Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'You Want to Be a Girl, Don't You?'

'You Want to Be a Girl, Don't You?'

Hi All,

Friday night I'm checking out this site and my wife walks into the room and declares it's 'That time or the month'. She then starts to tell me the details, to which I hold up my hand and say, 'Please, no details!'
    'Well now, you dress, wear makeup and such, you can't have all of the good without the bad, after all, you want to be a girl, don't you?'
    I must've looked like a deer in headlights! She knows I have no desire to go that far and I know she would'nt want me to. She then tells me that at times she wished I were so she would have my complete sympathy.
    Has something like this ever happened to you? I'm sure we've all thought about being a real girl, but not really have we thought about that aspect. It did elicit an interesting chat between us, just thought I'd share.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    discussing 'that time' is something a lot of women do, it is a bit of bonding, in a different sort of way, I worked as a computer consultant, and found that that topic is one women share with one another on a regualr basis. So in for a penny , in for a pound, it won't hurt to at least listen. I think your wife was actualy opening up to you.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

And just wait till you both have to go through menapause together. Thats a real blast!

Michelle

I, myself would be happy to take the bad with the good! But I realize not everyone would for personal reasons! Sounds like your wife is excepting and has a sense of humor which is great!

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Share, honey!! Let her dish. You think you're squeamish? Look at it from her perspective. She obviously wants to get closer to you, let her.

Kathi

LOL! My wife does that to me all the time. I tell her, "No, you misunderstood. I don't want to be a girl, just girly." as I plug my ears and hum Yankee Doodle.

Scheryln,
    Yes. I've been there. My wife was very accepting, or so I thought, to begin with. It wasn't until I started HRT. without discussing it with her first, that everything seemed to blow up in my face. As my body, over time, changed and I started to get mood swings the gap between us got bigger and bigger. When I finally told her about the hormones she said "AH HA! That explains why you've been such a bitch!" She felt a little empathy for me but felt betrayed that I didn't talk to her first. "It serves you right! Now you know how I feel sometimes. Doesn't feel good. Does it?" She was right.
    Then she asked "So now you've decided to go all the way without even letting me be a part of the decision? Without even caring how I might feel about being married to a woman?" She was understandably mad. Who wouldn't be?
    At that time I was too confused. I was afraid she would have said "No."
    I didn't give her the opportunity so that gave her only one choice, for now, keep on accepting because she still loved me. I made a few more mistakes which I'm not going to go into. But I think it was when our new neighbor moved in and came over to introduce herself that I started to realize that maybe I was going too far. She said "It's really nice to have a lesbian couple next door." And my wife looked horrified. Our relationship never was the same after that. Suddenly we were just to people that lived together. Sure we were still best friends that enjoyed each others company but the intimacy that a husband and wife share was gone. We tried to rekindle it but we had become so similar that it didn't "feel right".
    It all ended with these fateful words "When I look into your eyes I don't see You anymore." It was then that I knew my marriage was over.
    The eyes are the windows to the soul. We had always considered each other to be soul mates. She told me later on the phone what she saw.

nuff said.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My late wife knew from the very beginning of our marriage that I was a CD. She also knew that I had no intention of ever becoming a woman!! So she never talked to me about those very womanly things, thank heavens! We talked about a lot of other things, but not that.

However, I loved her (and still do) so if she had wnated to talk about them I would have. Talking won't kill you, at least not usually!! And it just might bring you closer together!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

For myself someone that did transition I would have taking the good with the bad. I have told others there was no check list of life on being a women. But as I said I would take it all to just feel right within myself.

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    Hows that song go...I want to talk about me, I want to talk about I, I want to talk about number one etc, etc.....
    In a few years talking about her menstral cycle will seem like nothing.....says Wendy Marie who has been married for 26 years in March.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    She's right. Listen to your wife.

Why is this important? Your wife grew up as a girl. This is a foreign concept to those of us who grew up as boys, especially if there were no sisters in the house! There cannot be too much information that she could share with you. Soak it up like a sponge, use what seems to work for you, but remember it all.

