Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressicus Interuptus

Angry Dressicus Interuptus

I am assuming that this has happened to most (all?) of you at one time or another but I have to vent.

ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

Ok, so my situation is such that I have a very limited opportunity to dress and usually have to plan ahead around my work schedule. Today was a day when I could work from home for most of the day and wouldn’t have to be any where until late afternoon.

For a day or so, I have been getting in the “pink zone” and figuring out what I am going to wear, makeup to try, and how I am going to spend the day. I wake up this morning thinking I would take my youngest to school, then come home and have a “Debby day.” As I am getting up and getting the coffee started, my oldest lets me know that today is a minimum day and she will be home at noon. Now this is doubly infuriating because when I was in school (yes, I’m getting old enough where I say crap like that a lot!) it started and ended at the same damn time every day!!!!! If you have children in public school here in the US these days, they need to have their own calendar to figure out not only when, but what times they are in or out of school! For crying out loud! Unless I wanted to dress, and have oh, about an hour to enjoy it, it just wasn’t worth it! So here I am sitting at my desk as the pink fog slowly evaporates around me.

What a day! Thanks for letting me get this off of my neatly trimmed chest

Debby
    Last edited by Debglam; 02-09-2011 at 08:47 PM.

That's too bad, Debby. Better luck next time, and there will be a next time.
    DonnaT

Banned Read only
    I know your pain. When my kids were in the house, students or mooching adults, I had to keep track of three schedules besides mine. Elementary and middle schools and high schools around here did not start and end at the same time due to school buses. Now the kids are gone and the wife works. I have seven hours Monday through Friday to dress, but, I still get frustrated when I have to accomplish errands and tasks that preclude dressing. I really look forward to my en femme time. The summer months really interfere with dressing. Oh, how I wish I could sit in the backyard during the summer is a pretty sun dress and low heels sandals.

Everything about the way they run public schools is overthought. The one actually decent thing about the old way was unyielding consistency. Well, since this is a virtual little world here at cd-dot-com, I'll picture you in glowing glam elegance all the workday long. FWIW.

Ann

I know it won't make you feel better but situations like this have happened to me many times. Family and friends are often the cause for eliminating or reducing the time that we can enjoy being en femme.
    Hugs, Carole

haha yes that really stinks big time. It can be so frustrating when a big plan is shot down the toilet . !!!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post

Now this is doubly infuriating because when I was in school (yes, I’m getting old enough where I say crap like that a lot!)
    This part of your post had me chuckling,I find myself saying that sort of stuff waaaaay too much LOL,I hope you find some "Debby days" very soon

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Hi Deb,

That really is a cold bucket of water thrown on an anticipated moment of enjoyment. All that pre-planning and happy anticipation just washed down the drain with so few words. I do wish you the best on your next rare opportunity.

I have gone through a similar situation once. I managed to talk the family into having a few days holiday and so planned the few days to be dressed. As I waved them goodbye and watched the car disappear down the street I had one foot in the door way and the hand ready to close. Yep, I took off to the bath. long deep warm water, aromatic oils, a line up of razors, glass of red, soft music and voila. Next thing there is a ring of the door bell. I got out reluctantly closing the bathroom door. Wandered out to be confronted by a family member, " I forgot my bank card". In they came searching and making comments about the what is that odour, and never heard such terrible music. That unfortunately really set the start to MY HOLIDAY. I must say I did not dress till next day after a phone call to ensure they were gone. The other thing that used to happen is a sudden visit by the parents. Fully dressed, make-up perfect then a ring at the door. I can undress in a flash now. Giggles like mad so is the toil in being closetted.

I can sympathize with you Debbie. We have had a daughter and grandchild living with us for almost a year now and I can only dress when they are not here. Today I am able to dress up because the grand child is in school and the daughter and my wife have gone shopping. So my wife calls when they leave the last store and the grandchild comes home around 4PM so it has come down to timing it just right. They are about to move out within the next week or so and then I will be free to dress up whenever I want to. This past year has not been fun for Jeannie. Hang in there girl and don't give up. I have gotten a dress up before and then someone knocks on the door and I have to answer it, now that's a hassle that can really spoil the day.

Jeannie

Oh the plight of being a crossdresser - I've been going through the same thing for months now and am not going to bother unless I get some bonafide time to my self
    IT"S SO FRUSTRATING only outlet is to go shopping with my wife ! and this site.

a bit nutty
    Curses, it seems every opportunity I get to dress is foiled either by my employer, or some kind of family function! It's no wonder I get stuck under dressing more often than not.

