Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Walk in the Middle of Nowhere

girl next door
    Dear, sweet Stephanie,

We all come here for many similar, or sometimes different reasons.
    Most of us keep coming back because that which we find is fufilling, or satisfying on some level. That is certainly the case with me.

This is the first time though, that I have ever read anything of true substance here. Your eloquence and introspection have created such a beautiful piece. Yet it gives us pause, and a chance to step back and look at life, and ourselves from a different perspective.

Thank you.

Tammi

p.s. I certainly hope and expect no one will take my aforementioned comment about substance the wrong way. this wasn't your run-of-the-mill panty thread, if you know what I mean).

Thank you Kew. |-) To me it's just normal.

You know, it was your own girlie who planted the seed for this in her thread, "Missing ....". She said she was lonely. I said I didn't know what loneliness was. Then I thought about it. (And now the clue hammer strikes this thick skull. I hope things are well between you two.)

Thank you Tammi! ^_^
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

simonbear7

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Lilith
    And very cute you look too.
    There seems to be an awful lot of people like us around here. I wonder if there is a connection between Aspergers, high IQ and crossdressing ?
    Hi, Simon here. I mainly hang out over at Livejournal, where I have just set up an Aspie_trans community because some friends of mine and I got talking (on IM) and realised we knew quite a lot of trans people. As I understand it,
    (and I may be wrong here), I see cd people as being 'somewhere in the middle', not cisgendered (gender as defined at birth) but not transsexual, but somewhere in the middle.

Obviously I'm also an Aspie, but I"m FTM transsexual. I'm on this board because I have a lot of cross dresser friends and also find that I'm attracted to the ones I know, whether they are dressed or not, we have much in common.
    Take care everyone
    Simon

Oh Dear Stephanie,
    its so good to share, and as you share your inside with us-so I share myself with you.
    I think that I know how it looks in your deep inside. I am married, have two great boys over 25, and I am very, very lonely.
    Its hard for me to communicate with people and I so do love people. Everybody in my town respects me, greets and smiles at me, and jet I am very lonely inside.
    I think there is not to much we can do about this, accept our fate, get a hobby, do sport....
    I also think it must be so much harder for you, being in a different world with your Math, its not so easy I think to communicate with other people, I hope I could be wrong there.
    Whatever happen in our lifes there is always someone who truely loves us - we just have to find this love....
    Feels with you my Dear,
    Norbie
    TRUE FEMININE = TOTAL WOMAN!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by simonbear7
    Hi, Simon here. I mainly hang out over at Livejournal, where I have just set up an Aspie_trans community because some friends of mine and I got talking (on IM) and realised we knew quite a lot of trans people. As I understand it,
    (and I may be wrong here), I see cd people as being 'somewhere in the middle', not cisgendered (gender as defined at birth) but not transsexual, but somewhere in the middle.

Obviously I'm also an Aspie, but I"m FTM transsexual. I'm on this board because I have a lot of cross dresser friends and also find that I'm attracted to the ones I know, whether they are dressed or not, we have much in common.
    Take care everyone
    Simon
    Yeah! there's also a mutual admiration society somewhere no doubt, if there ain't I'm sure you'll find one or start one up!

Love Angela XX

Thank you simonbear7, norbie, and Angela XX!
    Stephanie

Herumph!!

Quote Originally Posted by oohTammi
    p.s. I certainly hope and expect no one will take my aforementioned comment about substance the wrong way. this wasn't your run-of-the-mill panty thread, if you know what I mean).
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    As a regular contributor to the forum I must object, in the strongest terms, to the comments made by one of your members, Mz OoohTammi. I for one, have contributed many a panty thread which, I believe, were both beautifully crafted and thought provoking. It is only by truly understanding panties that we come to know our deeper selves. I have indeed explored this subject in many a late night session, pondering on the questions of the Universe and Panties. So much so that I have combined my theories into an all encompassing religeon "Eden and Panties...The True downfall of Man." It is this cavalier attitude to panties and panty threads which, in my opinion, has seriously undermined the quality of reporting in what was a respected forum on the subject.

Yours Sincerely.
    Mz Gemima Duck (BA Hons. OBE.)

[Sorry Stepahnie. You can have your thread back now.]

Thank you Stephanie for a very thought provoking post, for those of us who have not knowing came across the condition of Asperger, it gives a great insight on how hard it must be to a sufferer.

