Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does crossdressing ever get "boring?"

to me life gets boring.
    not that i am going to off my self. but some days why get up, but then i do work way too many hrs a day/week. could just be tired.
    and then again i do get up 4 hrs early just so i can dress before going to work. as i sleep in a nightie, under dress all the time, most of my "boy" things were bought in the woman's dept. only boy things are the required shoes, pants and top for work.
    so if dressing is boring. bring it on. as i like this kind of boring.
    this past week my mom even bought (i paid, will not let her pay when we go shopping) a new dress, just needs a "short" jacket to cover my shoulders.

Silver Member
    No it never gets boring for me, it gets frustrating not to be able to do it often enough, like now I would love to be fully dressed and I can't be

Gold Member
    Since I retired, and joined this forum; I dress more than ever. Still in the closet,
    but go out under dressed and in my fem jeans most of the time. A lot braver than
    I was a few years ago, and I can blame the forum for giving me courage and conviction.

Rader

The only time it's boring is when you can't.
    Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.

Banned Read only
    Does dressing in guy mode ever get boring? Guy mode is boring-white jockey shorts, white tee shirt, white sweat socks, black jeans and not much else. I guess all male animals except humans are the colorfully adorned of the species. Male mode is boring! I love choosing between my sixty-six dresses rather than picking up either my black or blue jeans.

It hasn't so far for me and I have been doing it for several years.

Like others, I'm not sure "boring" is the right word to use. At times it gets tedious, and there have been times when I'm all decked out and I think to myself, "Well, here you are again. Now what?" But it is still intriguing enough to me to continually look for new things to wear, and there is always an excitement about trying things on for the first time. And for every time the so-called boredom kicks in, there are ten other times when I can't wait to get dressed and get pretty. The thing is, with women's clothing, it's seldom the same ol' same ol'. There's a lot of variety to choose from, and usually an outfit to fit your mood.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I can only hope crossdressing does not get boring. I am very excited about it. I have a wife who helps me. I do not feel i can dress up enough. When I do it feels so wonderful and natural. I try to always have some article of female clothing on at all times, if possible.

I think it's super fun!

Never boring for me, much much more interesting especially since the beginning of this year (going to support group meetings, shopping enfemme, and going to a club!). Just think when you get to be the ripe old age of 56 like me! So much excitement!

Nope it never does for me.

I don't ever get bored wit the actual dressing, Sometime I do get bore while dressed, But not from the dressing, Just because I a couped up in the house and no-one else is around. That can be boring sometimes.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Nope, I always look for more outlets to go out & be me.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Never boring, the hardest part is deciding what outfit I am going to wear to work today and do I have the right shoes.

Never boring. Love shopping, dressing, looking in the mirror, just being self.

For me boring may fit to some degree at times; Routine is a better description.
    I have cycles or phases, and dressing when Im not really feeling it can be very routine.
    Maybe my fem traits are just on vacation sometimes :-)

I remember planning a nite out, and when it arrived I just didnt feel like dressing.
    Normally I spend a few hours,relax and enjoy doing makeup and seeing the changes; that nite I was ready in about 40 minutes and it felt like a task.
    Still enjoyed the evening, but it was more about socializing than being or getting dressed.
    Hard to explain but I just didnt feel "pretty" that night, it was like I was wearing a costume.

Also if I dress too much it can get routine and a little boring just the way Im wired.

For some of us, it's not about excitement. I crossdress because I feel 'normal' in female clothing, and a bit out of place whenever dressed as a guy. It's not 'boring', it just, well, 'is'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Never boring, always anxious for this am make up choice, clothes choice or what I may find in the stores.

It does get boring occasionally, but the fun always seems to come back...

Former Member
    No. Never has and I doubt it ever will.

Nope, it just gets normal. Perhaps that takes the edge off - not for me though. Still only really feel OK en femme.
    Stephie M

Definitely not for mee :-) I just can't wait to get home from my office job to get dressed from top to bottom :-)

Quote Originally Posted by il.dso View Post
    Well, certainly not for me.
    Just turned 50 and I'm enjoying crossdressing more than ever.
    I still love shopping for clothes, trying on new outfits,
    discovering new styles of lingerie, etc. etc. and, of course, learning
    from others on this wonderful website.
    So, for me, crossdressing never seems to get "boring" and
    I'm curious to know if that's the case for others out there?
    Same for me after 52 years of dressing it's still a wonderous adventure.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Yes it does. But when it does, I just go to the store and buy a new dress. Than, that borning day turns out to be a good day. You know how we Cross Dressers are. Shopping, shopping, shopping.

always girly and love it Linda St. John's Avatar
    I'm basically androgenous after 12 years of hormones and dress daily in a real mix of jeans and tops. I don't feel bored at all especially when I'm going out with some guy friends and I forget to switch the pink cami for a Budweiser t-shirt...no not boring !
    twitter : @ lindaesj