Thread: Easier way to take make-up off?

Hi girls!

Easier way to take make-up off?

I was experimenting with make-up this morning and I did the: pencil & liquid eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, base, and lipstick. But I was not able to find my eye make-up removal pads and I used a cotton ball with baby oil, now is this an ok mathod or shoud I have used something else? I did use soap and water at first.
    I did take a picture though I don't know if I should show it?
    Love,
    BrendaLee

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brendalee70
    I was experimenting with make-up this morning and I did the: pencil & liquid eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, base, and lipstick. But I was not able to find my eye make-up removal pads and I used a cotton ball with baby oil, now is this an ok mathod or shoud I have used something else? I did use soap and water at first.
    I did take a picture though I don't know if I should show it?
    Love,
    BrendaLee
    Baby oil should work, as nearly all cosmetics have a compatible oil base. I personally use a few globs of vasiline slathered, by hand, over my face, while paying extra attention be be sure I get a lot around my eyes and over my lips. The only prep I might do is a quick, simple rub of a paper Towell, to wipe off most of a coating of heavy lipstick. Vasiline takes off everything in about 30 seconds.---I then wipe the excess off with a paper towell---And THEN wash my face with a lot of SOAP and water to emulsfy the greasy coating---and my face is CLEAN.

Nothing wrong with using baby oil.

I use noxzema, but haven't tried it on a liquid eyeliner yet to see how affective it is.
    DonnaT

Baby Oil for me too...

Takes it right off......

I've used "Ponds" for a long time.. kinda like Noxema but mild on the eyes-
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "

GG/ Loving Wife
    Oil of Olay has a great line of facial cleansers with a little warm water they will foam up nicely and clean every scrap of makeup off including eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. I have also tried the facial cloths but don't feel they do a very good job of removing makeup but are great for exfoilaiting your skin.
    All this vaseline and baby oil is not very good for facial skin as it will clog up your pores and you'll end up with blackheads. Remember after cleansing to use a moisturizer!

Honey

Moisturize!

A foamy cleansing lotion does the trick and then LOTS of moisturizer. In fact do this every night after shaving, whether you've got make up on or not... All love
    "Keep on walking, don't look back..."

BE YOURSELF...
    "Worrying about tomorrow only ruins today" (Helen Boyd)

You can buy an eye bath to remove makeup. It is effective and safe to use around the eye.

Donna

thanks girls. some good tips here. have to pick up some baby oil.

Those Olay facial wipes are really good. It doesn't get rid of the nagging paranoia that you missed a bit, but they do work and they don't sting the eyes. And when you buy them, it doesn't have a HUGE arrow pointing to them with "CROSS DRESSER" written on it, like say......makeup remover or something similar.