Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ahh...Nightgowns to bed!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    If the straps are breaking when you turn over, then you need to wear a larger nightgown! That is the only reason that a strap will break when you are wearing it, unless the nightgown is either very old or very poor material! Ask the clerk in any good lingerie department!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I've never worn/owned a nightgown, but I think I will be purchasing one tomorrow when I get my paycheck (assuming its high enough)

I love wearing silky nightgowns to bed, but my wife does not approve. Fortunately, she is away this week, so I have been enjoying the wonderful feel of satin against my freshly shaven legs all week. I hope to experience it again soon.

You are a lucky girl for your wife to let you wear a strappy nightgown. I would suggest you stop tossing around in bed. Learn to sleep more restful and you want ruin your straps.

I generally only wear nightgowns but usually cotton as it is quite hot here. My wife made the last one so that we have matching nighgowns (only different colours). In winter I often wear womens PJs again bought by my wife. Can't imagine going back to that drab old male stuff

Gone

Wink Best sleep EVER!

Best sleep I ever had: first time sleeping in a pink thong with a pink pleated baby doll. I felt great for the next two days. Must have been the pink fog hangover.

Otherwise, au natural, as I can't stand drab pj's. I feel like I've been bound.

I would love to buy a Wedding Gown with Long Train..or a Pink Silk Prom Gown with Long Train..Ultimate expression of your womanhood.

I am single, but I have roommates, so I can only dress on trips.

I do not have a nightgown, I just sleep in a long tight dress I picked up at goodwill. It does have small straps and I they are still surviving.

I think I should get something silk to sleep in.

I Love nighties... and have even made love to my GF in them... her comment was "Cute"... and yes the straps do break... I am thinking about super glue to salvage some of my favorites...

On a recent trip to Brazil, my girlfriend and I found the most wonderful line in underwear, and, in keeping with topic, nightwear.
    The stores are called Provence, and they only sell their own products. They are very reasonably priced too.
    I picked up a rich red nightie, not sure what the term is in English, but in Spanish it is a camison. The length is about to the top of my stockings, so maybe someone on here could give me the English word for it!!! I also picked up, in the same colour, a deep suspender belt and a boyshort. When I put them on the effect is stunning.

The best part about the clothing is that the rings where the adjustable straps connect to the main body, and the buckle for the adjustment are METAL!!! Not seen that for years. The fasteners on the suspender belt are metal too...

This brand is really good. We bought many pairs of panties too.

The price of the camison was 95 reals (about 40 Euros). Very good value.

I have checked their website and they only seem to be in and around the city of Bauru, which is 350 km NW from Sao Paulo. If anyone is interested the website is www.provencelingerie.com.br.

The problem is, you can't order on line, in fact they don't even have the prices on there and is only available in Portugese!!

Still, I really rate this brand...
    Elita

Normal is only a setting on a washing machine.

"And I don't want the world to see me
    Cause I don't think that they'd understand
    When everything's made to be broken
    I just want you to know who I am"
    - Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

Night gowns are fun to sleep in and I do every once in a while but I mostly sleep in a tshirt and panties. I also have a very silky pair of pajamas that my wife got for me and they really feel good to sleep in. Have you tried gowns that didn't have straps a lot of women sleep in that kind as well as the strappy ones. Just a thought.

Jeannie

The FW side of DFW, TX, but New Orleans is my adopted home town
    I just have one set of cotton girly nightware...looking forward to finding something silky or satiny
    Torrey

"Never laugh, and you will live to regret it.
    That's what living is to me..." - Jimmy Buffett

https://www.facebook.com/torrey.stephens

For my B'day today one of the presents my wife got me was a new nighty. It's the first time she ever got me one as a presnt on a "special day". It is a very pretty pink with a print and fits perfectly. She didn't want me to try it on for her but I'm sure she'll see me in it at a later time..
    Dana Fleming

Aspiring Member
    You are very lucky to have an understanding wife

Aspiring Member
    That sounds like a great time

Aspiring Member
    A silk nightie in bed does seem to induce great sleep and pleasant dreams

Unfortunately for me nightgowns are not suitable attire. However, I can sleep in slips or any one of three sets of ladies pjs. They are nice although I don't see much difference between my slips and nightgowns, my wife is adamant about their exclusion.

When I was single there were many a night that I slept in a silk slip. I miss those days....

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    i give my long satin and silk nightgowns special care. i always hang them and NEVER fold them....i cherish them, they are my fave way of comfort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

I have a unisex, long-sleeved nightshirt for winter and a couple of feminine cotton nighties for summer. But long, silky ones - not permitted. Ah well ...

I have been married for more than 30 years and have always worn a nightie in bed, many of them presents from my wife.

I wear a nightgown every night and just love them.

Quote Originally Posted by elita View Post
    On a recent trip to Brazil ...The stores are called Provence
    Web site: http://www.provencelingerie.com.br/p...e/pt/index.php

Here here! The feel of satin or silk/satin blend in satin sheets holding your SO and being totally accepted by her is just out of this world.

Count me in too....
    Though what I usually wear is a camisole and panties...stretchy nylon all the way.....