Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: would u transition if,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?

Now I look great as a guy and I haven't tried to fully go female but I doubt that I would transition unless I was getting paid a LOTT of money.I am very tempted to just go out and try to dress full time for a couple of months.

I look better (and younger) as a woman, but I am very happy to be able to have the best of both worlds, so transitioning is out of the question.

The driving force behind deciding to transition is not about looks. It's about how a person feels about themself.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    as long as I could still do all my male activities without getting ridiculed. Yes I would rather present as a female most of the time.

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danielle.cd View Post
    ...do u look better as a female than u do a male? if so would u transition if every one agreed that u do look better?
    I look reasonably decent either way (or at least I think I do ). If I do transition, it won't be because I take a poll on everyone's opinion of my appearance. It'll be because it is something that I need to do, and because I'd know I would be better off as a female.

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Thats one of the reason that I transitioned everyone said I look better as a female and I wanted to be a female since I was 6 and if you feel you look better than your male side go for it.

Surely transitioning because of how you would look is far too flippant. It should either be life-affirming and life-saving or you are making a horrendous mistake.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    I look great both ways, but I wouldn't transition because I'm not into men and you can't get a great female voice from any sex change technique.
    I'm not into men, but I didn't let a little thing like that prevent me from choosing to live (and therefore transition)
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I think I look lots better en femme than I do as a man, but that's just my opinion. I'm still not going to transition, despite that fact that I think I'd love to be a woman. There's a helluva lot more to such a decision than, "Gee, I look cute this way."

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Banned Read only
    I agree with Miranda09, wouldn't it be really neat to be two nice looking people/gender, whatever the mood, you could be that. Sign me up.

I find it baffling the way that something so important can be discussed so lightly. Breast implants and facial surgery are one thing. Women make those sorts of body modifications all the time and it's not that big a deal, as long as one doesn't go overboard. I know as a heterosexual woman, the thought of having a partner with actual breasts is a HUGE turn off for me, but intellectually I can see the draw.

Taking hormones, on the other hand, is a major decision that will impact every part of your life. It changes your personality, your sex drive, possibly even your orientation. It can have long-term health effects.

Particularly for myself, after devoting much of my life to help women naturally increase the free testosterone in their bodies so they can have a more enjoyable sex life with their partners, I find it baffling that anyone would want to do that. Of course those who feel they are women born in men's bodies, yes, I can see why such drastic measures should be taken. But certainly it's not something that should be casually undertaken, just to improve one's looks!

On the other hand, I fully support changing society so that men are able to dress and act as women and be accepted as female without having to do such drastic things to their bodies. Particularly the libido!

I think this topic is a good what if? scenario...
    For me it brings up the questions of how far invested am I? is it a choice at all or something innate? is it just fun?
    and is the only reason I don't transition due to the limitations of my current life situation???

I just hope those who have made the transition don't get offended by any of it. It's just interesting to think about.
    Last edited by Genivieve; 02-03-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Aspiring Member
    You know if I were 5-7", 120-35lbs and 35 with $40,000 I'd do it in a minute. The lady of today has everything going for her. Such luscious shoes, duds and undies.

If I had it to do all over again I would definitely transition. I wouldn't make a very good looking woman however but I could deal with that.

This is a horrible thought but we should make a guy vs girl mode post like the sticky on the main page.
    This version would take votes on better looking as a man or woman.

Also, aren't of the surgeries not so safe in the long term...bone weakness ect?
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 02-08-2011 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Merged - please use the edit button

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    Nope....wouldn't transition. I like being a guy as much as being a girl and dressing up is just a fun escape for me. Now if I could snap my fingers and transition back and and forth at will, now that's a different story!!
    This is where I stand also. I think I look better than all three of of sisters and pass ok but on the other side there is a transgendered girl, takes hormones, had the operation, boob's and all; he was a hulk in his male life, truck driven, hunt'n, knife throw'n "he" man. Knuckles down to his knees, a real All'y Oop. Now I'am not dissing him for what he did, I know it's best for his own inner self but for a while he was the butt of all jokes in this small town, although people generally began to accept him as he is very open. I commend him on his courage. Question being -- if you look good when you dress, would you transition? How about - why would you if there was no way without looking like godzilla in a wig?

Why should i change sex ,when i have the best of both worlds,to chose from, as and when i like ??

Hugs J-JAY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

Account is closed
    What a shallow thing to say. Transitioning is not about appearance or clothes or being able to indulge femininity.

