Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody have a CDL or drive for a living?

Thanks for all the responses. Maybe after a few years of driving I might get brave enough to get fully dressed and actually get out of the truck. But for now, I'll settle for just being able to underdress some and wear my (semi) girly stuff to sleep in.
    Never meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste great dipped in chocolate and covered with sprinkles

I'm a RED member

Screw the long haul. Cross border sucks. Long days and nights. No set days off. Don't know when you'll be home next. Money was good but not worth it. K. Snowplow in the winter and Asphalt haul in the summer with road maintenance. Home every day. Be surprised what you can wear under those loose coveralls. HEE HEE! Good luck! It's a nightmare out there sometimes with stupid drivers on the road. Don't trust any of them. Stay with a reputable company, not one that encourages you to run 3 log books and break every rule out there. And have lots of good tunes to put in the ol cd or cassette player.

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    I am a retired Carpenter, with a CDL for many years.
    I drive a Dump Truck part time as a fill in for a small excavating company
    near me. I do not dress when driving, but I do wear panties.
    I am in and out of the truck 20 times a day at least, so trying to "get away"
    with any dressing just does not make sense.
    Good luck on your training. When backing up a trailer, remember to back up
    the "Trailer", not the truck. Use the bottom of the steering wheel, pushing
    it toward the way you want to go. Go slow, and you will catch on.
    See if you can borrow a boat trailer or such to practice on. It will help you
    to get the hang of backing. Always chuck your mirrors and trust your mirrors.
    Rader
    I'm a retired carpenter also, I worked for my local power utility as an in house construction mechanic and was required to drive everything from pick ups to semis hauling everything from lumber and tools to heavy construction equipment. I, along with numerous other employees took our state endorsed CDL exam administered through the employer. I have had a class ABCD CDL since the early eighties and it's due for renewal this year.

Since retiring from my utility job I have driven straight trucks, flatbed, dump, and concrete and on each job I have gone underdressed (panties, pantyhose, and cami in winter, and androgenous tank top in summer), but would never go completely en femme while driving. If you intend to drive interstate where you're in the cab most of the time dressing full time might work for you but you might get some long hard looks from other drivers especailly at truck stops and scales.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Old bed bug hauler here, I used to under dress all the time, but no I don't think I would try working that way, scales, customers and bosses, to many to upset. But a night on the road in motels, that was a different story. I've been out of the business for a few years now, but other than the money's not as good, it was a pretty good life.
    Tina B.

i have a cdl drive box trucks mostly but some time 18wheelers if we have big jobs but that not to offen got to remember when you are driving you may get pulled over by dot they are idiots so be safer to just dress at home
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wink

[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]31 years and 3.5 million accident free miles! I have been driving the Dalton Highway in Alaska for the last 13 years, from regular flats, vans and tankers to 250,000 pound oilfield modules and heavy equipment. The life has been good to me, but very hard on my loved ones...If I had to do it again, I wouldn't![SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

ok guys, geez, he asked about cd'ing in the truck not a truck driving seminar...yes, i drive and have driven for almost 20 years. Its easy to experiment out here on your own in private without to much worry if you take the time to experiment at safe times, like when your stopped for the night and curtains are closed with no chance anyone will bother you. Wouldn't try it backed up to the dock though. And I find that it gives me many opportunities to try and shop at new places and walmarts, ect where noone knows or cares who I am. Nothing like a night of trying on your new purchases and doing your nails in peace and quiet in your sleeper at night too...me I love my girly bedwear and sheet and blanket sets with the automatic misters that perfume your truck interior with your favorite scent. You can completely get into the pink fog attitude in private. I always have my male clothes in one side of the truck, and my womens clothes in the other side. Never been questioned by anyone from a dealership or if your a company driver, their shop if your company has a rider policy. They may just think that stuff is your wifes..(giggle at how little do they know). And yes, I love to drive enfemme when I can, usually at night more openly, but even in the day depending on traffic and my routes. Ive yet been asked in for an inspection while enfemme, and hope I wouldn't, but am prepared to quickly change if I get run around to the back. Might be another story if the officer just comes out to jump up on the running board...So all in all, you can do it very successfully in a truck if your in tune with your surroundings and yourself as well, some of us are more "in the closet" while some of us "just don't care". I always try to underdress as much as I can, as who cares, not many could see I don't think.(jeans cover most undies and a black tee with black bra doesn't show too much I think.)
    : I may not know where I'm going, but I know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by stephiny10 View Post
    On the lighter side,but related to this thread check out a song by "weird al" named the truck driver song.
    Driving with my high heels on I believe the title is...its funny as heck...lol! Al said he had to come in really early in the morning to get that "low, deep" trucker voice when he recorded it.
    : I may not know where I'm going, but I know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeswoman View Post
    ok guys, geez, he asked about cd'ing in the truck not a truck driving seminar...yes, i drive and have driven for almost 20 years. Its easy to experiment out here on your own in private without to much worry if you take the time to experiment at safe times, like when your stopped for the night and curtains are closed with no chance anyone will bother you. Wouldn't try it backed up to the dock though. And I find that it gives me many opportunities to try and shop at new places and walmarts, ect where noone knows or cares who I am. Nothing like a night of trying on your new purchases and doing your nails in peace and quiet in your sleeper at night too...me I love my girly bedwear and sheet and blanket sets with the automatic misters that perfume your truck interior with your favorite scent. You can completely get into the pink fog attitude in private. I always have my male clothes in one side of the truck, and my womens clothes in the other side. Never been questioned by anyone from a dealership or if your a company driver, their shop if your company has a rider policy. They may just think that stuff is your wifes..(giggle at how little do they know). And yes, I love to drive enfemme when I can, usually at night more openly, but even in the day depending on traffic and my routes. Ive yet been asked in for an inspection while enfemme, and hope I wouldn't, but am prepared to quickly change if I get run around to the back. Might be another story if the officer just comes out to jump up on the running board...So all in all, you can do it very successfully in a truck if your in tune with your surroundings and yourself as well, some of us are more "in the closet" while some of us "just don't care". I always try to underdress as much as I can, as who cares, not many could see I don't think.(jeans cover most undies and a black tee with black bra doesn't show too much I think.)
    Now this was the kind of answer I was looking for. Yeah, I have no intention of trying to dress while docked somewhere. But at night, when I'm parked is when I'd like to be dressed. At least to a degree. I have to admit, I haven't thought about underdressing while actually driving. Thanks for all the answers everybody. I start school April 11th!
    Never meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste great dipped in chocolate and covered with sprinkles

I'm a RED member