Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you one of nature’s mistakes?

I'm not a mistake ,God doesn't make mistakes he just gets blame for them

Everything in life is on a continuum. We are all somewhere between male and female, gay and straight, tall and short, autistic, ADD, etc. How we express ourselves is simply an indicator of where we may be on any particular scale. I think the reason some people are uncomfortable with cross dressing is that they have feelings themselves but don’t feel comfortable expressing them. So, they lash out in an attempt to subdue their feelings or hide them in humor. We are who we are, and I’m happy with me. I just wish the world could be more accepting of everyone’s self.

...God doesn't make mistakes...
    What about the appendix?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick2Nikki View Post
    What about the appendix?
    ...and the tonsils or even the gall bladder. If we don't need 'em, why are they there?

We are exactly who we are supposed to be Freddy, "Nature" notwithstanding.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Mistake? Not at all. I feel I've been blessed with the ability to enjoy life from both ends of the male/female spectrum, and in my mind, that's a good thing. Having to keep it a secret from most everyone? Well, that's society's mistake, not mine.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

We're all God's children, and He doesn't make MISTAKES.

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    Am I one of "Nature's Mistakes?" I dunno, but one thing I know for sure is that if I AM, it's got NOTHING to do with CDing...

I'd say natures Triumph, not mistake.

Woman on the outside Jennie1975's Avatar
    IMHO there are two camps in this "GREAT" world we live in Trans people and NonTrans people. For me I fall in the Trans camp and I for one am damn proud!
    The only "mistake" nature made was giving humans intelligence, because with intelligence comes ignorance.
    Jennifer

No,I wouldn't consider our existence a mistake at all.In the natural world everything has evolved for a purpose.Maybe we've just not realized yet that we're all apart of that.Now if we could be as accepting and receptive to our fellow human beings as we are towards nature?We could learn a lot.

a bit nutty
    Nature's mistake? No, not anymore. Not that long ago I subscribed to that belief, and the only real mistake was the one that made me think I was one. I tried so hard to be seen as "normal", quietly hating my other side for not fitting in. Pathetic.

I think you're Crisp quote said it all. "...wait for society to form around you..." We'll be waiting a long time though.

Am I normal? Define normal please. I don't think there is any human being out there that can honestly define "normal" or to say that someone can be considered a mistake. Nobody is born without some kind of deviation from the norm. We're all conformists to some degree and everyone struggles to fit in and be accepted.

It's a world of fake people making fake rules for an ignorant society, condemning the real people for trying to bring real life to light. We are what we are, or "I yam what I yam!"

Ginger

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    MISTAKE?????

NO!!!

My God does make mistakes. He just hasn't saw fit yet to tell me what my purpose was.

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

Im not a mistake.

But even with out the crossdressing i would be nowhere near mainstream. Im a left-handed, linux-using, c-programming, rc-airplane-building, epee-fencing wierdo. They don't sell any of that at the mall (but they do sell dresses and high heels.....)

One of Nature's Mistakes? I prefer to think of myself as one of Nature's Grand Experiments, and a rather successful one too.

And God does not make mistakes, we just don't always see the point of what He does. People who insist that he does not make mistakes, (from their point of view,) are just too insecure to enjoy the Freedom he desires for His children. So they attempt to deny it to us, and even to Him!

I saw an article on the Grace and Lace Newsletter, a Christian CD/TS site, (yes, that's what I said,) which stated that rather than necessarally being either a bessing or a curse, being TG is an assignment God gives us, so we can grow into our true selves and into a deeper relationship with him.

Here is a link to the site; http://members.cox.net/gnlnews/index1.html Pleasant browing.

(Mods, please delete if this breaks any rules.)
    Last edited by DameErrant; 02-03-2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: To get it completely right!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Non Nobis Domine, non Nobis, sed Nomine tua da Gloriam!"
    "Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind." Albert Einsten.
    "Champagne for our real friends, and real pain for our sham friends!" Irish American Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Goiven how life was formed from a primorial ozze...
    Me thinks Karren has been secretly wearing her jeans too tight and it has affected her keystrokes. I've never heard of "primorial ozze" but it sounds something like primordial ooze. I thought that is what coal miners mucked around in.

