Thread: fun with sales lady

Wink fun with sales lady

well i've learned a great deal from my sisters (my family) just by reading and listening. i went into a local payless shoe store yesterday and bought a nice pair of brown pumps. i was in drab, and the only other customers were a group of teenage girls not too far from the register. when i went to pay the "older" sales lady smiled ande asked me in a very loud voice "will you be needing any pantyhose to go with your purchase today sir"?

taking your advice and not letting her shake me i replyed in an equally loud voice " no thanks , i went to victorias secret before stopping here ".

as i was walking out the door and passing the four young ladies, the clerk announced "those will look real cute on you"

i slightly turned and answered "well i certinly hope so"

so i went back this morning in hopes she would be ther (she was) she stammerd and asked "can i help you"? I simply said "yes, you were right yesterday, those pumps were cute on me" i bought a blue pair and left :-
    [SIZE=2]HIGH HEELS AND SHORT SKIRTS[/SIZE] : :shh:

Vallari (Goddess) ;)

Thumbs up

Good for you. Nothing wrong with letting others know your comfortable with yourself. I guess she knows now that not all of us will put up with that abuse.
    Well done.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Having a wife and daughter in the retail industry, I would bet it is the standard pitch they have to memorize and use with every sale. The markup on accessories is 5 times more than on the main product, and stores insist on getting every multi item sale they can....some even keep track and award "bonuses" for the highest % in the district.

Emily Ann

Excellant reply Veronica,you rock sis.
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

Well done Veronica.

Now that's what I call confidence.

EMILY ANN ,

i'm sure you are quite correct that it is policy. i would also guess i heard her much louder than she accutally spoke. tried to keep it polite

PRISCILLA ,

they were mostly your words i've read over and over about not being ashamed or self concious
    [SIZE=2]HIGH HEELS AND SHORT SKIRTS[/SIZE] : :shh:

Great comeback, wish I could think that fast on my feet. or, ah, on my heels hee hee.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Cute, Sweet, and Petite!! DeniseNY's Avatar
    You go, girl!

That's telling them. You're not on this earth to take their mess. And I just loved that quick thinking!
    "He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat."
    - Napoleon

"Yeah, whatever, but can you kick MY ass?"
    - Duke of Wellington

Congratulations Veronica! Polite and unashamed.
    DonnaT

April's GG

Smile

Well done! Very,very happy for you.Way to show it doesn't bother you.

Love,
    Baby Girl
    Nice and easy

Way to go girl. Very cool. I hope to be able to do that someday. But it will not be with shoes as I wear a 14 EEE and finding something to fit is near impossible, even on line.

Kisses, April
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

Platinum Member
    pay less is a fun store way to go just go with it and have fun.........

Great example of making lemonade out of lemons. Proud of you, girl! :Power:
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

-Yes Veronica !! - a quick ,witty, nonconfronting responce...You do yer sisters proud ! xx"K"
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "

Strong work Veronica!!!! Keep it up and keep shopping!
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

girl next door
    AT - A - G I R L !!

The pride and confidence we gain from being here really is an inspiration.

GypsyKaren
    I was buying pantyhose at Walgreens once and the girl asked if they were for me. I looked her straight in the eye and said yes. I'm not gonna let some minimum wage clerk bother me.

GypsyKaren

michellejean

Smile

went in a store to get a blk.bra and panties and a garter belt and stockings sales lady said are you sure about your size .....i said honey with pads it will fit fine. oh ok she said and so we (she and i finshed my shopping)and i ask her out for coffee and she said ok.now we are friends.michellejean.(mrs.highheels)

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    It's been a long time since a salesperson has given me anything more than the SOP sales line, but at lunch I bought a floor length cocktail dress in sparkly mauve with spaghetti straps. When I laid it on the counter she held it up to herself before folding it and said "This is really your color" I just replied "Really? I thought green was" and laughed. She laughed too. When she handed me the bag she said " One look at this tonight and your wife will make it a night to remember." I just said "You may be right."

I've always thought laughter covers a multitude of poor remarks.

(And she was right....if my wife sees this it will be a night(mare) to remember alright!)

Emily Ann

You go, girl!!!

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

I would've gotten her fired

yeah Im a jerk
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Go Veronica!!!! All love
    "Keep on walking, don't look back..."

BE YOURSELF...
    "Worrying about tomorrow only ruins today" (Helen Boyd)

Quote Originally Posted by April5050
    Way to go girl. Very cool. I hope to be able to do that someday. But it will not be with shoes as I wear a 14 EEE and finding something to fit is near impossible, even on line.

Kisses, April
    try the following site for large shoes

http://www.mayashoes.com/4_INCH_HEEL_PUMPS.html

hugs Misty

michellejean
    i went shopping for new highheels last night (like i need some more)can,t help it....was looking around for about 2 min.and a sales man came over and ask me if he could be of help (very nice) and nice looking. i was dressed in man mode (tight jeans and pullover shirt but i had on unsex flat shoes.) i told him my size and ask for the style and color and he was real nice and went and got them and even ask if i wanted to try them on..i said thank you but i know they will fit.and i paid him and as i was leaving(it was closeing time)he walked to open the door to let me out and told me he sure would like to have fit me in my shoes.i said you still can.and he did and we both had a good time and we will again.michellejean(mrs.highheels)