Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shortest time you would dress.

a bit nutty
    I never get time. It is usually broken into little pieces. Even when I do get a planned day, something always scrubs it. Shortest time? 7 minutes +/- 5 min. Get to put something on, then quickly rip it off. Ugh, life is so unfair.

Sometimes when really stressed and the pink fog is heavy a quick dress-up of less than half an hour is enough to part the fog and allow the focus back on the tasks a hand.

as long as i have time to put the stuff on and take it off i go for it!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Sometimes I'll get as little as 15 minutes if I've just returned from shopping en drab with something girly I want to try to make sure is the right size with padding and forms in place. If I'm going to dress and do makeup, please give me a couple of hours at least. If I'm going to add perfume, then I need hours and hours.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    One hour. My wife avoids going up stairs due to arthritis and fibromyalgia; however, she is quite capable of doing it. Therefore, I like to transform only when I know she will be at work or out of town.

Sometimes its less than an hour or whenever I can fit it in...going to try getting workouts in enfemme soon to see if that boosts the girly time. Now if I could only get used to this dang sportsbra, LOL.

Gold Member
    Any time is good time. I just might vary the quantity and effort based on the time available.

Living alone here I can dress almost anytime. Before work most mornings for maybe 15 or 20 minutes, dressing really starts the day out nice for me. Putting a bra, pantyhose and an outfit on feels so nice if only for a short time. In a perfect world I could go off to my job without changing. Oh Well ......

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Hi Sandygal...

I like to have at least 90 minutes for it to be worth the effort. It is nice to be able to sit down and relax wearing such things rather than just throw them on for the sake of dressing. Having said that, if times were limited one must take what one can get, yes?

My shortest time would be maybe 20 minutes before work in the morning. I would get dressed real fast and walk around the walking trail in the park. I live right by the park. I get a chance to fulfill my need to dress plus I get a little exercise.

With a house full of kids and work, I sometimes get an hour or two. I wish I had more time.

I get to dress fully normally only one weekend evening of each week. I do however dress in my nightwear almost everynight from early evening through to preparing for work and having breakfast the following morning. I love to prepare for the weekend during the week and if I have been shopping I look forward to wearing the new item for the evening when it does come.
    Christine1954

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I think I managed a rushed 3 hour session last year! That's probably my RECORD!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I take any time I can get, but sometime all it takes for me is to put something on and take a look in the mirror and that can be a huge attitude adjustment!

Unless it's at least an hour, hour and a half, then it's just not worth it to me.

I need 2 or 3 hours time dressed minimum, not counting time spent putting makeup on, or applying nails, brushing my wig through, ironing a dress or whatever, or time spent cleaning up everything when Im done.
    If Im taking all that time to get ready, then it has to be worth it.
    Samantha -x-

I need to have at least one hour to make it worthwhile. That allows 15 minutes for dressing, 15 minutes for taking the clothes off again and putting them away and just 30 minutes enjoying being dressed. Sometimes, though, I decide that it's too much trouble for too little reward. I don't do the make-up or the hair....that would take much more time.

Silver Member
    I too struggle with alone time too but would consider it well worth the effort for even 15 mins, just that feeling of total relaxing into my other me is so theraputic

I would however love to dress in the house with my SO, that would not bother me one bit, but right now she would have an issue, even though she knows

I need 2 or 3 hours minimum to dress. It is too much work to go with any shorter time. I don't dress unless I can do the makeup.
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

For a couple of hours, I will throw on a pair of Capri's and a tee, half a day, skirt and blouse, forms and maybe a week
    twenty four hours or more, then it's full make up, dress and heels. But then most time around the house, I'm dresses some where between under dressed, to mixed, male and female clothing, to dressed to the nines. Seldom ever find me in just male gear.
    Tina B.

Aspiring Member
    Great question.
    My crossdressing time varies greatly.
    Sometimes I can have an extended period of time, up to a full day,
    when I can try on several different outfits, feel very relaxed and totally enjoy the experience.
    Other times, I am SO desperate to crossdress and I only have about 10 minutes.
    I'll quickly get undressed, choose an outfit, look in the mirror, enjoy the transformation
    and then quickly undress before any one comes home.
    Time to dress...yet another crossdressing challenge.

When I was married, I usually only got an hour or two between when I got home, and when my wife got home, so I had to make do with that. Pretty much any amount of time is better than none.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandygal
    What is the shortest time some of you would dress for and was it worth it?
    [SIZE="2"]About an hour, and YES it was worth it!

I can get dressed up very quickly, in fact I’m trained that way, looking ahead for a short span of time when I can dress and enjoy the (brief) moment of bliss. Luckily, my presentation is not too elaborate, so I can change on the fly and alternate between drab and fabulous
    [/SIZE]

For me its got to be at least an hour, because it takes me at least 20 mins to get dressed and roughly the same the other side so 20 mins is not worth it.

I get a lot of opportunity to dress. But I have never stopped enjoying dressing even for a few minutes. Kind of like checking in with myself. ;-)