Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Those feminine moments, what’s yours?

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Watching a romantic movie with my SO. A good romantic comedy can cause me to want to laugh, cry, and want to draw close to my SO regardless of my dressing. Sometimes the sappier the movie the better.

Quote Originally Posted by dawnmarrie1961 View Post
    You gotta be kidding me!!! I'm 6'1'' and weigh about 135 lbs. I bike 20 miles a day. If I'm not biking I'm walking fast everywhere. And I eat like a bird. I'm very comfortable with my figure.

I'm not trying for that unrealistic barbie doll look. Do you really think I look like I need to lose weight?
    Um..sorry...cuz oh sh#t NO you don't need to lose wt! I apologize Dawn Marrie...I dint mean to imply that sweetheart! I guess I misunderstood! God, you're fine!!! I was just going by what you said not how you look in your pics. I'm sorry...was just trying to be encouraging thinking you were complaining out-loud to yourself - you know, thought you were gettin down on yourself & wanted to lift your spirit is all - but instead I guess I put my foot in my mouth.

My (misplaced) 'advice' is based on my own personal experience wrt what I do when I need to lose a few lbs - like now & esp after a long dreary winter which of course isn't done with us yet. But really Dawn... you look great!!! And you're obviously very healthy being as active as you are! And just as obviously you do have a very pretty face! Not just cute...beautiful! Mean it! Only guessing but I imagine...you move with style n grace when you want to or have to but otherwise are... just another rockin babe... from the heartland of tha USA .

In all honesty...I guess I was maybe also trying to give my-Self a pep-talk cuz it's ME that needs to lose a few lbs. This pic is from xmas - and now it's mid-feb & so many Hostess cupcakes & Cadbury chocolate bars later...more than I wanna admit (but mmm...LOL). Anyways...maybe I'll take another pic of myself later today - post it tonight so you can see how it's not You but Me who needs to follow my own advice!!! Once again...I'm sorry... Have an excellent day... Cya...

Attachment 152022

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLeigh View Post
    Oh yeah, this is definately a feminie moment! AAAAAAGH! The dreaded question a woman asks a man....."Does this dress make my ass look big?"
    I'm gonna go hide in the closet now......and cry

Anna,
    It's ok. I kinda set myself up for that one. The post I made was meant to be "sarcastic". I guess I didn't make myself clear. Self examination can be hard. Now that I look I do have a few areas that could use a little firming up. I'm going to break out the yoga pad and start immediately.
    Thank you for being honest with me.
    Last edited by dawnmarrie1961; 02-17-2011 at 02:15 PM.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Firming up? Dawn Marie...I don't see it! Your bod's perfect, girl! But I'll do yoga with you anytime... or aerobics... or truth or dare... or strip poker or...um...I better stop now

Feminie moments are those special moments when you feel womanly, with a beautiful piece of clothing, a feminine mannersim, all that women can
    experience and have been denied to men. It's beautiful -- it's special -- and to die for... that's why we dress...
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

Looking down at myself and finding the legs at the end of the dress or skirt and the shoes at the bottom of the legs are mine.
    Leaving a lipstick smear on a glass and knowing I left it there. Seeing the results of eyebrow plucking and the feel of clean
    shaved legs against nylon or open air. All way to cool.
    Pink is more than a color: its an attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by Abbyru1 View Post
    Looking down at myself and finding the legs at the end of the dress or skirt and the shoes at the bottom of the legs are mine.
    Leaving a lipstick smear on a glass and knowing I left it there. Seeing the results of eyebrow plucking and the feel of clean
    shaved legs against nylon or open air. All way to cool.
    Ain't it the truth, let me add another thing waking up on a Saturday morning with my satin nightey and hairless body.
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

a bit nutty
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnmarrie1961 View Post
    I'm gonna go hide in the closet now......and cry

Anna,
    It's ok. I kinda set myself up for that one. The post I made was meant to be "sarcastic". I guess I didn't make myself clear. Self examination can be hard. Now that I look I do have a few areas that could use a little firming up. I'm going to break out the yoga pad and start immediately.
    Thank you for being honest with me.
    Uh yeah I think I got the sarcasm, I'm not that dense.The response was also supposed to be interpreted as silly sarcasm as well, not like some kind of attack. Like I could talk about weight! I've got a muffin top that'll make most cops with a coffee cup drool.

Ginger

Platinum Member
    When putting on a jacket and lifting my hair out of the collar
    and tucking my skirt when setting down.

Orchid

Banned Read only
    I feel the most feminine sitting in a chair facing a full length mirror wearing a white slip and panties as I roll stockings up my legs and hook them to my garter girdle. Then slip on my heels. "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof" comes to mind!

Putting on lipstick and slipping into high heels.

Well, I would have to say that absolutely nothing beats pulling on stockings after shaving your legs,except perhaps getting home after clothes shopping, but then there's that that swish when putting on a swishy skirt or dress, or adjusting a bra that fits so it's comfortable..........hhhmmmmm!!!

After taking the time to get really dressed up well, then looking in the mirror and realizing that there REALLY IS a girl inside of me!

Wearing my summer dress in the warm weather with a slip, thin bra and matching panties. Full make up, and out feeling the wind in my shaved legs.
    Its only when you put on that dress or that skirt that you feel like a real women