Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long does chest and leg hair take to grow back?

I shortened mine to about 1/4 inch about a month ago and its still looking the same... good or bad depending how you look at it, but I guessing it grows slower in the winter.
    Chickie

lucky mine comes back in a week two weeks if im lucky

I realize from the responses that I wasn't very clear in asking my question. I understand that even a day later, there is stubble growth in most any area you shave, but I was really wondering how long it takes to get back to looking like the hair you originally had. For example, I recently shaved the top part of my chest, leaving the bottom part alone, just to go slowly with it as a tryout. I'm wondering how long it will take for the hair on the upper half to "match" what's on the lower half, i.e., to get back where it was. Same for legs, which might be different. While I have no SO at the moment (of course, one would notice!), I'm a little bit concerned about things like going to the Dr., and wearing shorts (I live in a warm climate). I also understand it's probably different from person to person, and for different areas on the body, but just wondering what people's experiences are.

By the way, the little patch I shaved on my leg, that's growing back very slowly, is a couple inches below the knee, on the inside (not the back), in an area of typical, although not the heaviest, hairiness. Funny that it's growing back so slowly and sparsely, while my chest hair grows back more as I would expect (a week later, it's perhaps a quarter the way back).

I've been shaving my legs for over 10 years now and have to shave them every 3 days or so. My chest gets shaved every time I shave my face, ie, daily.

I just ordered a device from nono.com that is supposed to inhibit regrowth of hair after 6 weeks of use and is safe to use on the face too. I'll post my results here after I get it and let everyone know if it really works, or not.

If it was left up to me there would not be any regrowth. I keep mine gone and wish it was gone for ever.

Remember- hair grows at a rate of about 1/2 inch a month. Nobody really cares about your leg hair but if you're normally hairy on the chest give it at least two months before appearing before anyone. I'm anticipating surgery on my knee and some abdominal surgery so I'm letting my hair grow again. Its a bummer because I like to be smooth.

The avvy pic isn't me
    I realize that everyone comes to acceptance or a state of not being in fear of society at different rates, but Anon you have absolutely nothing to fear in just shaving off all the hair you want, if you have no SO to object, then just do what makes you happy.
    Doctors, strangers on the street, nobody really cares, read around and you'll see how many of us have gone hairless for years and never get a comment about it.

Cassie

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    It takes about 6 to 8 weeks for my legs and chest to grow out fully. However I've been shaving evrything for the last 3 or 4 months and I find I have to shave about every 4 day for my legs to stay smooth and I shave my upper chest everyday or it gets too stubblely. I like it smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by BillieJoEllen View Post
    Remember- hair grows at a rate of about 1/2 inch a month. Nobody really cares about your leg hair but if you're normally hairy on the chest give it at least two months before appearing before anyone. I'm anticipating surgery on my knee and some abdominal surgery so I'm letting my hair grow again. Its a bummer because I like to be smooth.
    Why would you let the hair grow back? The surgeons are just going to shave it off anyways.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea how long it would take.
    I have never let it grow back!

I have just been through a lot of medical crap. I can tell you one thing......nobody cares if you are shaved or not.
    If the area that will be operated on is smooth, then you will not have to be shaved by the nurses.
    I just saw how much they charge for one of those razor heads. $39.00!

I used to have really hairy legs, but now they are nearly hairless even without shaving (though I have shaved them). Not sure what the deal is other than I wear hose a lot. What little hair I have is almost invisible even when wearing sheer pantyhose.

I epilate and feel stubble on my chest and thighs long before I have stubble on my lower legs. I haven't tried to grow my hair back out yet, but, for me at least, the hair on my calves grows much slower than elsewhere.

Jenny

6-8 weeks for me to look like a hairy ape.

I need to shave my legs now after about 3 weeks it is enough to look hairy. In my experience no one says anything bout them either way. Most never even give a second glance. I need to shave as I will be going out enfemme tommorow night. Billie Jean

I can shave my legs ultra-close, smooth as a baby's butt, and 8 to 10 hours later feel stubble. Drives me nuts. So I guess mine grows fast, but it still takes a couple of months to reach original length -- although I'm just guessing, cuz since I shaved my legs the very first time, the longest I've gone w/o shaving is 3 or 4 weeks.