Ginger

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    I hear you, sister! I try to remember that I'll miss the heck outta my kids when they are "out of the nest" and to enjoy my time with them.
    Love

Lynne

Yeah but then the grand kids are foisted upon you and they all come back ..... whenever ........whatever

I am sorry for your disappointment. I have been there a few times myself. Just make the best of it and plan for the next time.
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

Could be worse.

My wife and daughter were supposed to go down to my daughter's Alma Mata for homecoming weekend. Kind of a traditional girls trip.

I had planned for some Steffi time for most of the weekend, including wig shopping with some other gurls and then a Girls Night Out

The week before the trip, they had a big fight, and it looked like the trip was off ... and then on ... and off ... and then on.

So my wife left in the morning planning to meet my daughter.

I got all girled up and headed out to my wig fitting.

I had just gotten there and was talking to the wig lady while waiting for the other 2 gurls to show up when my wife called.

Short story, they weren't getting along and my wife was coming home immediately, and not staying the night.

So, I had two hours to get home, clean up, and put everything away. Not expecting anyone around, I had left my makeup all around and clothes strewn all about. Plus, I was 30 minutes from home.

Well obviously I made it home on time because I'm still alive to write this. But it did take me an hour and a half to make everything presentable.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    my oldest lets me know that today is a minimum day and she will be home at noon.
    "Minimum Day" literally means "The school is doing the minimum they can get away with for the students."

We parents should be screaming about this sort of thing.

I am sorry to hear that your day went sour.

Believe me I know how you feel.
    I get so little trime now that I almost never have that problem anymore. So enjoy the time that you do get.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    "Minimum Day" literally means "The school is doing the minimum they can get away with for the students."

We parents should be screaming about this sort of thing.
    here in Scotland there called "In service" days and theirs plenty of them,another phrase meaning free days off for teachers if you ask me
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by t-girlxsophie View Post
    here in Scotland there called "In service" days and theirs plenty of them,another phrase meaning free days off for teachers if you ask me
    They are often called the same thing here. "In Service" refers to "In-Service Training." The teachers work a full day, morning in class, afternoon attending training sessions. From what I've heard, most of them would rather be with their students.

When both my grown children didn't know it was not unusual for something like that to happen. At the very least, my son would arrive and want to talk for a couple of hours. That put me way behind schedule for an outing and had to rush thru everything to get out the door only a little late! It's so much easier now that the whole household knows.
    Sally

I hear you. I had children grown. Wife at work. Nothing to do in the landscape business all winter--fun! Fun!
    But then--my wife lost her job. And now she insists on hanging around the house all the time. Or takes the key to my storage shed with her. I am only allowed to dress when she goes to church. Sigh.

Maybe you should go to a school board meeting and complain about the scheduling. Better yet, maybe you should go dressed to really make a point about how inconvenient it is.

Seriously, those things have happened to me more than once. I know how you feel. It seems that we are likely to invest more in planning and expectations when we know about an opportunity for some gurl time than when the chance just pops up suddenly. There were actually times when I felt like I would be glad when my kids finally left home so that dressing would be easier. But, now that they have left, I'm not so glad. I miss them more than I appreciate the increased flexibility for dressing. I still have to deal a wife who is not at all approving or supportive. But, I wouldn't want to wish her away either.

I really enjoyed my kids. I gave it all I had in trying to be a very involved dad. Most people would agree that the results were very positive. Of course, they were often aggravating as well. So, I guess they had to grow up and leave before I really understood how much they meant to me. When they were infants or toddlers, it seems like they would be with us forever. We were adjusting to what seemed like a whole new life with a full family under roof. But, it turns out that it's only a small slice of life. They come and go way too fast. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't change very much. But, I would really appreciate the time more - both for my kids and for crossdressing.

Hope you get another free day again soon. I always seemed to.

I can totally relate. It puts me in such a sour mood when I either have to cancel Christy time or worse, have to run around mad because someone is coming in earlier than planned and I left my stuff all over while trying to relax. AAARRRRGGGHHH doesn't describe the disappointment.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It COULD be WORSE, Deb!

My ex and I kind of alternate days picking up and keeping my hi-school daughter. One day she's out at 1:30, next it's 3:00! And, she JUST CHANGED SCHEDULES mid term! Drives me NUTS! Eeek!

Of course, we ALSO alternate weekends! And THAT works quite well for Sherry! (S-- eating grin!)
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!