Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do I say?

Quote Originally Posted by Makaila View Post
    With Veet or Nair I usually have to use an old washcloth to help wipe away the hair. A word of advice for you though: if you have sensitive skin (like me) I would recomend at least a week of moisturizing to prep your skin. Chemical hair removers are rough on the skin. Also, follow the directions on the bottle EXACTLY, as chemical burns to the skin can be very painful.
    Amen! to this. Be exceptionally careful NOT to use Nair or Veet or similar hair remover anywhere near your inside upper thighs. I got careless a few months ago, and some of the chemicals rubbed off onto a very sensitive patch of skin. It burns and burns, and nothing helps, not water, not sun tan lotions, not Oil of Ola, nor Vaseline. It was several hours of rather exquisite pain.

the happy camper
    I was extremely hairy, so there was no way that the people who know me would fail to notice. The only ones who have had the nerve to ask were my sisters. I told them I got tired of looking like a hairy ape. They just said 'okay' and then we talked about something else.

Do you suppose the first cave man who shaved off his beard was asked if he was a fag?

Gone
    Years ago when I rode bicycles even more than I do now, I also cared what others thought of my life choices. So, I had a ready excuse when asked. After about a month of that 'explanation', I gave up on it and told the truth: It feels good, I like it and it's no one's business but my own.

Renae

Mine have been shaved for so long that no one says anything. I rarely wear shorts anyway - even in the summer.

Rachel

When Life gives you Lemons

You just make lemonade!
    I fell on the ice this winter and had serious damage to one knee. When I visited my surgeon, he suggested that I shave an area about 4 inches either side of my knee,as he would be taping me up for a few weeks. I told him it would look pretty funny when the bandage came off so I figured I would just shave the whole leg. HE said "well if you are worried about how you will look, I would just shave them both!".

How's that! As far as I am concerned - Doctors Orders! Now all I need to do is break my chest and just an arm. LOL!

Back to the original thread post, I noticed my best friend shaves his legs, he's a body builder and that's common. Same with bike riders. Same with swimmers.

My legs arms, pits etc have been kept smooth for over 20 years now. Now at my age it is extremely easy, no one has ever said anything, I wear shorts etc. in summer. now even though it is light wish I could forever get rid of any traces of beard

Whatever you do, don't go overboard trying to explain it. The longer the explanation, the more it looks like you're trying to hide something.

Great thread girls. I was wondering what I was goin' to do this summer, since I started shaving just a few weeks ago. I was thinking that I'd use the ol' lighter fluid on the camp fire excuse I just made up but I like the "it just feels good" approach. I was born a blonde and never had any dark hair. I can't even see my eyebrows they're soo blond.

Oh well. Thanks for the answers ahead of time...

Renne...

IF anyone notices, these words: Because I like it.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I began shaving my legs about 5 years ago. I go boating, swimming, wear shorts all summer; no one, including my wife has ever said a thing about it, so I just keep doing it.

Gold Member
    I tried "My old college buddies broke into my house and shaved them as a prank". But then they realized I didn't have buddies.

Really, I like it is the way to go. It is quick and will not draw comments any excuse making will draw. Three words and it is done.

Enjoy your smoothness!

I tell the truth. My wife wants me to put lotion on my legs and shaving makes that easier. Our friends know of my wife's quirks in the skin care department.

just say you started ridding your bike, or swimming laps

Tell the truth -- no one will believe you anyway.

"Because hairy legs look awful in skirts."

Yeah, prob. the best lie would be that you're gonna ride your bike, seriously. - Which brings a whole new set of problems like, now you gotta get a bike, n' stuff!! Or you had some kind of rash. I dunno, you will have to invent something. Although shaved legs for a guy takes getting used to, it can be a strange (almost irritating) feeling, especialy if you are hairy. Buy an electric hair trimmer, and do the job gradually using Aloe Vera as well and also over time may not be such a culture shock to others.

