Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever thrown out your "femme" belongings, then REGRET it!!??

I've 'thinned the herd' a few times, reducing my inventory by a few dresses or shoes I rarely wore, but only one time did I truly purge. That was the day after my wife of (at the time) 17 yrs discovered my stash and was dumbstruck/angry/upset/ etc. I showed her that she came first in my life and threw away everything but my pantyhose. The pantyhose were part of our compromise...she could handle me wearing pantyhose, but she couldn't handle me dressing completely. I was actually OK with that situation for a few years, then the urge came back. I started acquiring a dress here, a skirt here, and now have a small wardrobe that she doesn't know about. I feel terrible dressing behind her back again, but she just can't understand why I that ingrained desire won't go away. But that's a whole 'nother discussion!

My biggest regret from that purge? a lovely pair of leather pumps that fit size 11's like a glove. I've never been able to find another pair that were so comfortable since!
    Last edited by SandraInHose; 03-21-2011 at 07:32 PM.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Wink Ever thrown out femme belongings

I had a purge on the week end but it was all drab ! I enjoy that far more than purging any ladies clothes.I am determined to avoid purging my female wardrobe as has been done on a few occassions in the past.Yes some items need to go but mostly old make up and clothes that are are past their used by date /or unsuitable .
    Last edited by Pattie O; 03-21-2011 at 09:45 PM.

Done it and regreted it several times in my life, but not anymore, I have accepted the inevitable truth
    Last edited by Laura Evans; 05-12-2011 at 12:20 PM. Reason: incomplete word

Who among us older than 50 hasn't ? It's been a LONG time but yes on several occasions, hopefully our younger TG's can learn from our idiocy. I'm seeing the new generation becoming very savvy and short cutting our mistakes, becoming more self accepting & confident at much younger ages.

I did too

I once threw away a dress that fit me perfectly, and was really hot looking..I thought I was done dressing,,WRONG..I wish i stilll had that dress...I don't care who knows anymore..I'm keeping my dresses,,,,and my nightys..

Before I went in the service I had to throw everything away. It pained me no end because I really had a lot of neat stuff then. Couldn't leave it in my parents house because it was too small and the chance of them finding everything was too great. Had to wait over three years before I could finally dress again.

Crossdresser At Heart NatashaCD's Avatar
    I have thrown away my stuff heaps of times but not anymore

I havnt dressed for a few months now but I still have my stuff

Aspiring Member
    I have purged several times in my cd life. I wish I had that black all in one smoothie and the open toed heels. I loved those things. My mom found some of my stuff when I was at home. She asked me about it but just said put it away. I purged to make her happy

Aspiring Member
    More times than I care to say, now I just pack it away knowing the urge will come double or more.
    I really need to go ahead and convert a spare room into a walk in closet and keep all of my feminine things in there as my feminine self has more clothes and shoes than my male self does.

I will have to add my name to the list, but that purge allowed me to focus my thoughts on my true feelings and build my life as I wish
    Huggs Fiona

add me to that list, but it has been a few years now. I think it is part of the some what unnatural cycle we go through. The pleasure and excitement of dressing up then the guilt then the purge then regret. The key is to learn from it and realize that there should be no guilt and that purging won't make that thing inside go away. My tip - get a storage unit and if the urge to purge takes you, put it in a box, store it away and then you wont have to go and buy all those things away. There is nothing worse than trying to replace that outfit that you look and feel great in only to find you can't find similar

On Hiatus
    Even when I had the desire to purge, I didn't actually purge...I knew that I'd regret it, as the urge to dress would inevitably return.
    "None is more cruel and violent than the coward"
    -Italian economist and sociologist Vilfredo Pareto-

