Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever thrown out your "femme" belongings, then REGRET it!!??

I have purged too many times and I hope I won't do it again. I feel bad because of all the nice clothes I have thrown away. I would have a complete wardrobe by now without the purging. Ladies, remember that if you purge you will wish you had not done that. I need to find advice on how to prevent the purging from happening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Of course I have. I think most of us has. The thing I miss most is photos of when I was much younger.
    Keely

One of the Reds

I regret all of my silly purges !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Unfortunately I have purged several times. Some times by me, others by family members. I can recall my mom getting rid of my stash twice when I was younger. Some of those items were pretty awesome clothes that I wish I had back. Never again!

I've purged twice; never going to do that again. This is me, and that's OK!

I only purged once. Right after my divorce, she knew I cd'd and never had an issue with it, but I suddenly ended up with both boys living with me. One was a teen and I no longer had a legit excuse for the girly stuff being there so I got rid of it. I regretted it almost immediately & started to rebuild. We ended up back together a few years later after working things out and things are better than ever now.

I have had 3 big purges. and I always feel that way. I miss the shoes i had before or the wig. but now instead of purging when i feel that way i just put my things far out of sight so i can feel purged but still have my stuff for another time.

Twice! The latter when my wife discovered my crossdressing and as she admits now overacted. However, when I begin to purchase items it will be with her 100% permission and hopefully suggestions. Damn, I really miss the clear acrylic platforms!
    Oh well, I'm sure they will make more!

Mikka

I lied in my earlier post, when I said that I had never "purged".

It was about 16 years ago and I did it on a grand scale. Closets and dressers FULL of clothes I had purchased. There was so much stuff and effort involved in throwing out all of my "femme" belongings...that I decided to just leave it all there...and "throw" MYSELF out!

Yep, I just left that cheating wife, all of her "femme" belongings, the house, the cars...and just walked into the sunset...

Was it expensive? You bet. It still is. It is still one of the most "expensive/extensive" investments that I have ever made in my life.

Any REGRETS?
    No, regret and rumination about past actions is like trying to back out of a car wreck after the crash. It is impossible to change the past. "Looking back" to times of poor decision-making is wasting productive time absorbing negative thoughts. I choose to spend that time thinking about productive, happy things I CAN do now...like working on my bikini tan on the sundeck tomorrow...

So, I would have to say that for me...purging my "femme" belongings worked out pretty well. As usual...It all comes down to perception...for me anyway...

Self-deception can be as handy as duct-tape, if you know how to use it...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i did that once. think it is a good idea to give myself a cooling period before taking action if i ever get an urge to do it again. going shopping for girly things that feel good to wear is fun. fulfilling, and exciting. my so and i have a wonderful time shopping. the cooling off period applies well to many things, not unlike making major purchases such as home appliances. just seems a good idea to not rush into action based on emotion

I have regretted all of my purges. What a waste. Oh my !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Of course! When our son was born I threw all my stuff in the BBQ in fear he would see me different if he found out. Of course the huge flames sparked neighborhood attention so I quickly put my half burned collection out for fear of the fire department. Looking back I laugh but still miss my first pair of heels and favorite skirt. Obviously i never quit just adopted the dadt policy

I have collected and purged so many times over my life and I always came back to rebuilding my "wardrobe". what a waste of money. The last time I begin to re-establish my feminine accessories, I decided I was not going to trash anything anymore.

The wife purged most of my stuff ....at least the sexy stuff that i liked ...5 inch heels and micro mini you know the ****ty stuff we all love ...she claimed that they were out of style and that we could replace them ....yeah right ...replace them with with granny outfits...oh well i suppose i should be thankful ...and try and work a sexy grandma look ...

Joann

I am just recovering from my first purge. I did it because I was gaining two roommates and was paranoid about them finding out. I threw all my femme belongings and a few months later I started buying girl things again. I now keep my femme belongings locked in a suitcase.

I purged my only pair of women's shoes. But they were a gift from an ex-best friend, so I really don't miss them because I'm mostly pissed at her.

Yes I have dumped my clothes and did regret it....mini's,heels,nylons,bras....dam what a waste.
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

Oh YES !

My very first purge, when I was going to 'grow up' and forget all that dressing up like a girl nonsense. All of my first clothes ... most of them stolen from a cousin, and others from sisters of school friends ... It wasn't just the physical item, but how I got them. I remember every single skirt and panty and there was a story for every garment. I regret the loss of those more than anything.

I can identify with that. My first real outing was the Texas "T" Party back in the 90's.
    Later I had this major purge. Big Big mistake.

The sexiest, short suede skirt ever. It had a moth hole! No-one would've noticed! I miss it!

just threw out stuff that doent fit.. its annoying, but cant store everything.. and its better to build a good wardrobe of good pieces than have ton of junk to worry about getting found..

Yes, 3 times. I've regretted it each time. I won't do it any longer. I particularly regret throwing out all those strappy sandals and pumps.

Wow. Seven pages and I think I'm the first to say, no. Not once have I ever felt the need to rid myself of my clothes.

In another thread, one of you ladies had said that I was special. That I had a clear definition of self worth and that I didn't feel the need to conform to the standards of others. Which, ok. I'll give you that to an extent. But alot of what I've read was, everyone seems to ditch the stash because of fear. Fear of being caught. Fear of being harassed and judged. I don't subscribe to that.

Me? I'm awesome. I'm amazing. Fact. No one I know can talk down to me because I might look very silly or not at all feminine in a dress, it doesn't matter. What matters is, it makes me happy. Makes me feel good about myself. And no one dictates my happiness but me. If and when I do decide to get married, while I will take what my SO feels into my decision, ultimately, the decision of what to do is mine. I won't hide my dresses, blouses and other things. Will I have a place in my closet for it, sure. As I only dress in my room, the main dresser is used for my man side, the one who i need to dress quickly without effort on the go. Therefore, it makes sense my guy stuff is out, readily available where putting on my lady things take a bit more effort. Do I hide what I do from my family or friends? No. I simply decided not to tell them about it. Not out of fear, but having to explain who i am and why i do it to 50 more people is just a very large undertaking and I'm tired enough as is. =3

lets go shopping
    yes i thought i was just a freak of nature and got rid of everything i had hiding in my closet. the funny part is i put it all in the firepit in my backyard and had a big fire. i thought i could stop . but i was wrong .I soon replaced everything I wont do that again im ok now. lol that was about 12 years ago

Yes,and I regret it,I lost many a gorgeous outfit...never again!