Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's your style?

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    I try to be Conservative with a touch of trendy in as well...It is my hope to blend in as well as possible and things like wearing a evening attire in the middle of the day just scream look at me....
    I do have my moments of dressing sexy, but they are usually for the bedroom with the exception oft his one time when I went out to a local club...Enfemme..had nothing to lose so I went all out.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Like doc, I"m a closet girl, so my style is sissy!!!

My style is mostly conservative.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica_Dillon View Post
    Kathi's right. All about comfort.
    Well, it's not all about comfort! Some of my clothes are not quite as comfortable as jeans, a t-shirt, and an old pair of Keds. To me, it's all about the mood, the feel, . . . the pretty, so to speak. When my clothes are pretty, I feel pretty. No, they don't make me pretty, but the feeling of slipping into a nice dress or a wonderful pair of pumps isn't one of comfort, but I feel comforted by them. Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Oh now you're giving me a complex!!!
    Eep! I had a feeling that I might be stepping into something, here. Put it down to being in Kevlar and chem gear for untold hours over the past few days. You did know that gas masks led to oxygen deprivation, right?

Sara, no complex needed. I understand totally where you're coming from, and, it makes sense. You're thinking of sexy on an internalized sense. You wear what makes you feel vibrant, alive, . . . sexy. It's not a 'Come and get it!' kind of sexy, but more of a 'Sigh. Mmmmmmmm' sexy, right? Or am I off-base again? Either way, time for this old broad to go to bed.

Kathi

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Eep! I had a feeling that I might be stepping into something, here. Put it down to being in Kevlar and chem gear for untold hours over the past few days. You did know that gas masks led to oxygen deprivation, right?

Sara, no complex needed. I understand totally where you're coming from, and, it makes sense. You're thinking of sexy on an internalized sense. You wear what makes you feel vibrant, alive, . . . sexy. It's not a 'Come and get it!' kind of sexy, but more of a 'Sigh. Mmmmmmmm' sexy, right? Or am I off-base again? Either way, time for this old broad to go to bed.

Kathi
    Wow, you actually hit the nail right on the head, so to speak. You managed to express a part of my essence better than I ever could have.

As an example, put it into the context of any other woman out there who might feel just a smidgen more pretty by wearing something that no one else can see. It could be a pretty bra and panty set or something a little more racy underneath her outer attire. Neither of those say "come and get it" but at the same time, they might make her feel a little more vibrant & alive as you put it. And it's for these reasons that my bras/undies don't come from plastic packages and my nylons don't come out of eggs!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Wow, you actually hit the nail right on the head, so to speak. You managed to express a part of my essence better than I ever could have.
    Yeah, I'm great at hitting things on the head - though usually it's myself. You'd think this old broad would learn, "if a drawer is open and you drop something, be careful when straightening up!"

As I said, I do understand. If you remember a post from wayyyyyyy back (this one), I actually used that word on and about myself. How did I mean it? Exactly as I said this time. It's a kind of internalized sensuality - not for others, but more for yourself. Your bra and panty set analogy is right on. Others don't need to know what you have on, but you know, and that's all that matters. You feel prettier when you try, so to speak.

And it's for these reasons that my bras/undies don't come from plastic packages and my nylons don't come out of eggs!!!
    That definitely qualified for a LOL! I agree; on intimates that matter, I tend to spring for the ones that make me feel good. Sure, utility is good, but I save that for most of my boy stuff.

Kathi

Platinum Member
    My "style" is dictated by the situaton. Most work days (at home) I tend towards what I'd characterize as business casual, or professional, and frankly, I like the look. But pool side, I'll wear a bikini top and short skirt or linen beach pants. And as noted above, regardless of how I'm dressed, I'm particular about my bras/undies!

Where's my Millionaire?? Kendra (Tx)'s Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I've run the gamit from "Comfy" to "Soccer Mom" to "Sexy" all the way to "Elegant", Even with a bit of "Professional" ( Not THAT kind of profession either... )..I just love all styles female[/SIZE]

http://www.kendra954.com
    Last edited by Kendra (Tx); 03-07-2011 at 10:45 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Some of the most beautiful women in the world were born male. [/SIZE]

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe P.
    What's your style? Elegant and Conservative or Street Walker Sexy?
    [SIZE="2"]Conservative, somewhat “preppy,” I suppose. I prefer skirts with a blouse and a sweater, simple flat shoes and equally simple hosiery. This ensemble can border on elegant, but sexiness isn’t required or desired. There’s a lot going on INSIDE, so the clothes serve as a containment vessel, expressing a certain satisfaction while not drawing attention. All this helps me to pass, but passability is not my ultimate goal – I just want to enjoy what I choose to wear, and be happy...

BTW, I walk the streets now and then, but I assure you I'm quite respectable...
    [/SIZE]

I am a Gothic Queen. > : )

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Like Sara, my clothes are classy, elegant, boring, and (hopefully) sophisticated. Sexy? I kinda have trouble with that. When you hear the word 'sexy' while talking about women's clothes, you have to ask yourself, "Sexy to whom?" Women? Nope. Doubt it. That leaves the, . . . ummmm, alternative. For me, I never want to be the object of sexual attention from a man. Many do. Not me. Call me funny that way.

Sooooo, getting back on topic, my style is what I think I look good in. I do dress for me, after all.

Kathi

I see that I am not the first to say this about Kathi's post, but very well stated. First, I doubt that anyone, of either gender, would find me sexy. Second, I do not care, as long as I believe that about myself (or at least talk myself into believing it ). Last, I do this for myself, because I enjoy it immensely. But if I had to label myself with a style, my intent is that it be classy and sophisticated. Of course, a girl is entitled to keep some of her dressing style habits a secret, though? Right?

I try to be cute, youthful, sexy, and fun.

I like to be comfortable first. Then sexy of course.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I would say my style is "classy" but not conservative,to me that just cries out Booooring! i love pencil skirts,soft knit sweaters and silk blouses,and of course nylons and heels.At home I still have my moments when I dress younger with lowcut tops and short skirts which my wife still likes to see me wear
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson