Thread: a little more "out"

Platinum Member

a little more "out"

Early yesterday evening my wife and I shared a bottle of Chardonnay on poolside patio. Since I normally dress at home, I was fully, tho casually dressed, in a brown tank top, bra and forms, white/floral printed linen skirt, stockings and slides w/2" heels, a little neclace and faux diamond posts, and light make-up.

We had nearly finished a glass each when our next door neighbor Barbara, a lady in her mid-late 50's perhaps, tapped on the back gate and said she had gotten some of our mail by mistake. To my surprise and some embarrassment, my wife met her at the gate and invited her in for a glass of wine. So, there I was.

I blush easily and I'm sure that I turned a shade or two in that moment. I started to excuse myself, but my wife said something along the lines of "Oh, just relax", and Barb gave me a big smile and said how cute I looked. I know she was just being nice, but I appreciated the compliment. My heart raced for a few minutes nonetheless.

Barb said she had known about my dressing for a long time. Over the years, she had often seen me dressed in the back yard . We've frequently chatted through the fence when I've been dressed, and I could tell what she was wearing, so she could see me as well.

She seemed unphased by my appearance. The three of us talked a while about my dressing, and then took conversation turned to the spring weather, the frost damage to our tropical plants we took a little tour around our emerging flowers and plants. After finishing a glass wine, she excused herself to get home to her husband. (He evidently also knows but apparently doesn't approve of my dressing) She left saying that she thought it was great that I could express my feminine side and hoped we might get together again some time soon.

Afterward I asked my wife what prompted her to invite our neighbor in. She felt that we'd been neighbors for years thought it would be fun to have at least one friend who knew about me, so it just seemed like a good time to get it out in the open. I remain somewhat surprised but appreciative.

hi honey that was a wonderful thing to have happened . you must be so please it went so well. and a lovely friend to have . take care love deanna b

Congratulations

I'm glad it all went well for you. I know my neighbors have seen me from afar, but I would probably die if my wife did that.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Platinum Member
    We've been neighbors for nearly 10 years, and I've been dressing pretty much full time at home for five of those years, since the last of the girls moved out, so there have been a lot of quick chats through the fence - she always went out of her way to say hi when we happened to be in the yard together. I kinda took it for granted that she could see how I was dressed - and didn't mind.

Honestly, if I hadn't those conversations with Barb, I think I would have fainted when my wife invited her in. Evidently, she and my wife had talked me before too, so being dressed in her immediate presence was really only a new thing, I guess.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kimdl, Glad everything went so well for you that's something you will not soon forget.

Orchid

My heart would have been racing too, but I bet you are relieved. It must be nice to be able to intetact with another woman adide from your wife, allowing you to just be yourself and not feel like you were hiding something. Thanks for the great post! It is a little inspirational.

April

Why is the neighbor always the first one to the first flower of spring! I'm happy for you! Hugs!

I am sure that there are many here who are envious of you and your situation!
    Hugs, Carole

Platinum Member
    It seems a pretty small step out into the world...but I guess its something of a leap for me!

Aspiring Member
    Kim, that was a great leap. It's nice to find little pockets of acceptance.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    You are a very lucky Gal to have a wife that not only is supportive of Kim but wants to share you with others. That it was your neighbor, I am sure after the initial hesitation, made you feel extremely comfortable.
    The Best,
    Rachael

Kim, I think that is fantastic, although a bit of a shock.....
    I know my neighbor lady has seen me in the backyard a few times, but nothing has been said. She is still very friendly to my boy side. Who knows maybe someday she'll be " in the know" officially.
    Hope thhis works out well for you.

Beth
    Oh, how I wish....

Gold Member
    It sounds like there was no doubt to you that she knew, you just may have not consciously admitted it. So the big part is the face to face. I think it is great to have a knowing neighbor! Good for you.

Platinum Member
    Sue, you're correct - I was quite certain she knew - but neither of us overtly acknowledged the obvious. I took it as tacit acceptance, but didn't push it, and for her part, I have to say she was awfully matter of fact about the whole thing. Another big hurdle for me. I am entirely comfortable living en femme with my wife and often go out in make up and mixed m/f clothing. But this was the first time I've spent dressed with anyone besides my wife.

My wife and I have talked about going out together when I'm completely dressed, but we've hesitated. This experience may help push us past another self imposed barrier.

Dianna Amelia
    How wonderful to have a neighbor that is so accepting ancaring enough to try and understand you. Congratulations on howyou handled it. I want to believe I could handle the situation with as much grace. Hugs

It seems to me that life would be so much easier and more comfortable if we could just let our friends and family know of our feminine side and dressing desires without a lot of harsh criticism or feelings. I would just love to be able to dress how I pleased around whomever was around and not have the feeling that I'm being judged and condemmed. Although, if I were poorly dressed, or had bad taste in feminine attire, I would appreciate their considerate comments, like...."that really makes your butt look large!" or "that much or color of makeup looks like a tramp".

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I have learned over the years that your neighbors know more about you than you might think. Your experience was good, but it does not hurt to remind ourselves to be a little more careful around the "closet door" so to speak.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!