Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How effeminate Are you??

How effeminate Are you??

When I am in male mode (bald) I wear low rise stretch jeans, girls tops, girls shoes, I get my eyebrows highlighted and they are in a thin arch, I have long arylic nails and wear hoop ear rings, I weaar light makeup and perfume. I usually wear a pink baseball hat, recently Imy wife took a picture of me and my dogs and I could not belive how effeminate I looked.. I really don't mind looking effeminate, I am 64 and many people know that I am CD , so what the heck

Do you think you might look a little effeminate in male mode with any feminine changes you have made or clothes you wear?

Joan, it sounds as though you might be retired..if so , lucky you! i would love to be able to be myself even when not totally in femme dress. It sounds like you may have the best of both worlds

I would say that i tend to dress around the house, but i can't bring myself to get the ears pierced or mix and match my girl and guy clothes...YET!

maybe someday

hugs

msniki48
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

I much prefer feeling feminine to beng effeminate, and when I must be in guy mode, I strive NOT to be effeminate. That's just me, though. To each his/her own.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

While clowning around with one of my old hanger jumpsuits I found that you can easily spice it up to be quite feminine or cool it down to be quite drab with just a belt and a few small accessories. However out in public I keep it as plain and drab as possible.

When in guy mode, and I am happy to be a guy, I do not wear anything fem.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissy Kay View Post
    When in guy mode, and I am happy to be a guy, I do not wear anything fem.
    Same here -- I'm quite comfortable as a guy, in all my fat, loud, cigar-chomping glory. But I still really enjoy my private time en femme.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I don't think I quite know what "effeminate" is, but I don't feel the term applies to me. My hair is below the shoulders and I have dangly earrings and I'm always wearing women's clothes (sometimes obviously, sometimes not) and carry a purse around with (some people recognize it as such, most don't). However, I do not, for example, fit the webster second definition of "marked by an unbecoming delicacy or overrefinement". Perhaps other people might think otherwise.

In guy mode I am not a bit effeminate. Only when I crossdress but I don't act like a sissy.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KrystalA View Post
    I much prefer feeling feminine to beng effeminate, and when I must be in guy mode, I strive NOT to be effeminate. That's just me, though. To each his/her own.
    Yeah, SORT of like Krystal!

Unfortunately, I rarely feel, and am really NOT effeminate. No matter how I'm dressed. But when dressed, I LOOK like a female! I would WISH for much more! But, when u get lemons----------
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 04-02-2011 at 12:04 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I don't find myself to be effeminate at all. It's just never really been a part of my personality or who I am.

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    Effeminate is a term I associate with certain types of (usually) gay males; the way they talk, gesticulate, move their hands and walk. I am not gay and as far as I can tell I am not at all "effeminate". I have never heard or over-heard anybody say that about me or hint at that. When I dress I strive to be as feminine possible within the constraints I have (eg no body shaving). I desire to look, move and talk like a woman, feminine but not effeminate.

In my mormal day to day, I think and have feelings like a woman. These are inner and never expressed externally.
    Last edited by Kathryn Philips; 04-02-2011 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female

In male mode I always try to act as macho as possible. (emphasis on ACT). Too many friends and relatives that simply would not understand 'Billie".

When I'm in male mode I am a slob with aggressive tendencies and anger issues. So no not effeminate at all. That's why I rarely go drab unless there is no way to avoid it.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    What one person considers effeminate, another may not, so to say if I am effeminate or not I guess is subjective .. but ... I would imagine most regular guys would consider me fairly effeminate. My look in boy mode is quite girly. I wear girls either boot cut or skinny fit jeans, a fairly obvious girls t-shirt due to the short capped sleeves and slightly scooped neckline (usually in a fairly bright color) if I wear anything on top, lately I've been wearing a girls hoodie .. again it's fairly obvious that it's a girls one due to the color (I have a peach one and a baby blue one) plus the material is thinner and softer. Add to this I wear mid blue and white Keds and a khaki baseball cap and gold stud earrings. I sometimes wear eyeliner and/or mascara.

My mannerisms are a little but girly as I tend to "talk with my hands" and I sit and stand in a fairly girly way, you know legs crossed or stand with my hands and arms tucked in close to by body etc. I'm a fairly quiet person too ... as add all this together and I suppose that could be seen a effeminate but I'm ok with. I like being girly ... even in boy mode
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Not really. I'm not even effeminate when I'm en femme, I'm just me, take it or leave it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Lucky you to be so effeminate! Though I like being feminine, and womanly, being effeminate
    can be a goal too...
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

I believe you just describe me! 'Cept I always have my purse with me!

Not at all. It's not who I am. I'm more the guy in a dress type. Strictly in house.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I strive to keep my gendered selves as separate as possible. We really have different personalities and mixing them together really doesn't work.

There are some crossovers that just can't be gotten around. One is the my wife (Tina's girlfriend!) just can't stand the cut of guy's jeans on my body. So, I mostly wear low rise jeans if I'm wearing jeans. Also, my eyebrows are in a bit of an arch and are a compromise so that they work in either gender.

I should note one other thing. Before Tina arrived 5 years ago, I was who I was. Now that I know the differences between genders in physical appearance, body deportment, and language changes, I'm more aware of which gender I'm in, so if anything I'm more "male" in male mode than I was before!

Must admit though, I have always been more emotional than my wife!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I don't think I am more effeminate when dressed enfemme than when dressed in drab. When my late wife did my makeup and fixed my wig I certainly looked very feminine!! But even then I still don't think that I was much more effeminate! I have always been emotional, and like Phoebe was much more so than my late wife!! I guess the fact that I have never wanted to be a woman has some effect! I just like to dress like a woman, not become one!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

When I am at work I try to act masculine sometimes with not good results, most of the time I am semi effeminate but is the way I always been regardless of clothes

I don't think effeminate is what you wear -- it's how you carry yourself.

And I think I can safely say, I don't carry myself that way... no matter what I'm wearing. I'm a growly, beer-swilling, power-tool-wielding sonofa--, even in a ball gown.

I think I used the wrong word...

Quote Originally Posted by Debutante View Post
    Lucky you to be so effeminate! Though I like being feminine, and womanly, being effeminate
    can be a goal too...
    That raises an interesting point to me. For what it's worth, some gg's are certainly womanly, but not effeminate. I've witnessed as much effeminate behavior from guys as I've seen from woman. There may be varying degrees. With that said; no, I'm not effeminate even in female mode.