Thread: OMG! I can't believe I did that.

Escaping from the closet Carla Stevens's Avatar

OMG! I can't believe I did that.

Sorry, a bit of a long post.

I actually managed to leave the house for the first time whilst dressed & went for a drive.
    I don't get much time to dress as I'm still way in the closet & not even my father, who I live with knows about my 'other side'. He rarely goes out & when he does I never know how long he'll be. He's usually only out for an hour or so.

He was due to go out for a meal & I dropped him off at a restaurant at 6:40 this evening, so decided that as I've got the house to myself for the evening I'd get dressed & venture out for the first time ever.

It took me nearly an hour to shower, shave, get dressed & apply my make up (something I need more practice with & some lessons).
    I headed downstairs & turned off the porch light to afford myself the cover of darkness to leave the house & get into my car on the drive. The houses in my neighbourhood are very close together & there is very little privacy.
    I stood in the porch, plucking up the courage to shut the door behind me & leave the house, heart beating so fast I could hear it thumping away.
    I stepped out & headed straight to the car, got in & started it up & drove away.
    WOW! what a buzz. I couldn't believe I was doing it.
    I drove around for about half an hour, but really wanted to carry on, having now made the first step.
    I thought I'd better return home, not knowing exactly when my father would be home & wanting to get home before him. It could have been extremely awkward had I come through the front door fully dressed as Fearne, to be confronted by him.
    Again the heart was beating when I pulled onto the drive as this was when one of the neighbours might spot me.
    A quick dash for the front door & I was home safe.
    That was so liberating. Terrifying yes, but I'm so glad I made that first step.

I decided to stay dressed for the rest of the evening, but imagine my shock at hearing the front door opening at 9:40, exactly three hours after I'd dropped him off.
    My father had done his usual & come home early.
    Luckily I was in my room, so I dived under the bedclothes in case he decided he wanted to speak to me.
    I pulled off my wig & earings & grabbed a packet of wetwipes to try to remove my make up.
    Lukily he didn't come into my room to speak to me & I've now stuffed all my clothes under my bed until I can put them back in my locked drawer in the morning.
    Last edited by Carla Stevens; 02-24-2011 at 05:47 PM.
    “I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a WOMAN in it.” Marilyn Monroe

The views & opinions expressed in the above post are those of the author.
    Anyone acting on any information contained within the post does so entirely at their own risk.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Congrats on getting out. The first time is the biggest rush but I now look forward to getting dolled up and going out. I have been out to a TG friendly club twice this month and am contemplating going back tommorow night. Billie Jean

Where the sun sets Christina..x's Avatar
    good to express yourself don't care what people think

It'll only get better.

I can remember that first time for me...I am so glad I don´t get that nervous anymore. Congratulations. You are very brave for taking those first steps out.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I'm so glad for you that you have made that first step out of the closet. Now that you have done it once, you will find it a lot easier next time.
    Bit of a downer about your dad coming back early though
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

That's wonderful to hear, I can definitely relate to the rush you feel when leaving the house

LOL, I've had experiences like that when I was younger. Thank god for my mothers Lancome make-up remover! It so exhilarating going out in FEMME!

Just like eagle chicks, we have to take little test flights before finally leaving the nest and go soaring on our own.

Congrats on taking the first steps.

Congratulations, Fearne! Your first solo flight was a success!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Escaping from the closet Carla Stevens's Avatar
    Thanks for your support everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    Bit of a downer about your dad coming back early though
    Yeh, he has a habit of coming home early.
    Last year he went out for the day one Sunday & I thought "Great, house to myself for the day". I got all dressed up etc & wandered around the house safe in the knowledge that he'd be out all day.
    Just after lunch I was upstairs when I heard the key in the front door. OH S**T! How an I going to get out of this?
    I did the usual & dived under the bedclothes, hoping he'd not come into my room. (I work 6 days a week, so having a lie in until lunch on a Sunday is not unusual).
    Quickly I attempted to remove my make up as he headed up the stairs. He knocked on my door & came straight in as I pulled the covers up around my neck.
    Luckily the curtains were shut, so the room was relatively dark & he suspected nothing.
    He told me that he had felt ill so decided to come home.
    “I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a WOMAN in it.” Marilyn Monroe

The views & opinions expressed in the above post are those of the author.
    Anyone acting on any information contained within the post does so entirely at their own risk.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.