More than once. Dresses, skirts, heels, hosiery, a couple of open bottom girdles I would love to have back. One item I tossed which I truly regret was a beautiful red Cato long sleeve blouse. Pleated front, shoulder pads, hidden buttons. It was exquisite. Usually wore a neutral bra and camisole under it. Matched it with a black knee length pencil skirt, off-black pantyhose and black heels. Oh how I would love to find that blouse again.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahMarie42 View Post
    Even when I had the desire to purge, I didn't actually purge...I knew that I'd regret it, as the urge to dress would inevitably return.
    Yes, indeed. Sometimes, the hiatus is quite long (for me it was 8 years) but that old Pink Fog comes down and you get right back in there again. The reason I purged was that I was moving, and I was afraid that the box with my stuff would be placed in the wrong area, or get opened in error. I lost about 8 corsets, a dozen pairs of stockings, dozens of panties, a shoulder length wig, and other stuff, some of which was quite unique. I think I could have managed to keep the stuff somewhere else, but I wasn't thinking clearly. I won't ever do that again, though.

There is only 2 reason I purge:

1. Force to by SO
    2. Worn out items that I want to replace

I don't think roomate should be a problem as he has no business snooping around your things. If you accidentally left them around, so what if he found out. Is he going to throw you out or he volunteer himself out?

I purged one time (not of my own choosing) never again though will I purge.
    Amanda

I did it once, biggest mistake I ever made. I got rid of clothing, jewelery shoes underwear, EVERYTHING! That was the most stupid thing I ever did. Took the longest time ot replace all the items, never able to replace my favorite outfit---- one my wife bought me. One of the mistakes in Life, hope to never do it again!

altoid71
    well im happy to say as of now my roomates have moved out and im filling up the wardrobe pretty quick again. and the one constant thing i read here is that i cant take away the need or void i have to dress. im 26 now and while i care if people find out.....im NOT THROWING OUT ANYTHING!!! i miss some of my outfits BADLY. i had so many. female cop outfits and a lot of lingerie. over 2k of stuff. ive bought 2 sets of high quality breast forms. 400 a piece. there no FEELING like wearing breast forms. none period. We all fantastize obviously about being a woman and without forms.....while i like the clothing.....it feels empty. so next up i think im getting the new models at breastformstore.com...800 bucks a pair. REAL BREASTS link here: http://www.thebreastformstore.com/br...?cid=HomeRight and it will be the last set i buy. i want as real as i can get. anyone have reviews of these!?!?

No purges here. My mind is too logical I guess.

To me that is analogous with throwing away all your food, stove and refrigerator as a diet strategy. Or having all of your teeth extracted.

I stick with more rational behavior and solutions to my personal issues... like smashing my fist on my keyboard when it will not cooperate...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Can honestly say I've only parted (in a purging sense) with 2 pairs of panties over the years both at the VERY early stages of this... and it's kinda funny but I still wish I had them back, I suppose for sentimental reasons now that I've fully accepted and am enjoying being a CD!

Honestly I cant count the amount of stuff I have thrown out. Its been over a year since I've purged and have learned to just bag up my things and put them in my storage out back. Im getting a lot better about not throwing my things out, i can only imagine the collection I would have If i had never purged.

OMG Yes, i lost my favorite pair of F-me boots that way

Purges are so costly. I have found that by replacing all that I own of certain items has prevented purges. I own 1 pair of mens underwear for the off chance that I would need them. Most of my socks are women's it makes purging more physically difficult when after you purge you don't have underwear. I think that purges come more often when you are new to CDing once some level of normalty settles in you work through the purge. I still feel the purge need from time to time when it comes on I put on a less feminine pair of panties and remind myself that my true self is not the outcome of a purge but what I am when I am dressed.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

I purged a couple of times before I recently accepted myself & broke out of the closet D: costly! If someone was going through a meltdown I'd recommend purging everything into storage.
    xoxo
    lulu~

kittiebites <~ fb me

Commander Shepard Taylor Skyrim's Avatar
    I've never had the need to purge, but then I've only owned my own collection for less then 8 months and I live on my own.