Thread: Can't help it

Can't help it

So, I am doing some regular online shopping for stuff. I find that I gravitate to the girl's version even if there is no real difference between the boys and girls product.

I just can't help it. Much of my outdoor gear is now in powder blue and pink...

I went to the local thrift store a few days ago, and while I used to look through the dresses and girls tops, then men's t-shirts, I couldn't stomach it anymore. I find I have no interest whatsoever now in looking at men's clothing. I'm at least a year away from starting HRT and still run most errands and work in drab, and even then my outfit is usually composed of gender neutral jeans and tops out of the girls' section of the department store. I guess if there isn't some degree of femininity to the item in question, I don't want it.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    ahhhhhhh . The pink fog ..........................
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I have similar feelings. I find myself fascinated with, drawn to, and entirely focused on women's clothes as opposed to men's.

When I'm shopping the closeout section of the cycling stores, I always look at the womens shorts, as a bonus, they're often cheaper! I can't remember the last time i bought mens underwear, if I need to get some more now, I'd have to get some from Europe, the mens styles in N.A are generally dreadful.

I've switched over all my dress socks to women's. And a lot of tee shirts too. They are just softer cloth than men's. And except for a few comments, my wife hasn't set them on fire. Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I haven't bought any mens clothing since last summer before coming out in August, nor do I think I will ever again in the future.

I've started to wear hosiery instead of socks to the office. So far no one has noticed but I know it's just a matter of time.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I've switched over all my dress socks to women's. And a lot of tee shirts too. They are just softer cloth than men's. And except for a few comments, my wife hasn't set them on fire. Lol.
    Just make sure if she does set them on fire, you aren't wearing them at the time. You'd be one serious hottie then.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I bet you didn't know that life jackets can have princess seams. I am the only one in our group, male or female with a princess seamed life jacket. It is a shame that the manufacturer stopped making them. I could use some different colors.

A few years ago, a friend bought me a pair of those reading glasses that hang around your neck and have a magnet in the bridge of the nose piece called Clics. I love them, and wear them all the time I'm in guy mode, and sometimes when I have my hair pulled back in girl mode. Well, last week I broke them at work, and needed to replace them. It was so hard to resist not getting the purple, or pink, or red pairs, and if they were not so expensive, I would have gotten more than the one pair that I did. I must admit, though, that even though the pair that I got have black and clear frames, they are much more feminine looking than the ones that I broke.

The biggest problem with them is that they mess up my hair if I don't have it pulled up or in a pony tail. But the cute ones were hard to resist.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

Quote Originally Posted by Christie ann View Post
    I bet you didn't know that life jackets can have princess seams. I am the only one in our group, male or female with a princess seamed life jacket. It is a shame that the manufacturer stopped making them. I could use some different colors.

Last year I bought my wife and I some self inflating PFDs, one blue, and one periwinkle. When ever I'm on the boat and my wife is not along, I wear the periwinkle. Her comment was, "You should have gotten both of them periwinkle." The only reason that I didn't is that her sister sometimes joins us on the boat, and does not know I'm TG. My wife's response to that was, "Just tell her that the periwinkle ones were on sale." which they were, and were $10 cheaper.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    We are like hungry foxes in a yard full of rabbits. Cute things are hard to resist. (sorry I tried to come up with a snarky line about foxy ladies, but my creative side is a little worn out right now.)

Lots of my daily wardrobe contains womens things. My running shoes are women's. I have small narrow feet and they fit much better. Womens items are often cheaper. I can't find lycra mens briefs and when I do the waist band is totally uncomfortable. Womens sweaters and jeans fit my slight build better. I can provide a valid logical reason for all of this stuff, but you know what? These items bring me solace and comfort. They fit my personality and thats whats important when you are buying things for you.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    We are like hungry foxes in a yard full of rabbits. Cute things are hard to resist. (sorry I tried to come up with a snarky line about foxy ladies, but my creative side is a little worn out right now.)

Lots of my daily wardrobe contains womens things. My running shoes are women's. I have small narrow feet and they fit much better. Womens items are often cheaper. I can't find lycra mens briefs and when I do the waist band is totally uncomfortable. Womens sweaters and jeans fit my slight build better. I can provide a valid logical reason for all of this stuff, but you know what? These items bring me solace and comfort. They fit my personality and thats whats important when you are buying things for you.
    Retail therapy, nothing better!

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    How about a bunch of foxy ladies in a store full of cute bunny slippers?
    Grace,
    Bobbi

Yup, I understand the gravitating to women's clothing. When a catalog arrives that has both male and female clothing, I browse the women's section intently, but just zip thru the men's section (which isn't too hard since it is always so short). It annoys me when they show both on the same page with "men" colors and "women" colors, and the men's are always so drab.
    And the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
    - Anais Nin

if i had the money i would have the same problem hahaha

I always look at the women's clothing first, then try to pick out something that might pass as a guys' just so I can wear it in public. (But oh-do I wish I could wear those really feminine things in public!)

Your thread topic says it all...... CAN"T HELP IT.

I'm the same whether it's shopping online, in person or looking at a clothing catalogue. It's just something that a lot of us have always done (with varying levels of discretion) and probably always will. I guess we are slaves to our inner desires really!

I have never found that I am drawn to marketed towards females (runners, backpacks, other non clothing items). That being said though, when I dress it is never in anything ambiguous. Skirts, heels, dresses, I always go for a very fem look.

What I tell my wife, which is OK with my CDing, that I like things that come from the other side of the store, the womens dept, even if they have the same thing in the men's dept. Don't know why but it just feels better.

I'm not trying to highjack... promise

But if any of you respondants could add just a line to your post ,may I ask , Do you pay as much attention to your "guy presentation " as your girl presentation? I mean kind of ... as nice of things [ clothes] as your girl stuff.
    Just wondering.

Thank You So Much
    Presh GG

Mods,
    If this is what is called highjack , Please remove my post
    Again thanks
    Last edited by Presh GG; 02-27-2011 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Added

Quote Originally Posted by Presh GG View Post
    I'm not trying to highjack... promise

But if any of you respondants could add just a line to your post ,may I ask , Do you pay as much attention to your "guy presentation " as your girl presentation? I mean kind of ... as nice of things [ clothes] as your girl stuff.
    Just wondering.

Thank You So Much
    Presh GG

Mods,
    If this is what is called highjack , Please remove my post
    Again thanks
    Regardless of my presentation I present myself in the proper attire for the situtation. That said, if it calls for a suit, be it male or female, I wear the best I can afford. The same for jeans and a blouse. Now, as I posted in another thread, I don't spend a fortune on clothes if it's not necessary. Thus, a twenty dollar outfit from Goodwill is likely going to cost you eighty or more at JCPenneys. Why spend the silly money if it's the same basic kind of outfit but perhaps a year out of date. As always I aim for class (appropriate to the situtation) not just clothes to cover my body.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

I find that when I do go to buy guy stuff, I'm fussier about it than I used to be. For an example, I bought a belt today (most of mine are getting kind of ratty). Not just ANY belt, but I was careful to get the colour AND texture to match my hiking boots - something awhile ago I never would have thought twice about. Now when I buy clothes, I just want nice stuff - guy or girl clothes.