Thread: "Excuse me ma'am, you you have a light?"

"Excuse me ma'am, you you have a light?"

I was sitting on a bench outside my hotel this morning, contentedly smoking a cigarette before I head off to a Supervisors meeting incognito in a skirt and blazer when a guy came up to me and asked, "Excuse me ma'am, do you have a light?" "I do," I replied in my best female voice as a fished a lighter out of my purse. One of those little moments of validation that make it all worthwhile

Yes. Yes it does. It is the simple self-expressions and non-judgement from others that we all want.

It almost makes you want to start smoking again, says she who has given up for 32 years !! LOL
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

How sweet! Don't we love it when that happens!

Have to love the validation. I love it even when in drab. Had a waitress once come up to SO and I..."okay ladies what can I start you off to drink" then got a look at my face with 2 days of stubble and said "sorry"...came back to the table later and did it again, "can I get you ladies anything else?" I guess she saw through me.

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller

Oh what a wonderful experience. I hope i will have that kind of experience too one day.

Thanks girls, I only smoke when I dress, complimentary addictions? Here's the prim little career girl outfit that pulled it off...I suppose I look a little bookish in my girl glasses, call me Lois Lane
    Attached Images Attached Images

Windy, you do look like a woman from what I can tell from your pictures. I don't think you should be looking for 'validation' anymore. Just MHO.

Very cool! What a great way to start the day!

Your legs and your cute blouse betray your femininity, but I do think that your glasses and hairstyle may be, like you wrote, a bit bookish. All together you look a bit like those women in the commercials who let down their hair, whip off their glasses and turn into sultry, sexy beauties.

I was in a funk yesterday and just tossed on some guy clothes and headed out the door. It certainly didn't help my mood to get called "Sir" twice even though I deserved it. But then I was in line at a grocery store when a checkout clerk opened a new register, motioned to me and said, "I can help you over here, Ma'm!" The pink fog rolled in so quick I think it practically knocked him over!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    If that happened to me,Once I replied in my normal voice,I bet I would cure the guy of his addiction right there LOL
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by t-girlxsophie View Post
    If that happened to me,Once I replied in my normal voice,I bet I would cure the guy of his addiction right there LOL
    Priceless! That would be a great anti-smoking commercial: guy walks up to a pretty girl, asks her for a light, she turns around and EEEEEEK!

Quote Originally Posted by windycissy View Post
    Priceless! That would be a great anti-smoking commercial: guy walks up to a pretty girl, asks her for a light, she turns around and EEEEEEK!
    Okay, Now that's funny!

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    It makes you feel great when that happens.