels right. It sounds similar to my boy name so if my wife slips up and uses my boy name, it's no big deal.

If I could only have been like Kimberly and been given that name at birth.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

I have been referred to as Maxi long before I started cross dressing. It fits me well. I live life to the maximum.

My SO and her sister call me Nancie when fem and my SO uses Nancie when we happen to be shopping and she sees something that might be nice for Nancie. No one pays any attention, or not that I have noticed. When she thinks we should have a visitor, she will ask if Nancie is coming to visit. When fem and we take a ride she always refers to Nancie as her partner. And no she is not bi. I love being called Nancie, it kind of completes the process.

Platinum Member
    One odd thought - one of my business associates has designated me an "honorary girl" and calles me Marta. I guess Kim wasn't feminine enough!

Well Dave. Names can be very personal or we can be detached from them. You like Dave and that's great and you should go with it. I on the other hand have almost no attachment to my drab name. Never really did. It's unique in the sense that it's unusual. But I have no attachment to it. In drab you can pretty much call me anything you want. I don't care. En Femme is a different story. I started out with lisalotte as a name. Most people assumed it was not really a name and that I made a compound out of lisa allot. They would shorten it to Lisa. Ok. I s'pose Lisa is a good name. Problem was. I wasn't a Lisa. I am not bubbly, fun loving, cute and sassy and flirty. After a long look at myself. I settled on Natasha. It fits me. Dark, serious, drinks red wine. Makes no appologies. Goes her own way. I am very attached to Natasha. Very.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

When I first started dressing and was fairly closeted I didn't really think of a fem name. But as my journey has taken me out in public more and more it only made sense to have "num de plume". I also have no interest in transitioning any further (just an outgoing crossdresser) but it completes the transformation that I do enjoy.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    When I first came on these forums, my name was a way of covering my (then) male identity and also establishing my female identity. That changed on 1st July last year as I no longer have a male name.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I love going by my femm name while dressed as well. The name Scarlett has a suggestive feel to it, i love it

When I'm dressed i only answer to Siobhan. Plain and simple. My male side is on the shelf at home.

Whilst my male name is technically androgynous when abbreviated, it's still seen as a mostly male name (I've only ever met about one or two women who go by this name). The wierd thing was that it took me a long time to work out another name for myself.

Eventually, I settled on "Claire" (Sophie, Fiona, Jill, Heather and Jadzia all seemed like possible names at one point or another but they didn't feel right for some reason) for a whole bunch of reasons. One of them is that I'm a fan of the old "Resident Evil" games and Claire Redfield is one of my favourite characters (my male name is also shared by a character in Resident Evil).

Video games aside, other reasons I settled on "Claire" include the fact that I've never met anyone called Claire who I didn't get on with. Also, the name "Claire" means "Bright,shining and famous" and it accurately describes my mood when I do not have to act/appear/ be male.
    Last edited by izzfan; 02-06-2011 at 11:25 AM.