Thread: I know it's still winter, but, I have to ask about going en femme to the beach

I know it's still winter, but, I have to ask about going en femme to the beach

I ♥ wearing womens swimwear, I just think they're so sexy, and feel so good, but that aside, I made a commitment to my self of being full time with minimal and few exceptions, and my wife and I have been discussing this alot lately since spring is coming up and we'll be going out together more and then summer will come along and we'll want to visit the beach frequently.

While she says she has no problem being with me in public wearing a swimsuit, makeup and wig, I am concerned on the possible reactions of others. Me, personally, I don't care, but I'm concerned how the potential reactions will affect her, and more importantly, my child. It's something I want to do, go to the beach as a woman, but there's this sort of fear involved, because it's like being half naked, sort of... I've not once yet had any negative reactions from strangers, but for some reason, I think, to be at the beach in a swimsuit, or worse, a bikini, would lend me to be laughed at and/or ridiculed by some, whom would then cause others to look on, etc... and while I THINK I may be ok with this, as I could ignore it and continue on my way, or whatever, my wife on the other hand has a MOUTH and well, it could get ugly...or humiliating, etc

Anyway, I was hoping others here on this forum had an experience at the beach, en femme, in a swimsuit or bikini.. How was it.. was it uneventful.. How did it go. Are my fears unjustified and just self conscious paranoia?

I really do want to do this and one of my goals for this summer is to have a bikini tan line, so when I take of my top I have those white triangles, lol and maybe appear to have breasts when naked, haha... But, no, seriously, I'm so much happier and content presenting and identifying as female, and with full time being my goal, I don't want to make an exception for the beach.. Certainly we could go to a less crowded spot or time, but sometimes this may not be possible.

Some other things I am concerned with are my wig, breast enhancers and tucking.

I would have added makeup to that list of concerns, but 99.99% chance I won't be wearing any other than perhaps some eye liner and/or mascara since foundation over concealer, etc really looks TERRIBLE in bright sun light and would look even worse on a hot day of sweating, and would wash off if/when I go in the water, so, I thought best to skip it... Besides, I can't recall ever seeing GG wearing makeup at the beach.

So, I know a wig will make my head hotter, sweat more, etc.. But, since wigs can't tolerate heat, is going out to the beach on a 90 degree day going to fray or wreck a wig. Also, what about salt water? I suppose my hair would be tied up in a pony tail, or lightly covered with bandana or something, or sun/beach hat.

Going without wig is not an option.. I have no real hair up top and back and am NOT comfortable with going out dressed without one, because as much as I want to be a woman, I need to also LOOK LIKE ONE, and no wig just don't cut it.

Same question for silicone breast enhancers.. Will heat and salt water cause damage?

Last, I wonder about tucking.. Certainly I can do it, but considering no makeup, hair may be tied up leaving my face not framed by hair and my masculine shoulders, back, etc all uncovered.. No way I'm passing any way, so.. would not tucking be a bad decision? Considering, I think "why even bother".. but also, it's not like tucking even makes it more feminine looking anyway, because it still don't look like female, unless of course I can figure out some magical way of making a camel toe.

Anyway, sorry for the run on ramble.. Just curious about these things as I bought another swimsuit today, and a bikini. I wore and modeled both for my wife and we were talking about going to the beach alot this summer and it got me thinking about these things.

Hi!
    I don't have any answers, but I will be eagerly awaiting the responses!
    Best wishes on your summer outings.
    Love,

Jo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]All good things come to "she" who waits!

Shoes glorious shoes rachellegsep's Avatar
    Makeup - Waterproof mascara, painted nails, lip gloss Derma colour with setting powder makes it sweat proof., Forms shouldn't be a problem as ok in chlorine pool and tanning however watch out for sand abrasion on a windy day between form back and chest skin. My preference would be to tuck with , less chance of something poking out .

Either high leg one piece or 2 piece with bikini / boy leg bottoms and tank type top (better coverage of form edge than bikini top). Also a sarong skirt or loose beach type mid thigh long tunic is perfect whilst walking from and to the car.

