Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Facebook?

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDYJ View Post
    I have been wanting to do a Facebook profile for Brandy, but in reading the rules, Facebook says it is against the rules to have more then one profile. When I tried to set up a new account for Brandy, after signing out of my male profile, it wanted to link the two together. I was afraid to go forward and stoped trying.

So tell me how you can get two profiles wiht no connection to each other.
    OK, I did it! I now have a Facebook account for Brandy and not connected to my male profile

Quote Originally Posted by AliceJaneInNewcastle View Post
    One way is to click on the FB links on some of the forum posts here. So far in this thread Debs, Beth, Karren and I have FB links in our posts...

Oh, and Reine, FB make changes from time to time and almost always default any changes to permissive settings that need to be tightened...
    Alice... Its like 3 AM tomorrow in Ozz... Shouldn't you be asleep? Lol. FB seems to make changes daily.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AliceJaneInNewcastle View Post
    -----------------------By the way, there are most certainly nudity restrictions on Facebook. They include, for example, no genitals or female nipples. If someone complains about a photo (reports it), it will be checked by a facebook employee and, if inappropriate, deleted and the uploader warned. If nobody complains, the photos will remain even if they are against the rules.
    Interesting, Alice! I read their photo rules before posting Sherry's completely naked pics there! Couldn't find ANYTHING restricting nudity! Maybe my pics r allowed just because no one's complained? I try to keep them tasteful! So, maybe it's because everyone LIKES THEM!? Lol!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by OccasionalSkirt View Post
    I'm really leaning towards getting a Jen a facebook account, BUT I am absolutely petrified of the consequences. I keep Jen's life and my life rather separate.

Question is: does anyone else have to keep there feminine selves separate, and how do they do it with a Facebook account?
    It's funny, my SO and I were just discussing this last night. When I get home from work I'm making a Monica page. I do plan to keep the two pages separate and be very careful with what friends go in it.
    PRIDE

GO REDWINGS
    I'm a geek and proud of that too
    Stay femme my friend

Find me at Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002088230763
    URnotalone: http://profiles.urnotalone.com/144465

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Facebook security

I set up a FB account for Sarah and found my system wanted me to add Dave's friends and relatives, so I deactivated the account and started over. This time I loaded Safari (Google Chrome would do as well) and used that as my internet software for all of my CD communications, Facebook, email, internet purchases, etc. There has been no bleed-over and if anyone ever uses my computer they will normally default to the Internet Explorer. No browse history or links that they will find on that side of the system.

So far so good.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I have a page for Cristi, but no friends yet. Please feel free to friend me!
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000537892000
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

I started Jessica's FB account last year. I do have a few friends that overlap. That does require me to pay attention to which account I'm signed into! My wife and I are not 'freinds' though because that does get a little too close to the extended family, which we're not quite ready to, or sure how to handle. I have a small group of friends, which I have come to enjoy quite a lot. I'm pretty particular about who I 'friend' as I don't want some weirdo pshyco posting inappropriate comments on my page. Had it happen once, and they met the 'unfriend' button! Just listen to Meatloaf, "I Won't do That!" Anyway, It is a good place to meet some others, and keeping them seperate is very doable. Just check, and recheck your privacy settings, as I think was mentioned earlier, they do reset sometimes.
    Oh...most importantly, if Jen does get a facebook account...your more than welcome to come find me!

http://www.facebook.com/people/Jessi...00000661700435

I also have two accounts. all of Stacye's fb friends know both sides of me and I don't accept a friend request from anyone who doesn't. It's a great way to communicate with everyone who knows about Stacye, and it gives me the freedom to talk about things that I wouldn't want "his" friends to know.

CAUTION: Check your privacy settings on both accounts frequently, fb doesn't always keep your privacy in mind when they make changes
    One of the ways i protect myself is that he is not on my friends list and I am not on his. It's far from any kind of security, but it does create a buffer.
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

I'm on facebook as kristine239. You can friend me as several of you have already done. If I can ever find out how to add this ton y contact here, I will.

i'm actually setting up a ronnie facebook as i read this.. i am so multi talented the biggest and wisest way to keep them totally seperate is two different email addresses and like some others have said check and recheck the privacy settings. with two different emails, there is no way someone with your "guy" or in my case my "girl" email to find me doing an email search.
    Ah well, will have fun anyways.

https://www.facebook.com/ronnie.wagner64 feel free to add me!

I have two as well.. one for birth name and one for the girl me. I have friended my self connecting the two and on my girl profile did friend several people I know whom are friended on the other profile whom know about me being me and I have not run into any problems.

If anyone wants to add me, http://www.facebook.com/lita.kelley

Quote Originally Posted by kristine239 View Post
    I'm on facebook as kristine239. You can friend me as several of you have already done. If I can ever find out how to add this ton y contact here, I will.
    Hi Kristine, I can't find kristine239.