Lastly, this is girl/girl bonding, and your wife is letting you in! Most of this forum is already jealous of you! And, if you are blessed with being married long enough, talking about her cycle is the least of what might befall you!

This is our 38th year, and do we have stories for you!!!!

tina

Silver Member
    I agree.

Listen, don't shut her out. This is a good thing.

all agree as do I, listen, don't be so defensive, respect the hormones too!
    xoxoxo
    Cathie Pantyhose

Any day is a good day in pantyhose
    cathie1drag@yahoo.com

the happy camper
    After 23 years of marriage, there's not too much either of us can say about our bodily functions that would shock the other.

I have to say, though, that the monthly package is one of the top five reasons I'm glad I was born a man.

It's already been said...but they're all right! Listen to your wife. She's relating to you on a very personal and female level. Enjoy the connection you and your wife have!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    With no SO urging me I wondered what being female mite REALLY feel like! Periods? Lite weight stuff,I thot!

I went straight to trying out what being 6+ months PG felt like! Kind of unique for awhile. But, after a full day I'd had enuff!
    No idea how females can stand 4 to 6 months of THAT! But, I can certainly sympathize!
    I don't think I can EVER really understand what it would feel like to BE a female!
    I wonder if it's the same for THEM?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by suchacutie View Post
    She's right. Listen to your wife.

Lastly, this is girl/girl bonding, and your wife is letting you in! Most of this forum is already jealous of you! And, if you are blessed with being married long enough, talking about her cycle is the least of what might befall you!

tina
    I think Tina and most of the others here said it very well. The most important part in what she wrote is "Listen." Men almost always want to jump in and "solve problems," it's what they do. Women, on the other hand, listen to each other and offer emotional support, not advice.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

We try to circumvent it by enjoying just the "glitter" part of being a woman but it's really not the same. Having empathy and showing understanding goes a long way though.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My wife vents to me about this on a regular basis. She also is quite top heavy, and her back hurts on occasion from having to carry the load. She has wished, on more than one occasion, that I could just once experience the discomfort of both issues. I do sympathize with her fully, and it does make her feel better
    especially after a nice back rub!
    Last edited by erickka; 02-21-2011 at 06:26 AM.

Well, I don't really want to BE a girl, but I absolutely love feeling girly and looking as much like one as possible. But yes, i've often wished I could know what it feels like to have female "equipment", if I could have it for just a couple days and then go back to being male. I would imagine I'm not alone in that vein of thought.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

I think it would be nice to know what GGs talk about and be able to join in on the conversations. I can talk about bras, panties, support ware, pantyhose, skirts, dresses, tops and a little about makeup but I am sure there are other thinks to talk about. Maybe pretend I have had the same experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    With no SO urging me I wondered what being female mite REALLY feel like! Periods? Lite weight stuff,I thot!

I went straight to trying out what being 6+ months PG felt like! Kind of unique for awhile. But, after a full day I'd had enuff!
    No idea how females can stand 4 to 6 months of THAT! But, I can certainly sympathize!
    I don't think I can EVER really understand what it would feel like to BE a female!
    I wonder if it's the same for THEM?
    Did you make yourself throw up three times a day?

I get accused of looking like a girl and wanting to be a girl all the time but I really don't... Want to be one. I'm such a wuss when it comes to pain.... Monthly plus child birth!! No frigging way your pulling something like that out of any of my orifices!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I don't want to be a girl,I don't even try to emmulate women in the way I dress,this is the look I like.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

Sherlynmke,
    I agree with many of the posters. Listen to your wife, and be empathetic (or at least try). We have been married for 35 years. My wife and I have always been very open about everything like this, and I have heard all the ins and outs of every bodily function. Don't be squeamish. It gives her someone to talk to about it, and I think brings us closer. In addition it gives you a perspective on what a REAL woman's life is like. I don't envy it a bit.

Jaydee