I must omit that I can "read" a person very quickly and I can't think how I would cope without that ability.

I can understand what you say about being alone but not lonely, I find that I am lonely in crowds and feel cut off whereas I treasure the times I am alone after a hectic day at work.

You have a great understanding of your problem and that must help you to cope now and hopefully in the future.

Mind of a Woman, Body of a Man, Life is a Bitch

Julie,

Katiegirl, thank you!
    Stephanie

Formerly lisameaghan :) Lisa Maren's Avatar

Hi :)

Hello Stephanie

Thank you for allowing us such a profound glimpse of what's inside of you. You're beautiful.

Girls, this post strays somewhat from the topic of crossdressing, so please forgive me? I want to reach out to Stephanie and Marla.

I can somewhat relate to you and Marla, Stephanie. I, too, have a very high IQ and I have ADD. There are three types: Hyperactive, Inattentive, and Combined. I am the Inattentive type. While ADD has several positives, it also presents quite a few challenges. I have a lot of trouble following group conversations, for instance. My mind wanders and that's it. I'm lost. As for odd replies, imagine the replies I have received when making a comment on something after the participants of the conversation have already moved on to other topics. My mind absolutely shuts down when I'm nervous and thus I've had problems with things from test taking to talking to a girl if I'm nervous -- and I'm always nervous around girls. That's probably fairly normal, but when my mind shuts down, it's difficult. There's more but I've said enough on that for now and besides, I try not to dwell too much on the negatives.

I will say that in another of my threads (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=15026)
    I brought to the table the theory that my ADD may have played quite a significant role in the development of my femininity and crossdressing. If the article I read was correct, my femininity and CDing could have arisen due to profound or total interference in the discipline, learning style, and social interaction that are supposedly most effective for boys -- more or less all of the basics of functioning as a boy. On top of that I was developmentally behind (small, immature, etc).

Anyway, I wouldn't change my femininity or CDing for the world now since they're simply too much a part of me to be extracted. It would be akin to remodeling a house by ripping out all of the bedrooms. It just doesn't work -- the house is then unlivable.

Hugs,
    Lisa
    Last edited by Lisa Maren; 09-27-2005 at 03:19 PM.
    [SIZE="1"]What lies behind me and what lies before me are tiny matters compared to the girl who lies within me.
    -- A twist on Ralph Waldo Emerson

To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive.
    -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Ubi dubium, ibi libertas. (Where there is doubt, there is freedom.)
    -- Latin Proverb
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, this will probably deviate a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by lisameaghan
    I can somewhat relate to you and Marla, Stephanie. I, too, have a very high IQ and I have ADD. There are three types: Hyperactive, Inattentive, and Combined. I am the Inattentive type. While ADD has several positives, it also presents quite a few challenges. I have a lot of trouble following group conversations, for instance. My mind wanders and that's it. I'm lost. As for odd replies, imagine the replies I have received when making a comment on something after the participants of the conversation have already moved on to other topics. My mind absolutely shuts down when I'm nervous and thus I've had problems with things from test taking to talking to a girl if I'm nervous -- and I'm always nervous around girls. That's probably fairly normal, but when my mind shuts down, it's difficult. There's more but I've said enough on that for now and besides, I try not to dwell too much on the negatives.
    Lisa, I checked your profile, expecting you were a programmer. Funny how some of us can do some amazing things with our brains and yet remain challenged with doing things others do naturally.

ADD. With me anyway, there are a lot of similarities to what you described, especially when commenting on a topic everyone else has dropped. For me it's a problem with listening. I listen, then I think. By the time I can respond, everyone else is off on something else.

I'll check out your thread. Thank you!!!!!!
    Stephanie

girl next door

My sincerest...

An Open Letter to Mz Gemima Duck.

My Dear, sweet Mz. Duck,

Well, I just don't know quite where to begin.

Having had several terrible bouts of rheumatiz lately, I had indulged in a overly generous dose of medication on the day in question. Now, with a clearer mind, I can see the aggregious error of my ways. So it is with the utmost sincerity, and more just than a twinge of embarassment, that I extend my heartfelt apology to you and other the other fine ladies of the forum, for my cruel and thoughtless commentary. Furthermore, I hereby pledge to redirect the tithing of 10% of my earnings to Eden and Panties, and to work tirelessly towards the advancement of the lofty goals of your organisation.

I can only pray that one day you will be able to forgive me.

Yours in panties,

(Ooh) Tammi