Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting thing happened at the store

Only had one gal ever get chitty with me about anything and it wasn't about anything at all CD/TG, etc. I just looked at her and asked her if she'd changed her panties that morning. She got red in the face and left. Oh well,

Sometimes humbleness dissappears when you done no wrong to people,they teach you to be mean.I hope that we all as individuals realize that the universal law is "treat as you want to be treated"some for stupid reasons feel they on top of everyone.Whatever she meant with that comment will hunt her back cause its like that what goes around comes around simple fact.Regardless !!

Amy, one rotten apple doesn't make the whole basket rotten.

My reply,"I'll meet you over in the tent department".

If you look on websites like Macys.com where they allow reviews you will see as many reviews written by males buying panties as you do women. I think things are starting to change some. Macys doesn't filter out the male comments. Seems to me an acceptance of sorts?

Old biddy! Tell her to mind her own business. And while she's at it, the grundies are over in the "Old Lady" section. Now scoot!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Follow your dream.
    Simple response: "Excuse me? Please for the love of God, Stop dressing like a slobby man before getting onto your soapbox to preach to me. Hypocrate!"
    Look her dead in the eyes when saying it.

I work hard as heck to earn my money ....and there is no one in the world can make me feel bad about how I choose to spend it ....No sales clerk..No other customer..no knuckle head jock...nobody !..

Joann

My first thought was to respond "I'm not buying them for you."

and then find a sales clerk to pay.

I have had a couple of small incidents but no-one ever actually confronted me.

Hey Jill, that would be one snappy reply to make to someone.

I usually set my attitude before I shop, and no one questions... in the Haines outlet store, one clerk really likes me and is only too glad to help me find panties and camis, and she found a perfect bra one time... we know each other on a first name basis... for years i wore men's underwear, and always thought they could have a better design... then I went to panties... no comparison and no going back... if all men knew how good they feel, every one would wear them... a great marketing opportunity here... in the grocery store one time, I had a woman's hair do and nails done and jean shorts with a sleveless boatneck top... some old guy behing me started laughing, and pointed at me... the clerk ignored him as did I...

I know how stressful that sounds. I was recently in a show store and bought a pair of nice heels, not loud nor outlandish, just nice heels. I was in male mode also. But I was so nervous as it has been ages since I went into a store and purchased anything for myself. In doing so and being nervous, I did not look carefully enough at the size of heel. It was too small.

I showed my wife and she thought they were very sexy and very nice. We went to the store a few days later and I went straight to the counter where a younger (early 20's) sales lady was attending the front register, and told her I needed to return them. (As I thought it would be safe to do on my own since my wife was with me.) Without hesitation, she looked at me and said I needed a larger size and that they did not carry anything larger.

WOW ! She knew ! She didn't say anything negative and suggested I look online for something simular and I might want to check out http://www.crossdresser.com/. I almost busted up but said thank you, I know the site.

What a pleasure that was. She was friendly and nice.

I realize it wasn't a bad expience but thought I would share.

Bri

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar
    "Funny, I don't remember asking your opinion."
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

addicted to shoes and VS KristineW's Avatar
    First, I have totally been there before - completely engrossed in checking out the sale bins and yes, occasionally notice some ugly old hag glaring it at me - usually I think it is for one of two reasons, either a) you snagged something that they wanted, or b) they are jealous b/c they realize that you look better than they do!

At this stage in my dressing and my shopping, I probably would have said something back to her along the lines of I'm sorry, you are right, these would certainly look better on you than on me. Considering I probably would have been purchasing something a couple of sizes smaller than her, I am sure it would have a) shocked her and b) elicited some giggles from some of the other more polite shoppers. In some ways, such a response still leaves it open to interpretation as to whether you are shopping for yourself or for a significant other!

Personally I have found that some days, I am far more non-chalant about accepting that others suspect that you are looking for yourself, and other days I still get a bit nervous. Honestly, I think I get the most nervous when I see another guy shopping. I know for a fact that Victorias Secret actually trains their staff on how to treat their male customers. My biggest complaint about VS tends to be that the sales girls can get so eager to help.

As for clothes shopping, when I first started out, I tended to go to a big thrift store, and one day one of the checkout ladies complemented me on a dress I picked out. Seeing as the next day I returned for a pair of shoes and happened to be in her line again, I think she figured it out as she said they would go nicely with the dress I purchased the day before.

