Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The importance of underwear

The importance of underwear

I understand that for many the underwear is everything, but what about others? For example if you're presenting as female but in a situation where you don't feel the need to tuck, or you're presenting as a man in a skirt/dress or androgynous outfit how important is the underwear?

Do you always wear female underwear, always male or whatever is available? Does one or the other feel wrong because of who you feel you are?

Susie

To me its the foundation of my femininity. Without it I don't feel fully feminine. Long live lingerie!

Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    To me its the foundation of my femininity. Without it I don't feel fully feminine. Long live lingerie!
    Thats poetry!
    Have to agree though, I couldnt wear my favourite dress with boxers and no bra.
    Samantha -x-

Underwear is like anything else. It's what you make it to be.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Silver Member
    It is important in as much as it must feel nice/pleasant, like everything else I wear

Can't remember the last time I wore men's underwear. For me, panties and bras are essential.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

I don't own male male panties nor a bro! Its panties and bra for me always!

I wear what i am in the mood for at the time. My male underwear isn't all that masculine so sometimes as a casually dressed female i may have on my low rise male undies.

Panties or commando. No other options for me

Nylon panties under male jeans, that makes sense to me, cotton whitie tighties under a polyester skirt, I don't think so. I don't even own that many pair of male underwear, so I have to save what I have for the doctors office, the rest of the time it's panties, and I don't even like them in cotton. They are not just underwear, they are the start of changing shape and attitude, and are just as important to me as a bra, or dress.
    Tina B.

the happy camper
    I agree with Tina: I will wear panties in guy mode, but not male underwear en femme. The only time I've ever worn male underwear in drag was when I was 10 yrs old, and my sister talked me into dressing as a girl for Halloween. I drew the line at panties then, but I got over it later when I started dressing on my own.

I can't remember the last time I wore men's underwear.

But, what about a bra under guy clothes with no breast forms? There are often times when I underdress, but often when I'm putting on a bra without breast forms, and I look in the mirror at those flat, wrinkled cups, it looks and feels wierd. Yet as soon as I put on a shirt or top over it, it feels comfortable, or should I say, comforting.

Does it make any sense, though, to wear a bra if you have no breasts to put in it?
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

Female underwear is what made me being a CDer, for me is always the first thing I to wear when I am crossdressing, sometimes I only wear female undies, or even underdress under my male clothes, but not even once in my life I had put on female clothing with male underwear.

For me its still function over form... Forms. Lol. Underwear serves a purpose. Bras keep my forms from hitting the floor... Corset gives a fem shape. Hose make my legs look better... slips make my dress hand properly.... I typically wear male low rise cotton underwear even enfemme. Once you cover them up.... They are gone. Invisible. They help me with my outward presentation.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Since I started shaving certain areas I haven't really been able to wear mens underware. They feel like a piece of sand paper between the legs.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I joined the 24/7 panty club over a year ago and I can't imagine going back.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Nylon panties 24/7 for me and I love them.

Panties 24/7 for this girl except going the doctor

Gone
    This is very interesting to me. I've recently given a lot of thought to why, if my genders are so mixed I couldn't possibly separate them, do I need to dress as a female? I DO, no doubt there, but why? Sometimes, if I can't under dress for some reason, even a tuck will help center me. I'm just trying to figure out, what do we get from dressing or presenting as female that bridges that last gap in gender? Is it as I've heard described; much like a method actors' props and costume?

Please understand, I make no assertions here for myself or others. Just asking for input.

And in response to the original question, I almost always feel out of sorts in drab with no ladies wear. I go as far feminine (or at least androgynous) as the situation will allow.

Renae

Oh soo comfy are those panties. Silkys of course.. It's all about what feels most comfortable. Wearing the male cotton briefs just don't feel right anymore. I agree with a previous poster. Panties under my clohes going to male functions feels just great. Panties under my female outfits is just a given.

Renne (.)(.)
    ) (
    ( Y )

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    It does not matter how I am feeling or thinking, I underdress. I have never worn any underwear more comfortable than my nylon/lycra hi-cut panties. Why on earth would I not want to be comfortable? As for lingerie, it is comfortable also, so the same reason applies. I have not been to the doctor and had to strip down in a very long time, I guess I will have a bridge to across some day.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

The only "female" underwear I wear is pantyhose. I do not own, nor do I want to own panties, or girdles, or other such items. Since my cding was just for experiment and really does not go outside the houseI don't need to tuck.
    My androgynous looks have either pantyhose, tights, or briefs as unders. If leggings are involved then often times none of those. My "manhood" is often obscured by a wide belt, or a long shirt or sweater.

To me it is this way. I have no need of the female equivalent of Briefs. I don't desire little designs that will just be ridges under my leggings or tight skirts. I am not a fan of the look or feel of thongs, even on women

I don't mean to come across as having an issue with those that do wear feminine underthings, but just for me, it is not how I roll.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

For me it's panties or nothing, although if I have to wear a suit then I have a pair of pants to wear - just to get into character, if that makes sense.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Like when visiting a nuclear power plant, Susy, I worry about "fall out"!

When that happens with my tidy whities, it's time to toss them!

I ALWAYS wear my ladies panties backwards, tucked or not. Otherwise, I would constantly worry about "fall out"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

sence I have found some cotten panties that can do double duty as mens, I no longer have the "pair" of mens for the Dr's office.
    but as for under ware, it is the foundation of life, I do not feel right if I do not have the correct things under it all.