I'm on facebook as well just look up my name. Most people will never figure out thats me anyways so having 2 profiles is good.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

Fortunately I am out to everyone. I have an account in Bob mode, but I have added pictures of Camilla.

i have two accounts and they are not connected.
    i also have two users defined in all my computers so I only enter on my account and my twin brother his own.

ok have my facebook set up : https://www.facebook.com/ronnie.wagner64 hope that's the right link. i have it set to real private so please if you ask me to be a friend let me know you are from CD's
    Ah well, will have fun anyways.

https://www.facebook.com/ronnie.wagner64 feel free to add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    I set up a FB account for Sarah and found my system wanted me to add Dave's friends and relatives, so I deactivated the account and started over. This time I loaded Safari (Google Chrome would do as well) and used that as my internet software for all of my CD communications, Facebook, email, internet purchases, etc. There has been no bleed-over and if anyone ever uses my computer they will normally default to the Internet Explorer. No browse history or links that they will find on that side of the system.

So far so good.
    I like this idea! I've always feared I'll lend my computer to someone and that they'll find my bookmarks...I think I'll get Google Chrome and try it out. If it works well, Jen is entering the scary world of Facebook

Nope, not me. I was never one to follow the crowd anyway

I have a male fb on explorer and my female on Google chrome, seems to help me from getting confused.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000686899395

I also have two FB pages...one guy & one girl page.

I, uh....slipped one of my girl photos into my guy fb page, and got lots of compliments, nothing negative and no friends dropped. The conversations actually enhanced the bonding with some old friends. This was something I felt I had to do, mainly for personal reasons, that being that I really don't want to live life completely in the closet, nor do I want to keep such a thing secret, then have it blow up on me later on. I posted the pic with the full intention of accepting the consequences good or bad. My friends saw me dressed as a woman......well what more can they expect of me? They are now well aware of this side of me, and I'm not living a lie.

The main reasons I keep the pages separate is me trying to be discreet.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 02-21-2011 at 10:37 PM.

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Interesting, Alice! I read their photo rules before posting Sherry's completely naked pics there! Couldn't find ANYTHING restricting nudity! Maybe my pics r allowed just because no one's complained? I try to keep them tasteful! So, maybe it's because everyone LIKES THEM!? Lol!
    https://www.facebook.com/terms.php?ref=pf

Section 3, and clause 7 in particular.

Even breast feeding photos, where the nipple has been completely obscured by the baby's head, have been deleted due to complaints from religious types!

If you restrict access to the photos so that nobody who would complain gets to see them, you'll never have a problem.

As Monica said, use different Browsers,
    however I suggest NEVER using Internet Explorer, too many holes.

Instead use Mozilla Firefox, Opera, or SeaMonkey
    SeaMonkey Browser
    Get Opera & Firefox Here

Get a good free firewall here, Kerio Tiny Personal Firewall
    Last Freeware Version

And last and most importantly, a IP Adress privatizer
    Free->> Hide AND change your IP address
    Tor, Anonymity Online

For $30 Hide My IP Address

Don't know if any of the last 3 are better than the other, but anything beats this->>

"You are currently using IP address (71.94.312.412) and proxy server 38"

I use Opera 9.25 as it works better with my dial-up
    for my enfemme links

I use Firefox for my business needs
    Just started using SeaMonkey, review pending

Kerio Tiny Personal firewall is great, check for operating system requirements first, don't know if it works with Windows 7 or Vista
    Last edited by Yolanda_Voils; 02-22-2011 at 12:40 AM. Reason: add link

I have a FaceBook account for Wendy. It's easy to keep it seperate. I have friends form this forum. Find me, be my friend.

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by OccasionalSkirt View Post
    I like this idea! I've always feared I'll lend my computer to someone and that they'll find my bookmarks...I think I'll get Google Chrome and try it out. If it works well, Jen is entering the scary world of Facebook
    A note about that: Be sure not to open up your regular account with the same browser. My mom appeared as a friend suggestion on Sophie's account. The only possible connection was that I had used the same browser for both accounts.

I don't know if Sophie has appeared as a friend suggestion for my mom. Maybe it doesn't work that way. Got my fingers crossed.

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    This is a time when I find using Linux very handy. I have separate accounts for my personas. I log into the computer using one account and run firefox directly there, and use ssh (secure shell) to log into the other (ssh -Y alice@localhost), then start a separate copy of firefox from the command line. That way, I can have 2 separate copies of firefox running on different desktops at all times.

Also, if you want to create a new email address that has no connection to an existing one, create it on live.com. It's the only site I've ever found that will allow the creation of a new email account without having to supply another email address to enable it. Once you have created an account there, you can use it as the "other" email address to create an account on google, yahoo, etc.