Jannine. x

Quote Originally Posted by Jannine View Post
    Yeah, prob. the best lie would be that you're gonna ride your bike, seriously. - Which brings a whole new set of problems like, now you gotta get a bike, n' stuff!!
    Not a problem. I've been riding all my life starting with BMX, then I got a roadie, tehn a mountain bike, and now I've got another rodie, and mounted the old one to the triner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    I started shaving my legs for cycling. Now, "feels good" works for me.
    Ahhh cycling season is at hand, I can't wait to get back out therre and start logging miles again!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    How about this? "I find that often, I can get away without wearing nylons this way!"
    THAT honest answer should shut them up!
    I'd prefer the other wa arround, I'd say " 'cause long hair looks nasty under nylons"

Platinum Member
    same thing - most people won't notice - for those who do, just say you don't like hairy legs

Do as I do - I shave my legs and wear a denim skirt in male mode instead of shorts - with a standard men's shirt and standard men's shoes or sandals. Guess what - nobody notices that my legs are shaved.

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I dress to feel pretty Tina P Hose's Avatar
    I may give my winter legs a whirl this summer
    From Madrid to Montreal that underneath it all that Tina prefers pantyhose

Quote Originally Posted by lvpanties59 View Post
    What do I say this summer when I have shorts on and my family or friends see my shaved legs? I am already worried about this. I love to have everything shaved from the belly botton down. I hate the feel of hair. I have let the hair grow back on my legs for summer before, but I no longer want to. I would value any help.
    I've removed my body hair from the neck down (except for a small tuft of pubic hair) for years. And I wear really short shorts in the summer. If anyone says anything about how short my shorts are or the lack of hair on my legs, I just tell them, "When you have legs as cute as mine, you want to show them off!" I've never had anyone say anything about my shaved chest and underarms.

Incidentally, rather than shaving or using a depilatory, I suggest using an electric epilator. I use one all over and it works great. Although it might kinda hurt at first, after a few times, you won't even notice when you pull those body hairs right out! And you'll look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie86 View Post
    I was extremely hairy, so there was no way that the people who know me would fail to notice. The only ones who have had the nerve to ask were my sisters. I told them I got tired of looking like a hairy ape. They just said 'okay' and then we talked about something else.

Do you suppose the first cave man who shaved off his beard was asked if he was a fag?
    LOLOL!!! The first cave man that shaved his beard - too funny. And fantastic point! But there had to be a first, right? Too bad that first cave man who shaved his beard didn't also shave his legs. Everyone by now would be shaving if he had . . . .

You will be surprised how many people do not even notice. I began shaving my legs 2 years ago. I live in florida so I wear shorts a lot, and year-round. I have never been asked about my legs being shaved. If anyone does say anything I agree with JoanAz, just state that you prefer it that way. Shave 'em honey! And enjoy!!
    Vicky

Hi girls,
    Here in Aus. we're heading into winter so it wont be a problem for us 'Southern Belles' for a while. I have never had much body hair anyway, but shaving my armpits seems to worry me, because it can be uncomfortable. Shaved legs seems to be more acceptable than shaved armpits, but you simply cannot be a lady with underarm hair.

Jannine. X

Granted I have light hair to begin with, but I started shaving my legs about 18 months ago. I wore shorts all summer, and spend time in a gym. No one, including my wife has noticed. If anyone asks, I am just going to say that I like it better, beyond that it is no ones business.

Jaydee

I went hiking in the mountains yesterday. After I noticed one guy I passed on the trail had shaved legs, I started looking for more. Saw three more. That's 4 guys with hairless legs -- other than myself -- out of maybe 20 we saw on the trail... and there may have been more considering that some were wearing jeans, and a number of folks I simply forgot to look at.

I don't even know what the issue is. It's not going to be long before your friends razz you for being hairy, and ask why you don't shave. Seriously. Stop asking how you can bull**** your friends because you're afraid of them. Maybe you'll start a trend. Maybe one of your friends is spineless too, and is just waiting for someone to lead the way.