Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do I say?

What do I say?

What do I say this summer when I have shorts on and my family or friends see my shaved legs? I am already worried about this. I love to have everything shaved from the belly botton down. I hate the feel of hair. I have let the hair grow back on my legs for summer before, but I no longer want to. I would value any help.

The softer side of Sears JoanAz's Avatar
    If Questioned just say "it feels good and I don't care for Hairy Body"
    I live in lake Havasu and go hairless all the time, NO ONE has ever said a thing.
    JoanAz

I started shaving my legs for cycling. Now, "feels good" works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    I started shaving my legs for cycling. Now, "feels good" works for me.
    I was thinking the same thing, maybe you guys can answer a quick question for me, if I use veet on my legs can I just wash it off in the shower and all the hair will go with it?

The first thing that has to happen is somebody notices that your legs are shaved. Granted my leg hair is light, but in about 10 years of shaving and wearing shorts in the summer time, nobody has ever noticed that there is no hair on my legs, at least nobody has ever said anything, and that includes my kids (both grown now). Now the belly button piercing is another issue. I have managed to keep it hidden from my kids, so far.

Hope you have the same results as I.

Robyn

Just say it feels better, and in my case my wife likes it. When I started shaving, I made a comment to my wife that the hair was itchy. She said why don't you shave it off, and she didn't even know of my CD'ing at the time. Needless to say, she didn't have to say it twice and I have been smooth since. Rarely have I heard a comment from anyone.

It depends on where you are at. Here in Florida men with shaved legs have been a fairly common sight for a few years now and it is almost to the point where no one really notices unless you point it out.

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    I had a job as a Steam Pot oprator at a rubber manufacturing plant few years ago that was a very hot occupation even in the winter months...ywork station remained in the rang of 110 to 115 degree F range year round. I would break out terribly on just about any part of my body which was covered by heavier clothing. My physician at the time actually recommended tht I shave certain parts of my body to help keep the persperation down. Mainly underarms and legs...I of course relished the idea and jumped head first especially since being given a medical reason to do so. I found out later n that many of the men who worked in this area of the plant did the same thing and presumably for the same reason.
    Last edited by Wendy_Marie; 03-13-2011 at 02:10 PM. Reason: added statment
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Why do we worry so much about what others might think or say if they notice that we shave our bodies?

Do the people who enjoy sporting tattoos worry about this?...and body "art" is far more obvious than shaved legs or chests. In fact, some people have so many tats and seem to be so comfortable showing them off that they are probably verging on being outright exhibitionists. And yet, society somehow seems to accept that behavior and self-indulgence without questioning their motives.

I have kept myself fully shaved for over a year now and it has never become an issue. Even my wife has slowly come around and no longer gives me a hard time over it. It has just become part of who I am...

Maybe for some people, growing a pair and shaving off body hair need to go hand-in-hand .

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Why do we worry so much about what others might think or say if they notice that we shave our bodies?

Do the people who enjoy sporting tattoos worry about this?...and body "art" is far more obvious than shaved legs or chests. In fact, some people have so many tats and seem to be so comfortable showing them off that they are probably verging on being outright exhibitionists. And yet, society somehow seems to accept that behavior and self-indulgence without questioning their motives.

I have kept myself fully shaved for over a year now and it has never become an issue. Even my wife has slowly come around and no longer gives me a hard time over it. It has just become part of who I am...

Maybe for some people, growing a pair and shaving off body hair need to go hand-in-hand .
    Good Point about the Tattoos Leslie. I continued shaving my body last summer after some encouragement from the Ladies on this site. They were correct, nobody noticed (or at least said) anything!!! I intend to do the same this summer.

Danielle

I have kept my legs and underarms shaved for 30+ years and never once have had a comment about it! Summer time I always wear sleeve less tops and shirts weather I'M wearing shorts or not!

Quote Originally Posted by Jen.CD View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, maybe you guys can answer a quick question for me, if I use veet on my legs can I just wash it off in the shower and all the hair will go with it?
    With Veet or Nair I usually have to use an old washcloth to help wipe away the hair. A word of advice for you though: if you have sensitive skin (like me) I would recomend at least a week of moisturizing to prep your skin. Chemical hair removers are rough on the skin. Also, follow the directions on the bottle EXACTLY, as chemical burns to the skin can be very painful.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpanties59 View Post
    What do I say this summer when I have shorts on and my family or friends see my shaved legs? I am already worried about this. I love to have everything shaved from the belly botton down. I hate the feel of hair. I have let the hair grow back on my legs for summer before, but I no longer want to. I would value any help.
    Well dear. You just explained it to us quite well.