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

Oooh, Frederique, you sure stirred it up. Looks like a few people got a little touchy about being called a mistake.
    But to the extent that as a male I was not expected to like to wear femme things, but do, OK it's a mistake.
    Mistakes don't always have to be bad. Some great inventions & useful products started out as mistakes.
    Heck, if it weren't for a few mistakes in the DNA replication every generation, I'd still be that perfect little critter in the primordial ooze.

I'm just one of nature's variants.

There are so many replies to this post that I debated about posting a reply. Obviously, based upon this and previous posts, you spend a lot of time "thinklng".

A long time ago I came to the conclusion that I was not a "mistake"; I was just different from many people, ie. unique. It is amazing and a bit disheartening that so many people feel this way about people who are not just like they are.
    Hugs, Carole

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Maybe there is in fact an evolutionary advantage to having people like us in the population. (recognizing that is a pretty broad spectrum in itself) There are lots of examples among other species where the reproductive success of the species depends on cooperation between the actual parents and other related members of a group. Wolves for example. The alpha's reproduce, but the pups are protected, nurtured and taught by non-reproducing members - relatively submissive females AND MALES.

In human societies, often the eldest son inherited the property or leadership stature. And as research has recently shown, younger brothers are more likely to have feminine traits ...the more older siblings the more likely the younger ones are to exhibit feminine traits. How does that help - perhaps, just guessing, that more feminine younger brothers are less likely to usurp and more likely to support their elder brother, again leading to a higher possibility of reproductive success. (We'll discount the example of inbreeding among royal families which messes up the whole reproductive order!)
    Agree. That is why many women often date submissive feminine men to raise the kids but secretly sleep with the dominant alpha male.

I'd say I'm an outlier or a variant (to use a couple of terms mentioned above), but hardly a mistake. As a kid I assumed I had to be the only boy anywhere who really liked to wear girls' clothes, and dealing with that was often difficult, with some feelings that I had to be a mistake of some sort--as I've grown older and communication has become easier, I realize that I may be at a different place on the gender spectrum from most males, but I'm hardly unique and definitely not a mistake.

I also tested well to one end of the bell curve on intelligence tests (the high end) throughout my childhood, but was never asked to think of that as a mistake--I was told I had a gift. Why can't this be another gift?

The avvy pic isn't me
    Yeah, this one took off straight in the direction of God, creation, religion and so on. I thought the OP was more a commentary on the type of bullsh!t Hollywood likes to spew, but oh well.
    Perhaps we should take our dear Lord out of this picture here. And i think everyone should think about what Busker said about going to a childrens ward.
    If you can still say there are no mistakes then............wow, Bless you.
    I liked Stephanie Anne's reply too.

At any rate, i'll go 50/50 on this one, but i would say that some of you need to relax a little.

Cassie

Just another 'Gurl'
    Well at least I am not a Twinky, now those are mistakes. Oh, but I do love them so.
    Just another man in a dress

Banned Read only
    Mistake? Me? Hardly! I just did girl the hard way. Anyone can be born a girl.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by erickka
    We're all God's children, and He doesn't make MISTAKES.
    [SIZE="2"]Under the circumstances we find ourselves in, shouldn’t it be SHE? [/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]Years ago someone said that if homosexuality is wrong, that implies that God made a mistake, and how can that happen? That kind of logic usually stops homophobic rantings for a few moments, until hatred steps around the barricade and carries on as if nothing was heard. I’m not a religious person, but it seems to me that its people that decide who or what is a “mistake” according to their own twisted notion of what correct behavior is, or should be...
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Angelofsomekind
    I'd say natures Triumph, not mistake.
    [SIZE="2"]I like that one! [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott
    Oooh, Frederique, you sure stirred it up. Looks like a few people got a little touchy about being called a mistake.
    [SIZE="2"]Oooh, Nicole, you should be stirred up, but don’t shoot the messenger – I only report why I hear and see. Imagine someone calling someone’s lifestyle a mistake! It’s a travesty, pure and simple...
    [/SIZE]