Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ahh...Nightgowns to bed!

Nightgowns seem to be something my wife is OK with, as long as they are not too feminine. So, just cotton here. I want to try some of the cute pj's with cropped bottoms and a scoop neck top, but don't want to start the precedent of not wearing a night gown.

Quote Originally Posted by Billie Jean View Post
    I wear nightgowns to bed every night. I love the comfort of them with my granny panties. Billie Jean
    Ditto here Love how my Vanity Fair full cut briefs feel under a silky nightie. In fact, that's what I'm wearing now, with a pink robe and fuzzy slippers. Life is goooooddd
    Lucky to be a girl 95.33% of the time

Vanity Fair usually has some really nice ones in many colors. They carry the night gowns AND the same material (excellent tricot) robe that goes with them. I usually wear these and the wife wears her 'Creame de la creame' Shadowline! They're under new ownership/management and have the best and softest nightgowns and robes I've ever seen. Try their website to order.

I also was introduced by my lovely wife to the softness of full length VF slips for wear as a night gown. Her suggestion ("Try it on, Honey, I know you like the fabric and it is so soft on the skin. I'll buy you one in your size if you'd like").

She also bought the deep purple and the jet black nightgowns and robes I wear. I bought the hot pink one myself.

Panties are usually Hanes microfiber briefs. Unfortunately, they don't make them anymore and have a different style altogether. She bought me my first pairs as well, unbidden, because she knew I had groin pain from an old injury. The briefs were soft and gave me the support I need. Besides, she said I looked 'cute' in them. WHAT a GAL!
    Last edited by CaitlynRenee; 02-25-2011 at 10:34 AM.

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    i wear silk and lace trim panties under mine.......very beautiful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

When we got married, my wife had feminine nightgowns. Even the cotton ones were full of flowers and lace. I wore them almost every night. It was a lot easier without the kids around.
    Now she's more into comfort than feminine look so it's all plain cotton, long t-shirt style ones. I don't like them

I have my own two short satin nighties. But I always wanted a chiffon double layer peignoir. My wife bought a long chiffon nightgown with a matching robe for our wedding night. We abused it a lot over the years (and I'm not afraid to say that I wore it more than her D ) and it was getting in bad shape. The nightgown ended in the trash, she decided that it wasn't usable anymore, and I sadly agreed that it was falling apart. When we moved last time, she was about to throw away the robe and I convinced her to keep it for a "last goodbye" (meaning that we'd use it one night and don't care much if it gets thorn in pieces). But I had a secret plan for it. I took scissors and needle and pimped it up. Kind of...
    One of the things I didn't like about it is that it was too long, almost floor length. It looks great but it gets on the way all the time. Same with the sleeves. The top was satin with short satin sleeves and something like a chiffon flower. I took it all away and now it's a sleeveless tank top, above the knee length. A little longer than I was planning but it had horizontal satin stripes and I seize one to hide the cut. Because it was a robe, open in the front, I stitched it. Not all the way, just 4 points. And to hide the stitches, I made satin little bow ties and stitched them over. Overall, not a bad job but I don't think it's going to last. And the leftover wasn't enough to complete a second layer (that would have been very difficult for me to sew anyway...). I made a couple matching panties with the leftovers. One is a mess so I discarded it. I tried a thong with the chiffon from one sleeve. It ended up like a genital pouch, and a very sloppy one. The other is not that bad but still not very good either. It's more like a bikini tied on the sides, I didn't want to get into the trouble of sewing an elastic band, and I did it just cutting the a front and a back and sewing 15cm along the base. Quick and dirty.

It's stored waiting for the next night of passion D . Just to show to what extent I like chiffon peignoirs that I'm willing to sew it myself.

I'll bet all of us love luxurious gorgeous nighties. I rarely get to wear one to bed, because my wife is rarely away from home overnight, especially without me. So since I get to wear them to be only rarely, I tend to not sleep real well while wearing one.

Sigh. I'd love to have the chance to get more used to it.

[SIZE=1](This is NOT a crack on my wife, or any kind of wish to be rid of her in any way!)[/SIZE]

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I also wear a nightie to bed... in powder blue, with pearls and lace at the top... very feminine... and my wife bought it for me! I also have a red gown.... all worn at night, every night...
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BridalBoy View Post
    I have gone through a few of them! A few times, at night, I have woken up with a broken strap :-( I think its because when I turn over, they get tangled up, stretch and break :-(
    But it is still wonderfull! And, tonight, she's out for a while, so I get to play in my wedding gown :-) (still out of the question, for now)
    Noo, its cos they are mass produced and poorly stitched, as someone else as said, learn to sew, cos once repaired I have never had a strap break again. On a more sombre note, you seem to have a very understanding wife, but seem to want to push the bounderies ever further, I advise a little caution, I can wear a nightie every night now, because of such actions, think !!!, slowly slowly catchee monkey