Complete with girly daisy flip flops, wide brim straw hat (a la laura ashley look) , sunglasses, towels, tanning lotion / sun screen, girly magasine / book , beverages and a big beach bag.

Good to go enjoy !
    In search of muliebrity

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

First, I,d like to commend you for thinking of your wife and child first! As far as all the problems you mention you could have, I don't think they out weigh the quality time you will be spending with your family! Wishing you a great and fun summer! Hugs! Cynthia Anne.

I have been to the apartment complex swimming pool as a female a couple times. I wore a tankini and tucked (VERY tightly tucked). I wore my makeup & wig. I swam but did not put my head under. I sat and read a book while lounging in the sun.

There were a few people there & no one really paid any attention to me. I think you can do it as long as you are comfortable doing it, no one will pay much attention.

I am STILL looking fo another swimsuit. I want a tankini style with a cute skirt.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Yeah, a pool does sound much safer. Maybe some night the wife and I will go rent a room somewhere with a pool, just to get away for a night.

The beach here usually has upwards of 50,000+ people at a time on any summer day, more towards Jul & Aug...

If you like the skirted tankini, try the Land's End. I have one and it's so comfortable, and so sleek and smooth.. fits nice and snug and it's so cute I've seen them online going for anywhere from $40 to $75 per piece since tops and bottoms are sold separate, but I got lucky at a thrift store and got both the tankini top and skirted bottom and I LOVE it... It's unfortunate that certain brands of swimwear are sooooo expensive... OMG so many cute ones out there, thank god for thrift stores, lol.. I think it's fun when I buy a swimsuit at a thrift store then look it up and find out it's a $75+ swimsuit when new.. Got a so cute Guess bikini I saw sells for $95 and I'm like WTF.. I would not pay that kind of money.
    Last edited by LitaKelley; 03-01-2011 at 03:10 PM.

I'll bet if you try a New Years day dip in Lake Michigan with our Milwaukee polar bears nobody would give you a second glance. It's so %*&#$ cold that once they hit the big drink they run back onto the beach, bundle up in blankets, huddle around a fire and start to hit the smaller drinks.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I think maybe Jill has the right idea! Do a Polar Bear dip and nobody will pay any attention!! Now for some real answers! It is your body and what you put on it is your business, as long as you are decent and your wife and children don't care! I have worn tankini's, 2 piece suits and even a bikini to the beach in years past. Sure I got some comments because I was definitely a guy in a ladies swim suit, but as I said it is my body and I wear what I want!

As for tucking, I am small enough in that area to not have much of a problem. I usually wore a gaff under the swim suit which kept me well enclosed. As far as using breast forms, I am a natural 40 B so don't wear forms at all! But I would never wear "good" forms into a pool or the ocean. The water in either of those places is not good for the forms! Plain water generally won't hurt them, but chlorinated water or salt water will.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Hi Lita,
    I've been w/ the wife a few times, It's gr8 fun of coarse. most woman Don't wear only a swimsuit /bikini. They wear a light top/tee shirt w a denim mini or shorts over their bathing attire till ya get to your spot in the sun. For your concerns bout kidz an wottnott walk down the beach awayz from the main crowd to get a lil more privacy. This has worked gr8 4 mee n I didnt notice anyone noticing me nor did my wife. In my situation there are a multitude of different parking lotz so we would park at the extreme west end. Then stroll down to the end of the boardwalk @ this particular beach and continue down the beach away from the "main" swimming area. So we had some space between or towels. I know ya want the tan butt do wear sunscreen! believe me u will still get your triangles!!!!

Stop dreaming and wear a cute tank suit along with the appropriate coverups for going and coming...A guy in a bikini looks just like a guy in a bikini. If you want to practice your beachgoing,come on South...

I go to the beach (and a friend's pool) pretty regularly during the summer, and always wear a bikini. It's always a bit of an adrenaline rush, though I'm a lot less nervous when I go with someone (and more fun, too). I try to stick to the less crowded areas when I'm by myself, and am a bit bolder when with a friend. Either way, I usually get checked out, though no one has said anything to me so far. Maybe I've just been lucky?

