Thread: some advice on shopping

some advice on shopping

ladies i'm sure we've all come apon this, at some stage. but for me it's horrifying !!!!!!
    WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO BUY SHOES WITHOUT LOOKING LIKE A TOTAL IDIOT ?????
    here in newcastle we've only got a few decent shops you can by high heels from, so i don't want them to get to know me to well lol, and i've used the excuse it's for my g.f or it's a present what guide lines do you suggest?

I tend to use ebay alot, good choice usually.

Go in, browse, pick up what you like, feel the material, ask the sales rep if they have it in size **. Get them, look at them buy them. Nothing to it.

Now, if you don't know your size, it becomes a bit more tricky, but you really should try them on first. In this case, pick a time when the store is fairly empty, tell them you are planning on dressing for a Halloween party. I guarantee you'll get good help.
    DonnaT

well donna, that sounds right to me. will that work the same for both feet?
    [SIZE=2]HIGH HEELS AND SHORT SKIRTS[/SIZE] : :shh:

GypsyKaren
    If you go when the store first opens you'll have the place all to yourself. Also, try to find a place like Payless or Famous Footwear that's all self service.

GypsyKaren

Wink act like you belong

after all you do. i find women easier to deal with than men (personal preference)
    and i know what i want prior to going in.... i.e. shoes , skirt and so on

[SIZE=2]HIGH HEELS AND SHORT SKIRTS[/SIZE] : :shh:

Or why not do what i do , take a pair of pop socks with you and try the shoes on in store, really there's nothing to it, after you do it once you really are flying without wings!

Steph
    [size=3]Le Bleu Angel[/size]

Buying mail order is really easy these days on the net, but you obviously only find out if they fit when you have them. But if you don't damage them and send a polite email they will often exchange them for another size if you pay for postage. You can just say you got your size wrong, or they were a present for a girlfriend and you got it wrong etc.

buying shoes

Hi last Saturday while wearing a bra and panties I went shopping for myself at the Ontario,Ca outlet mall and bought myself two pairs of shoes, ! pair high heels and the other pair flats and went into the shoe stores and tried on the shoes. At a couple of stores I got some strange looks, but as i feel Who Cares!
    MissLauraB

The best way is to just go in the shoe shop dressed fully enfemme. There's no question who you are buying for or why in that case.

However, if you are not quite ready for shopping enfemme, there is another way that will get you what you want and not make you appear too out of the ordinary. Tell the sales assistant that you are going to some fancy dress party dressed as a woman and need some shoes for that. You can even embelish the story line to say there is some prize involved and that you want to be as realistic and fashionable as possible. That way, you can try the selections on to your hearts content in the store, and the people there will be none the wiser. Unless, of course, you keep coming back because you are going to a fancy dress party every week....
    Phoebe

Hon;
    I agree with Veronica, find a store with women sales associates and just go in early and buy direct. Especially a store where the saleswomen work on commission, they don't care who buys just as long as they get the sale. $$$
    My 2 cents!! hhahaaha Sorry
    Hggss
    Carey

Just browsing last monday and dont know y but a shoe shop in the local mall called priceless shoes Now most shops stop at size 8 so I dont evern look any more but I went in just wasting time realy and found that some of there range went up to a 9 well sometimes depending on the fit or style and can get into a 9 but not all mostly i'm a size 10 uk. but that means trying them on woops now I wearing tights and my toe nails a bright red now I have this delemer I want them shoes...

but then I walked out of the shop got down into the main road then something in my head stoped me dead you are a girl ok you look like a man but only a look so dont be stupid if you want the shoes go back and get them,,,
    well back at the shop and stood outside and froze a few second before walking in again well I picked up the one I liked and went to the young girl assistent and asked for my size so of she went and returned with a pr size 9 well there were only a few people in the shop so found a place at the back of the shop to try them on and no problem thay fitted well so I payed and thanked the girl then left thinking I'll be back.....
    [SIZE=5] [SIZE=6]Christina Jonien [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]...
    [SIZE=5]......................Tiamo[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]...........[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    i just go see find them and buy them...but if your like shy that someone might know then go in to a store and tell the sales girl your girfreind has a shoe thingy and you would just love to make her happy , the only thing the sales girl will be thinking is somewere there is a lucky girl and she would be right.........

ladies you are F****** awesome, every single one of you, thanks for the tips, i will take them ALL onboard, and try them out... i'll tell ya how it goes

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    If you buy online, Zappos is nice because they usually have customer reviews as well as polling people about whether the shoe runs to size or not.

As someone else said, if you're not sure about the sizes, just order more than one size and return what doesn't fit. GGs do it all the time. Yes, you're paying for the return, but you can look at it as a "privacy mark-up."
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

just though i'd put this part in, that pic next to my name, are my dream shoes i want them OHHHHHHHH SOOOOOOOO BADLY !!!!!!