Silver Member

I know of something you might try

I am happy for you that your wife embraces your femininity. Far too many people on this forum are not so fortunate. I, too wear only nightgowns to bed. In fact, my wife and I wear the identical model and I LOVE everything that represents. After much trial and error in buying from eBay, I found my perfect nightie - Silk Essence by Miss Elaine. There are no spaghetti straps and the Antron fabric has a fair bit of stretch so that it moves with you as you sleep. Whenever I wore something satin, the fabric tended to get pulled tight here or there, waking me up more often. My Miss Elaine lets me sleep in total comfort. (There are also plenty of on line retailers)

When the weather is warmer, I always sleep in a chemise... either nylon or cotton... and I sometimes sleep in a T-shirt dress... and I even made love to my GF in a T-shirt dress... she said "Cute"... now the weather is so cold I wear PJ's with panties and a cami underneath...

I wear a satin or lacy nightgown every night and my wife is OK with it. I too have problems with twisting and turning, and have damaged some of my sexiest nighties by pulling on the flimsy straps.

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    I'll bet all of us love luxurious gorgeous nighties.
    Yes, I think so, too. They were the first thing I wore ... and are still the things I like most. Its often too tempting to spend all day lounging around in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Billie Jean View Post
    I wear nightgowns to bed every night. I love the comfort of them with my granny panties. Billie Jean
    Amen to that honey!! Most of my nightgowns are cotton with shoulders, but several with full length sleeves for the cold winter nights. I do have a few that are satin with the staps, and they feel great, but I'm a 'cotton nighty and granny panty' girl most nights as well.

Clearance racks at sores like Penny's, Sears, Macy's, KMart, and even WalMart, are great places to find wonderful deals on cute nightgowns!!
    [SIZE="3"]The Universe Is Love, Enjoy Your Time In It!!![/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I use to sleep in long nightgowns and then I discovered the benefits of sleepshirts and regular pj's. Now I sleep one of those and just take the pants off and sleep. The feel of cotton can't be beat.
    Michelle

Nighties are so comfortable for me to wear at bed time. I am a little bit picky and have not been able to find a nice, comfortable long gown though. I really want one. My wife bought me one for Christmas but it just didn't feel good. So still on the hunt for a sexy, comfortable, satin night gown. We have small children that run into our bedroom in the middle of the night so that is a situation we are trying to avoid but is bound to occur. "Daddy, why are you wearing Mommy's clothes?" lol

Well at a very young age you could get away with "We're playing dress up".

Aspiring Member
    I've seen a few ads for bedding, pills, and other sleeep aids and the models have had lucsoius night were and my mouth literally waters. Oh well just another need.

I love wearing silky nightgowns to bed whenever I can. I always wear satin panties and a bra with forms as well.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    When I have nights off work,and am dressed I usually sleep in silky,strappy nighties,or on odd ocasion femme PJs its nice being girlie from day,through night and into the next day,My Wife and I even have matching nightwear
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by stephiemont View Post
    The trouble is all the really nice nighties are difficult to find. The age of beautiful night lingerie seems to have passed and what's left is a little plain - I loved those double layered nighties and negligee's. I bought four satin and lace nighties, full length some time ago and wear one each night.
    Stephie M.
    [SIZE="4"]Does anyone remember Tosca gowns & robes? Now that was real lingerie! Yes, I still have one and save it for special occasions.

Lacy PJs[/SIZE]

I have a drawer full of satin nighties, some with matching satin bloomers. In winter I wear satin PJs & I have a fabulous full length,long sleeve pink satin with lace trim nightie & matching shorts. Very old fashioned but wonderful in winter from Glamourworld in Sydney. My wife's very happy for me to wear nighties & I wouldn't wear anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Lacy PJs View Post
    [SIZE="4"]Does anyone remember Tosca gowns & robes? Now that was real lingerie! Yes, I still have one and save it for special occasions.
    [/SIZE]
    I'd never heard of the Tosca brand, but google found a bunch. Those gowns are lovely! Thanks!

To all the ladies having trouble with breaking spaghetti straps: make sure the fit is right. Too small and the straps are stressed; too big and your gown twists around as you sleep, leading to a broken strap. If the fit is right and the gown is high quality, the straps will usually be OK for many nights of luxurious sleeping.

That being said, I don't find spaghetti-strap gowns to be the most comfortable for sleeping (bedroom play is another matter ). For sleep, I'll usually wear a gown with wider straps (like on shadowline or olga gowns), a sleepshirt, or PJs. Usually I prefer satin, but sometimes cotton is comfy.

Nice thing about shopping is the endless variety to choose from...keep shopping, you'll find the right ones.

There is nothing like wearing a satin night gown, satin bra, and satin panties to bed made up with satin sheets and pillow case, don't forget a nice string of pearls and the satin two inch mules to step into when sliding out of the bed...

sweet dreams,
    katie.

I never get to shop for nightgowns. My wife keeps bringing home new ones for me unannounced. Been wearing them to bed for some 15 years.