I don't have to worry about a wig, as my natural hair is quite long. If your natural hair isn't quite long enough yet, you'll need a wig. As far as make-up goes, I usually do only my eyes and a little bit of foundation to cover any potential beard shadow. Either way, don't go heavy as you'll sweat it off - or worry about sweating it off.

I make sure to tuck tightly, but comfortably, and use clear medical tape. I use 3M Transpore and it holds for several hours - even when wet. Whether or not I use forms depends on the style of bikini top I'm wearing.

My two cents worth - go with your SO, stick to the less crowded areas, wear an appropriate cover-up to and from the beach, and definitely wear a bikini. You look awesome in the red one from your recent Risky Business post!

Just go for it and don't worry about other peoples reactions. If someone has a problem it's just that- THEIR problem. Besides, remember the brain only translates a fraction of what the eye can see so if the eye sees a fem silhouette with fem hair etc, the large chunk of information translated by the brain is "woman" and that's all someone sees and goes on about there business. Most people are out enjoying the beach--- not scanning for crossdressers. 50,000 people? you might as well be a grain of sand out there. You kinda have the right attitude when you say "no way i'm passing anyway", don't try to be anything other than a PERSON out having a good time who just happens to be wearing a bikini, skirt, heels whatever and people will pay even less attention than if you look all nervous and paranoid.
    On everything else:
    I bought a short wig just for the beach, pools, hot tubs etc. Don't wear your good one to these places and chance ruining it. Besides. the beach is not really the place for the smae hair style as that club last Saturday night.
    For tucking i use Gorilla brand duct tape. It withstands heat, water, salt, etc for the length of time you'll be out there. Just be careful no keep the tape nice, neat and tight so its not visible outside the swimsuit and the tuck is extra tight. This is not the time for a sloppy tuck.
    For makeup, keep it as minimal as possible. GG's usually don't wear much if anything to the beach. Get a big blingy set of sunglasses to hide the sharp angles of your face.
    Oh, and one last thing - don't forget the camera girl!! we wanna see pictures!!
    Kim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kymberlyjean; 03-03-2011 at 01:07 AM.

Like many of us Kyberlyjean,you look great and blendable in your TANK style suit..

Banned Read only
    In high school, (I was much leaner then) I got a crazy idea to go for what you mentioned. After shaving and taping (not much to tape), I went to the beach in a string bikini, dolfin shorts, and a tank top. The wig I had was long and very sexy. I wore minimal make up (mascara and lip gloss). After staking out my place in the sand, I got down to the bikini and started reading my book. I got a lot of flirtatious looks from some surfer dudes and the girls ignored me. When I left, I heard some encouraging comments from a group of guys at the head of the pier. I never felt so feminine in my life! Unfortunately, those days are long gone. If you can do it, go for it! It was exhilarating for me.

In something like a bathing suit I would consider tucking as essential as a wig! I place my forms inside the bathing suit lining. They can't fall out or get exposed that way. I think forms are pretty safe in salt or chlorine water, they are silicone. I've been to a pool but not the beach yet. Hope to do that this year.
    Sally

duct tape!! yikes.. that hurts when it's time to rip it off

I tried this once, and OWWWW!

Late in the season this past summer, my wife and I spent 3 days on our sailboat on Lake Erie, one of which was spent at the beach. I looked at it as a "trial run" for our cruise that we took in the fall, to se how I would do in a swimsuit for extended periods. The day at the beach, and much of the time on the boat, I was wearing a one piece tank suit tat I got at a church rummage sale. it is one of the few that I've seen that have a built in underwire bra, which makes me feel much more secure about my forms. There are mastectomy swim suits that have pockets built into them for forms, but they are quite expensive.

Speaking of forms, I know that they make special forms for athletic and swim use, that have a heavier "skin". They are suppose to tolerate pool chemicals and high temps (think hot tub) much better. While I don't think that chlorine or salt water would affect the silicone in regular forms, I don't know how the "skin" which is not silicone, would hold up.

I never tape a tuck. The very thought of it makes me cross my legs in pain. But, my swim suit is tight enough and wide enough in the crotch that I did not have any problems with my tuck, even on the boat, climbing on the foredeck to handle the sails.

