Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People are reading me!!!

People are reading me!!!

Ok so a few days ago at work i was joking around with one of my co-workers when she told me "I will call you Alexis or Alexandra." she then says. its going to be your nick name. i didn't answer or said much. i didn't want attention so i just said; weird. same day later she said something sort of rude but she didn't really mean it. so i said. "hey don't talk like that to a man" and she laughed and said; "your not a man hahahahah" i went around the corner and spend the next 10 minutes high on life. i couldn't believe how she read me without even knowing anything about me. all in all we were just joking. but in every joke there is some truth. did anyone ever got read without any given clues?

I think we give clues without even noticing it.

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    Maybe she thinks your a gay guy. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Katesback View Post
    Maybe she thinks your a gay guy. LOL
    i don't think so. i hope not. i'm pretty sure gay guys don't like to be nick named female names so probably not.

Account is closed
    Quote Originally Posted by girlalex View Post
    i don't think so. i hope not. i'm pretty sure gay guys don't like to be nick named female names so probably not.
    Well maybe she thinks your a gay guy with a girl's name.

1) You've obviously havent spent enough time around a bunch of gay men.
    2) What's wrong with being gay?
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    I suspect you and I give off similar vibes. One of my business associates gave me the name "Marta" - and named me an honorary girl. It came pretty much out of the blue...I was just being myself but it showed. I would avoid overgeneralizing, but some people just read us...and all you and I can do is go with it.

Now Stephanie, that's just trolling, trying to get a rise out of the OP. Let's play nice now. You might have something there, but stating it as an assumption (1) and a passive attack likely to elicit a defensive response (2) is unlikely to bring out the warm fuzzies associated with introspective change. Or, I could be full of it. That's always possible too!

Hi there Girlalex. It sounds like maybe your coworker did read you pretty well. How cool is that, that she can see more of who you are and still have fun with you. Her comments also sound a little pointed, which makes me wonder if it presses some of her buttons and this "humor" is her way of expressing it. Still, I think I'd just have fun playing with it.

Wishing you all the best,

Rachel

It doesn't come out of the blue... you did something or she noticed something that made her think you are acting like a female. Then she is joking about it. No big deal unless you are uncomfortable with it and ask her to stop and she doesn't. Sometimes times you can just go with the joke...and the great part about it... when she asks for some help lifting something heavy you say...sorry girls don't so that...
    Chickie

Wearing your "I Heart Crossdressers" tee shirt again?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Try going to a gay bar and you will hear "Miss Thang" and " Mary" all night long.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by girlalex View Post
    did anyone ever got read without any given clues?
    I got read without knowingly having given off many clues at my staff Xmas party in 2009 when a GG colleague asked me why I was wearing a suit (mandatory for men at that party) when I would be more comfortable in a dress.

Still, some good came out of it, as that gave me the impetus to come out at work and the rest is history.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

My co-workers make a lot of gay jokes about me, generally harmless because I am not gay. Maybe they are picking up on something but the can't quitew identify it. I think its pretty funny for the most part.

I don't care if people "read' me. I'm like a Jeffery Deaver Novel. In the end there's always a clever twist!
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

the happy camper
    When I was in 11th grade, our American Lit class did a gift exchange. The teacher said they should be gag gifts. The girl who got my name gave me a set of toy jewelry. I was not elated.

(And not because I wanted the real thing. I was mortified that someone might have seen through my attempt to pass myself off as a normal guy.)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Anne View Post

1) You've obviously havent spent enough time around a bunch of gay men.
    You nailed #1. I haven't spent any time with any one who's gay, not that i know of. infact i was only at a gay bar once. i was wondering if i was gay and pretty convinced i was so i decided to go to a gay bar and see if that was really what i was in to. at first a met this guy who bought me a drink. we talked for about an hour and by then i was kinda tipsy. when he got more comfterble he started touching my butt and it did nothing to me i didn't get arosed or anything at all. plus i didn't like the overall vibe. i felt like i didn't belong there.

and for #2 first of all i don't think i'm gay. i'm probably bi. i'm really not sure. i'm not comfterble with that word.

I had something similar at the gym earlier this year. I was taking part in a 4 hour Spinathon for charity and I'd had a minor (good natured) dispute with one of the other participants (all of whom were female apart from me and one other guy) about a fan. The instructur had got someone from the gym to get some more fans and he had dumped them in the studio without plugging them in. Anyway, my friend from the earlier dispute said, quite loudly "Sorting out the fans is a man's job. You do it Tarquin*., you used to be a man!"

Time was when that would have made me feel embarassed, or ashamed even, and I might have replied with something like "Yes, but didn't you?", but I just laughed and said I had been until I came into the studio full of women with all the oestrogen in the air and got on with my Spinning. We're still friends

It's interesting how your mind has to go through some major sea changes to go against the conditioning we've had, being raised as male, when you acknowledge and accept your transgenderism

Anyway, it sounds like your workmate will be quite accepting and tolerant, though might tease you a bit

*Not my real name

Quote Originally Posted by Gocaps14 View Post
    My co-workers make a lot of gay jokes about me, generally harmless because I am not gay. Maybe they are picking up on something but the can't quitew identify it. I think its pretty funny for the most part.
    That can get people fired these days. Even if you don't mind it, someone might overhear it.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Silver Member
    I think we need more info. What jobs do you do? What kind of business? If there is a femme theme here it will make more sense. Women are very intuitive and really notice mannerisms and speech patterns. Are you clothes really masculine? Do you have a light beard? Are you slight in build?
    I remember being mortified in highschool when a teacher had every one look at their fingernails and then pointed out all the guys who did it as "A girl would" and it was me and one other boy. Wow did we get hassled by the other guys. It did turn out sort of cool when some of the girls showed support. This was when I was really not thinking I would crossdress later in life. Now a days, a teacher couldn't even approach this subject and stereotype males and females like that.

I think the real question is, How are you going to proceed? Sounds like at least some in your work place have acknowledge your desired gender identity, do you wish for all to see the same?

Transwoman
    Before I transitioned, when I was still at school, a group of girls once joked that they will take me out to shop for girls clothes and give me a makeover. I guess it's the clues thing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Doolittle View Post
    I think the real question is, How are you going to proceed? Sounds like at least some in your work place have acknowledge your desired gender identity, do you wish for all to see the same?
    I prefer that people don't know. just my personal prefrance. I don't care if someone outside of my work finds out about me. as long as its not in the workplace im fine with it.

Clues are there for people who pay attention. Things like shaped eyebrows, hosting American Idol...
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I go through some ribbing in that I have dressed up at work for Halloween a couple of times. When they do, I just go along with it and am flippant back. For the Valentines day party they asked what I was going to wear and I jut said that I haven't decided yet and that maybe I'd support the minorty (a lot more males than females here at work). Then let em guess

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Anne View Post

There is not a darned thing wrong with it. But if your not gay, your not gay. And being considered so could cause some confusion and or hard feelings. Or am I wrong?

When i was at school at around the age of 10 a group of girls started saying i should shop for girls clothes. I remember thinking 'i wish'