Why not say the same thing to any inquiry? You like it. You hate the feels of hair. It's cooler. Say whatever you like. It's NO BODY'S BUSINESS. Would you find it difficult to explain a new beard or mustache? Probably not. How about if you shaved your head? Easy, right? I like it!

It's just exactly the same for your legs, dear. Just exactly the same. "I shaved my legs because I WANTED to." "I LIKE my legs shaved."

It's your business and your business alone. Others will only be interested as long as you seem embarrassed and self concious about it. Own up to it and the interest will die a quick death.

S

I am naturally not very hairy specially on my legs which are virtually hairless I do wear shorts in the summer and in my 6+ decades nobody has ever mentioned them being hairless they do take the micky because they are usually not very tanned but hair is never mentioned ...........................
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

Like many above I think that the chance of you having to explain smooth legs is nil. 98% of observers will not notice at all. How often do YOU look closely at a man's legs? The remaining 2% who do notice are also unlikely to say anything. They will be cognizant of the fact that you might not want to be questioned about it.

The only situation I could think of that might turn out negative is if you have friends who are so adolescent that they will pick on any perceived difference from the norm. If you have such friends I would suggest you consider acquiring more mature friends.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I have had my legs shaved for the past 2 summers, and I'm in nothing but shorts all summer when I'm in guy mode, even at work and church. In 2 years I have had only 2 people ask why I shave my legs, and my response was, "Why not?"
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

Just tell them.... "A little baby oil, some plastic sheets and...oh sorry, but the hair gets in the way"
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Anybody who vocally expresses their nosiness/discomfort with shaved legs will likely be shut down pretty quickly with this: "Why are you paying so much attention to my legs?"

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    98% of observers will not notice at all. How often do YOU look closely at a man's legs? The remaining 2% who do notice are also unlikely to say anything.
    I disgree...

Quote Originally Posted by Robynts View Post
    ...nobody has ever noticed that there is no hair on my legs, at least nobody has ever said anything,
    This is closer to the way I see it.

A man with smooth legs is not typically seen. I believe most notice but very few, if any, will say anything. Accept that fact and things are much easier.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I can tell what happened to me the first time I did it (many years ago). I shaved my legs for the summer. When I first wore shorts at a friend's BBQ they were quite "short shorts" too and two GGs immediately noticed not long after I arrived. They asked me straight to my face right in front of everyone "OMG how come you shaved your legs?" The guys who hadn't noticed looked at me and said "what? .. you shaved your legs?" Everyone stopped and looked at me waiting for my answer. I just shrugged my shoulders and said "Yeah, I know it seems a bit weird, but I happen to like it. It's no big deal to me." And I left it at that. The immediate moment after I spoke there were few sniggers from a couple of guys and a few smiles from some the women, did feel a little bit embarrassed for that second or two but the moment soon passed and pretty much people forgot about it from then on. That's to say no one ever mentioned it again. What could they say? Nothing happened. It's not like (say) my sexuality somehow suddenly changed when my hairs were removed, like some sort of "Sexuality Samson" LOL
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 03-13-2011 at 06:37 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I have had shaved legs for several years now and also my arms. No one has ever said a word, but that it just feels good is answer enough.

This will be my first summer with shaved legs. So far no one at the office has said anything about my arms being smooth. I doubt anyone even notices. And if anyone does asy anything I'll take the approach of "it feels good".

Last summer was the first time I went out with shaved legs. I decided I no longer cared what my family thought if they see me with shaved legs. I noticed that my Dad has very little hair on his legs so I could say it is genes. Last summer, our families all gathered for a pool party and I was standing near some women who were talking about leg hair. One commented that my uncle has very faint leg hair, then they looked at my legs and said that I did too (I actually hadn't shaved for a few days due to this gathering). When they asked if I had faint hair or if I shaved, I told them that I shave and why. I have very thick leg (actually average) but didn't like all of it and shaved it off and I feel cleaner. They all sort nodded their heads like that made sense and the conversation moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by lvpanties59 View Post
    You've answered your own question (in bold and underlined by me). Just have the confidence to tell anyone who notices and says anything. It's missing leg hair they've noticed, not your secret so don't respond like they have.

Just as an aside, a complication of diabetes and/or poor circulation is quite often sparse or no leg hair. If you must offer an excuse medical reasons are usually accepted without further questioning.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How about this? "I find that often, I can get away without wearing nylons this way!"

THAT honest answer should shut them up!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!