Thread: My SO knows now

The FW side of DFW, TX, but New Orleans is my adopted home town

My SO knows now

So, after a little cyberstalking, she had me figured out. C'est la vie. Guess I really wanted to be caught. In any case, after a long talk tonight she knows everything, and she is being very supportive. I came clean.

It was a bit terrifying, I must say. I know so many talk about being right up front. Of course, I wish I could have been. Fortunately, it worked out for the best (at least now). I am just so freaking relieved right now, I can't even express it.

I hope it continues like this.
    Torrey

"Never laugh, and you will live to regret it.
    That's what living is to me..." - Jimmy Buffett

https://www.facebook.com/torrey.stephens

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Isn't great to not have to hide anymore!
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

The FW side of DFW, TX, but New Orleans is my adopted home town
    It is like a great weight has been lifted...
    Torrey

"Never laugh, and you will live to regret it.
    That's what living is to me..." - Jimmy Buffett

https://www.facebook.com/torrey.stephens

Acceptance from the one you love is always great.

Just don't go overboard and push her away. Keep the lines of communication open, and be sure to listen to what she has to say. Try to understand her concerns and feelings.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

I'll second the "go slow" message. It is nice that she knows and is apparently accepting, but she has a lot of thoughts to process. You've had years to get to the point you are at, but she has had only days to do the same and it's quite a task. She's going to need time to consider her relationship with you and how she feels about herself. Now is not the time to spring surprises on her! Give her time and most likely the outcome will be positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
    That's terrific, just make sure that she doesn't end up carrying that weight.
    As time goes by she will probably have a lot of questions and concerns about your crossdressing. The best advice is to be as honest and forthcoming as you can. In other words you need to nuture your new found acceptance.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    It's great that your SO knows about you and is expressing support, but I would echo the thoughts of those who have suggested giving her time to absorb everything you two discussed.

I have lost the reference, but there was a great thread about why wives/SO's can sometimes blow hot and cold about their partner's cross-dressing as they seek to come to terms with the new reality, so now is a good time to be even more sensitive than usual to her feelings and not just to her words.

I hope you find a really innovative way of showing her just how much you appreciate her.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

she is being very supportive. I came clean.

I hope it continues like this.
    As do we all. Congratulations, you seem to have a great SO.
    DonnaT

That's great. I too have the support of my wife. I do however realize she is still new to this (3 years) and is still working things out. I always go slow and don't force the issue. When in drab I always am the man she married, she knows I am soft and cute on the inside, but can be the funny, strong, happy man she feel in love with. I actually like living in both worlds, it mixes things up in an exciting way. Have fun.
    Tammy

Congrats to You! its always a big weight off you shoulders!

Platinum Member
    Sounds as though she had some suspicions - or why else would she be cyberstalking. Bbut be that as it may.

Enjoy her supportive attitude. And be prepared to weather some changes as she adjusts to the new reality.

YES. It does exactly that. I've had The Talk with my S/O recently as well. There's work to be done, but I think it'll work out okay and I hope it does for you, also. Best of luck, Torrey, to you and your significant other.
    [SIZE="3"]Ali[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"You're as beautiful as you feel"... Carole King[/SIZE]

I Know it feels great not having to hide anymore. I wish you all the luck going forward.