My natural hair is quite thin on top, but I did not even take a wig along. I wore a hat that covered the top of my head. No makeup, either. We cruise to this area, maybe, once a year, and no one knows either of us there. Even when we were in the marina or going to the store for groceries, I was dressed in shorts, t-shirt, with my forms. Never any makeup or hair, and no one said a thing, although I did get a few odd looks, but who cares about that.

The beach, though, was pretty deserted, as it was late in the season, during the week, and the lake temp had started to drop. But at the launch ramp, when it came time put the boat on the trailer and lower the mast, I was wearing only a pair of shorts over my swimsuit. There was a group of older women doing some power walking through the park, and they passed us 3 or 4 times. Each time they passed, they would look at me, and then you could see the discussion, and hear an occasional, "I think so," or "Yeah, it is!" It kind of made me laugh.

Also at the ramp, there was a guy in a pick up that drove past us twice, and the third time, when he stopped, I thought I might have to deal with a situation. He got out, and asked me about our boat, told me about his boat, and we had a nice conversation for about 5 minutes.

On our fall cruise, I spent a lot of time in my swimsuit lounging by the pool, but there, with makeup and supplemental hair. We had a great time, and you can read more about it in the "Special Occasions" Forum under the tread "An Adventure Triumph".
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

We all have our dreams... AmiFL's Avatar
    You look so feminine you should have no trouble passing as a girl on the beach..... I love the tankini on you, very much the pretty woman.... cannot wait to see your tan lines.........

I think the most crowd, the less problems because everybody is busy with his/her personal (sun)bathing place. I once wore a bikini with side tie bottom and triangle top (straps tied behind neck) on a crowded beach. I did not know about tucking yet and only heard one whistle when rushing to the water. Then I left the beach with just a beach dress over the bikini and walked in the crowded streets of the resort. I was not trying to pass yet or at least remotely pass, just cope with a lot of pink fog. I walked past a group of male teens, they did not laugh loudly but one of them said I was beautiful ('belle' in french), my crossdressed feminity was probably stunning. I hope I will dare to do it again later with some forms or natural growth in the top.
    Last edited by freeindress; 03-29-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LitaKelley View Post
    duct tape!! yikes.. that hurts when it's time to rip it off

I tried this once, and OWWWW!
    I don't recommend duct tape for tucking. Yeah, it hurts coming off, but it also has an annoying habit of "slipping", leaving behind sticky stuff which is hard to get off your clothes. I've had a lot of success with 3M Nexcare clear tape. It stretches somewhat and has pores so it breathes. Being clear, it also doesn't show if you happen to move the wrong way - or go into the water in an unlined bikini bottom. It holds quite well in the water BTW. I've spent whole days at the beach swimming and being active without having to re-tape using this stuff.

I think you can go to the beach without any trouble and I base that on what I have saw at the beach. Many people there look like they are from another planet, so you will not have any trouble dressed as a gg.
    Last edited by Amy Lynn3; 03-15-2011 at 11:48 AM. Reason: tyoped lol

Quote Originally Posted by LisaTaylor View Post
    I don't recommend duct tape for tucking. Yeah, it hurts coming off, but it also has an annoying habit of "slipping", leaving behind sticky stuff which is hard to get off your clothes. I've had a lot of success with 3M Nexcare clear tape. It stretches somewhat and has pores so it breathes. Being clear, it also doesn't show if you happen to move the wrong way - or go into the water in an unlined bikini bottom. It holds quite well in the water BTW. I've spent whole days at the beach swimming and being active without having to re-tape using this stuff.
    I second this suggestion. I personally use 3M Nexcare clear tape. I can wear it for hours at the pool and the beach for tucking when I am wearing a bikini. I also use it while I am running en femme for a smooth look under my running shorts.

training to pass at the pool

I don't even have to tuck with tape in cool water, things shrinks enough to auto-tuck. Passing becomes easy in a swimsuit with forms. Once while leaving a public pool, someone told me I was going to the MEN'S shower room (he probably did not see my face). Besides tucking, my swimsuit is snug fitting enough to hold my small forms in place too (the bust part is lined and has structured seams), I could not run the risk of losing them in the pool