Then one day as I had moved up to buying things at places like Marshalls, I had to return a pair of Sandals that were too small. The sales clerk commented on how cute the sandals were, and I casually responed, yes and that I was disappointed that they didn't fit - it was sort of like when the Nazi's trap the guys at the end of the Great Escape - I let my guard down, but the funny thing was she didn't care and I felt a bit excitement about being open about it.

quiet girl in lingerie Jennifer Soames's Avatar
    It is sad to hear that people are so happy to put others down. I have had some very posative reactions. I have had SA that have been so helpful. I love the helpful tips and the goodwill some women have shown me. 3 weeks ago I was shoppig in a new shop (lingerie) for me when the women serving asked the usual size questions. My answers were a bit strained and she asked me was the person i was buying for here at the moment. This happened to me once before and I said no. This time, a little more wiser I said yes. She confirmed it was me I was shopping for and when I said yes she said the she had lots of men who shopped here for themselves.

She measured me and asked what style I was looking for. We looked at different bras and panties and I got her opinion and lots of little questions on my preferences. She asked me if I fully dressed. Nothing made her uncomfortable or embarrased me. It was great and my previous posts are full of similar experiences. It does annoy me when I read posts where people get dumped on. so if this or something similar ever happens to you againremember to keep your dignity even when others have lost thiers.

I don't know if it's just me, ill be following my wife through the cloths isles and she may drift off for a second. If a woman should see me there i could tell she's looking at me at the corner of her eye, and almost thinking whats this guy doing here. I tell my wife i have a lot of respect for cders who shop for themselfs, it must take a lot of courage. My wife tells me that i feel to much guilt about my dressing and shouldn't care what other people think and start doing things that make you happy and not worry about a woman you don't even know. If you want something from here i want you to scream it out loud and not care about that lady.

Zorro with a makeup brush BeckiB's Avatar
    There are people out there that spew their nonsense because they can and it goes unchecked. I find the minute you respond they shutup and walk away...fast!

There may be many people that dislike, or even have false and bad information about those of us that are TG, but most have class and would never say a word and just go on and mind their own business. This woman lacked any sense of class.

I would have looked right at her and told her to shut her freaking pie hole!

A couple years ago I was at Catherines with my GF shopping for HER and another CDer came in. She looked great but her voice was the clue. Some ol biddy started making loud and very rude comments deliberately so everyone could hear. After a couple minutes I walked over and asked her loudly "What's the matter with you? You step on the string?" I heard a couple "OMG"s followed by laughter from a few others there. The nasty one quickly left with a purchase.

She must have been having a bad day to say the least. Everyone has a bad day now and then. She might have felt kind of lousy about it for a minute, maybe two, then went on with her life what ever it is. The question to me is about the acceptance that everyone talks about on the form. Why does everyone feel the need to expect people to be accepting of the cross-dressing? (Or anything else for that matter) As long as no one is forcing you to use those stupid light bulbs or buy something you don’t want, who cares if they are accepting or what they might think. All you should ask is they respect that you exist, not admire or embrace you as a common denominator. For crying out loud it’s not like we don’t do the same thing, shall we talk politics perhaps? On that I’m sure we could all be accepting of others points of view.

I guess that I've been lucky. I've never had a rude comment made or even an ugly look, at least not that I noticed. I have had a few cute comments though.

One that I'll never forget was when I was buying some stuff at Kohl's and the young girl, probably 19 or 20, as she was ringing stuff up held up the bra and said, "I dont' know if that's your size or not." I assured her that it was and we had a nice little conversation since there was no one else in line.
    If I had any idea that therapy, hair removal, hair transplants, doctors and medications were so expensive I would have planned to be rich first.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine cd View Post
    I've had no problems buying femme apparel but I must relate one incident that happened While Shopping at JC Penney for some bras. I selected my items and went to the cashier station and was met by a friendly sales person.
    She ran up my selections and then said " I think that they will will look lovely on you". I thanked her and said I would be enjoying them soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillieJoEllen View Post
    Janine, I think thats an assumption that she could possibly get in trouble for making. IMO
    I have said the same thing to friends who I know would never cross-dress; possibly not even to save their life. I very much doubt that the SA made any assumption at all. There is a strong possibilty that it was meant light-heartedly in case the man she was serving felt at all embarassed. Let's not get out the white hoods just because someone makes a light-hearted remark that gave no offence.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

i guess i have been lucky as as of yet no bad remarks from the lower side of things. and only great remarks from the sales crew's. but then they have been told to be nice. but there have been stores were the girls on staff went out of there way to help, and even got good responses from "other" lady's in said stores.

life has been good.
    but then i need to get into town on monday for a blood test...do i have any extra cash? the mall is right by the fwy.