It is about correcting a gender difference between yourself and what you were assigned at or shortly after birth. Both assigned at birth women and men go through this. Cis Women and men both do cosmetic surgery to alter appearance. Does this mean they are transgendered? No. Many of us have facial and body surgery to accept something we cannot get past. Beauty is not a marker for transition.

I agree with cordgrass how transition fundamentally alters your core. I am not the same person I was even a year ago.

You don't transition for appearance. Not every crossdresser is a TS hiding in the closet and not ever TS crossdressed.
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra Russell View Post
    why would you if there was no way without looking like godzilla in a wig?
    It's called acute Gender Dysphoria. One of the thing sthat the psychiatrist quotes which convinced her that I need help with my gender dysphoria was my statement "I'd rather die an ugly woman than live another day as a man". This was not said for effect, it was a statement of fact. For me the choice was between transition and suicide.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Anne View Post
    What a shallow thing to say. Transitioning is not about appearance or clothes or being able to indulge femininity.

It is about correcting a gender difference between yourself and what you were assigned at or shortly after birth. Both assigned at birth women and men go through this. Cis Women and men both do cosmetic surgery to alter appearance. Does this mean they are transgendered? No. Many of us have facial and body surgery to accept something we cannot get past. Beauty is not a marker for transition.

I agree with cordgrass how transition fundamentally alters your core. I am not the same person I was even a year ago.

You don't transition for appearance. Not every crossdresser is a TS hiding in the closet and not ever TS crossdressed.

Ohh, I hope that wasn't in response to me. I really do understand that there is a fundamental difference. I was just musing on the possibilities of someone to enhance their looks, and was wondering if it was worth the cost.

For a TS it is not an option. I see that.

=)

I have to ask but in the context of the OP, are you saying transition as in SRS or just go full time CD? I would have to say from my perspective when I transitioned I was more or less the equivalent of a non-op TS as a full time CD. I still had/have the "equipment" but the rest of the mind and body were functioning as female including hormone induced breasts so I looked the part as well. Being pretty or looking better as a girl than a boy had nothing to do with it. It was at first something I thought would be fun and exciting. But when it came down to "had to" because of what I had developed into it became challenging. I could be a girl at home and a guy at work...best of both worlds. But with the situation of how I was outed at work and subsequent "transition" becoming a girl was not an option...it was just simpler. My wife says I was and currently am a handsome guy. I have to say she is lying about the before stuff as the best I was ever referred as back then was "gangly" or "string bean". At 6' and 135# what else are you going to be? When I transitioned she said I was pretty. Never a knockout...course maybe your wife isn't going to tell you that but I never heard it from anyone else either. What was scary, was when our oldest daughter got to that age (21-22+) my wife made the comment more than once that she looked just like me. She even wore some of the clothes she found in an old box (tops, t shirts, etc) thinking they were my wifes but they were mine and they fit her perfectly. THAT was scary...like looking in a time-warp mirror sometimes.

anyway...I'm rambling...

Jenn

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Why would I want to lose the best of both worlds? I very much enjoy both of my genders and I see no reason that I can't look equally good in either gender!

Just call me transgendered

tina

If I wasn't attracted to women, I think I would transition. But considering I do love sex with the GG type using my.. uhm.. member that I was born with, then transitioning probably wouldn't be a good idea for me.

I agree with a ot of replies, it's not about looks. I'd not transition in my current circumstances with a wife I love and a good job. Saying that, I work in the NHS and I think this might be a good organisation in which to transition and I think they'd offer a lot of support, but it woul still be far from easy. On the other hand I'd be very happy living as a woman, and this does kind of fit my self-view as being just me, neither male nor female. I usually fall in the middle of those online gender tests, however much credence you put into them. I would make a good woman and have no problem blending into society as a whole as female due to my size. As far as looks are concerned, I'm an ugly man and I do think I look like a woman when I'm en femme, but a very plain one

Just call me Amanda GirlieAmanda's Avatar
    This is something I think about every time I look in the mirror in the morning. It just would seem more natural if I had breasts and a flat crotch area. It seems my inside doesn't match my outside. I do everything I can to feminize my body. I look pretty good as a girl. Still see mannish things I don't like. I have passed in public but I am never sure 100%. As a guy, I have been described as cute. (meaning good looking, boring and pleasant, not hot apparently) I am much more happy, lively, fun and sexy as a girl. Kind of like what I really want to be always. I know I have a lot of TS thoughts. The only things that hold me back are family, job, and risky surgery. If those factors were reduced or eliminated somehow, I would do it. I know in my heart its what I am.
    The phoenix has risen the old life is gone
    A new life to live has finally begun
    There is fun to be had and work to be done
    My beauty is radiant my freedom is won