It seems only like yesterday I last posted... it was in fact almost three months ago - being away for Xmas/New Year with my parents. I think Mum knows now about the crossdressing, but I'm still in the closet about it.

So new year, new flat, and the need to renew my contents insurance policy. That was simple - $181.40 for $15k worth of cover for a year, including $1m liability insurance and $200 excess. Then when I told the sales agent that my student loan was at $12,000, we looked into life insurance. (Turns out I don't need it as student loans are written off in the event of the death of the borrower)

But here is the thing - females have the advantage in paying less premiums on life insurance! For me, the premium was going to be $92.98 per year for $50,000 cover. If I was female - for the same cover, It would have only cost $71.60!

So, here is the question - what advantages is there being female rather than male? Of course, if you crossdress, you aren't going to get cheaper life insurance premiums (maybe, but not with my insurer!)