Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I told my wife!

I'm soo happy that this went well for you! Congratulations, on both your courage and your intelligent, thoughtful wife - she absolutely rocks in my books for the insight she had so quickly I think some (both CDs and GGs) in our community just never figure out.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Another successful coming out story. So glad things worked out so well, Jennifer; you are indeed blessed to have such an understanding wife.

Glad to hear things are going so good! I remember what that fear is when trying to get it out and tell. But when you get that kind of acceptance right out of the gate, life can be great can't it? Now about that dress the wife wants to borrow, what she got that you want to try wearing, maybe a you try mine, and I'll try yours party could be a fun idea.
    Tina B.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    So my message is this: truth is always better. After coming out to my wife, every day is great. The caveat is if you think your relationship is strained, you need to fix that before you tell. I do not think cross dressing is the cause of relationship issues. I think relationship issues cause intolerance of our cross dressing. Dig deep, address your relationship. When that is on solid footing, come clean. You'll be happy. Best wishes to all.
    Jennifer, I am so happy that things are going great between you and your wife. However, I want to caution you (and your readers) from jumping to the conclusion that you made. Although I agree that truth is better, and that it's important to have a strong relationship beforehand, I do not think that guarantees happiness. There are some women who simply will not ever be able to accept this and others that might struggle a long time to come to peace with it. Before I told my wife, our relationship was amazing. She was (and still is) my best friend. We spent much time together, had many similar interests, lot's of inside jokes, etc. Despite this and her being an open-minded person (she had two close gay friends) my coming out to her shook her world. She contemplated divorce and we had some very dark months. She felt I had lied to her for all of those years before, and nothing else mattered. The good news is that both of us worked hard over many years to rebuild the trust and now we are in a wonderful place where we are closer than ever. But I still shudder to think how close we had come to the end our our marriage...

Banned Read only
    I'm really happy your wife is understanding and willing to participate in your cross-dressing. Your marriage had to be on firm ground for her to quickly accept your cross-dressing. And, she had to be comfortable with herself. A successful marriage is one based on mutual respect. There must be compromise. It is obvious your wife knows who you are deep inside and is comfortable with you as a person. On other issues you probably have walked and grown together for twenty five years.

And, you're absolutely correct that cross-dressing may be the excuse for dissolving a marriage that is already in trouble.

Every once in a while along comes a great story! I love a story with a happy ending! And yours is at the very top of the list! Hugs!

I still hold on to the romantic belief that love can conquer all. If a wife loves her husband and their relationship is generally happy, I think most all marriages can survive a husband's coming out to his wife. As I have read over and over for many years, the main anger and hurt in the wife is the fact that the husband waited so long to tell them and did not trust them enough to tell much sooner. Being a CD is a very big issue to hide from a wife. I know I could never do it and thank God I have never had to do it other then my short first marriage at the ripe old age of 17. But that was back when even I did not know what I was for lack of readily available information since there was no Internet back then.
    If the marriage is not going well in other areas, I can understand that telling could be the straw that broke the camels back. If it seems that the love is gone then it is a convenient exit point for a GG that is not happy in the marriage. But yes, with love we can conquer all.

Thanks for sharing, that was a beautiful exchange. And your affirmation of her, your honesty, and your offer was wonderful -- and must have been difficult!

I'm very happy for you and I know how you feel. I told my wife in about the same words. She didn't say anything for about a week, I thought that was it. She then came to me and told me that she loved me and it was ok. She told me she was more upset that I didn't tell her. Well, That was 4 years ago, and just 2 weeks ago she went to the Keystone conference dinner and dance with me! Good Luck, Take it slow.