Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Did you shave your legs?"

My wife is very skin care oriented. She often gets on my case if I don't put lotion on my legs. Because my leg hair causes that to be uncomfortable, I can trim and shave my legs. At present wearing hose exceeds Kathie's boundaries, but maybe...
    At anyrate I can hope.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    i kind of take the summers off from dressing, not much desire i guess. the rest of the time i like to shave my legs .

My wife is fine with it but I worry about other people. My workplace is very warm in the summer. Do you think, "It's just so much cooler." would be a good excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe P. View Post
    My wife is fine with it but I worry about other people. My workplace is very warm in the summer. Do you think, "It's just so much cooler." would be a good excuse?
    tell them you took up swimming.. and you shave to reduce drag when you're in the water

My girlfreind likes the fact i shave my leags and chest i only hate it when i have to stop shaving because i work away from home a couple of months at a time, but when i get home the first thing is a hot bath and a shave and its back to being me again

the happy camper
    The best excuse, the one that no one can argue with, is: "I like it better that way."

Do the people in your workplace stand around and examine each other's legs?

Of course if it's an adolescent boys club atmosphere you can say "My wife (S0, etc.) digs it, nudge nudge, wink wink!"
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

What great memories! I've been shaving my legs for 30 years. I'd just started dating a woman after not seeing her for 10 years and she suddenly said one afternoon that she wanted to shave my legs. As the day progressed and the makeup and clothes appeared she told me she had been secretly turned on by my secret crossdressing when we'd dated 10 years earlier. She had been afraid to tell me because of how I might react. Irony! Even though we eventually went our separate ways I never stopped shaving.

When my wife and I got together I started to let it grow in summer. That lasted a few years and now they're always shaved. She occasionally reminds me she wouldn't mind seeing hairy legs but understands. I do my best to keep them smooth so she doesn't have to rub stubble on the rare occasion I'm not in pantyhose.

I've tried lots of things to get rid of the hair and always return to the razor.

Ya gotta wahch lies 'cause the often come back to bite ya on the but.
    Firstly, she could have freaked out not wanting to rub your legs for fear of getting poison ivy herself, in which case she would have not had the chance to realise she liked the smoothness.
    Secondly, after lieing about somthing, (especaily somthing bad like PI) Karma will likey give it to ya!

On a side, and unrealeted note, whenever I hear the words "poison ivy".. I think of the Batman villaness... Then I think how cool it would be to be Poison Ivy for Holoween.

Oh, I'm not lying about the poison ivy. If I didn't feel many of you would be quite disgusted, I would post a picture. They are very unattractive legs though. Scars from many years of playing soccer(football) and knee surgery have left me with legs that can only be admired from under leggings or hose. And, having them shaved has relieved a lot of the itch, removed the top of the ivy blister and I rubbed them down with rubbing alcohol afterwards to help dry it out. Once they clear up I will get another good shave in and get a couple pictures posted up for everyone

My girlfriend shaved my legs for me first. I tried doing it before but I was a bit afraid to do it. Although who would notice so why did I worry lol..

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    Have not shaved my legs yet but looking at doing that next. I do shave underarms and some were else. My wife loves it and has helped, she has also is thinking about shaving my legs not a lot of hair anyways LOL!
    Trisha

I took a nice hot bath last night and shaved my legs after I read this post, wow it feels absolutely wonderful, Its been a long time. E

Gold Member
    If you get questioned at work while wearing shorts (and you shouldn't), then say it certainly looks more professional than overly hairy legs. Although I always prefer "I like it".

I too can't wait until the fall so i can start shaving my legs, chest and underarms again. It was something we both agreed upon.

I have to, or I would not feel or act feminine.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darla_g View Post
    I'm sorry but that poison ivy excuse is one of the lamest excuses I think I've ever heard.
    That's was my first thought too ... but then I guess if she buys it, c'est la vie! I do actually believe that a person's wife would be into it as I'm actually married to one! My wife hates with a passion hairy partners, and so smooth hairless "skin to skin" is nice for her. I can see how other GGs might feel this way too.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Platinum Member
    My wife had a similar reaction the first time I shaved my legs. Of course, she already knew that I was a CDer, but I think she was surprised how nice and sexy smooth legs feel.

After reading all your replies on this matter I decided to shave my legs for the first time today. Wowwwww now I know what you mean. My legs felt really smooth and silky after applying the moisturiser. After dinner I put on a pair of sheer stockings with my nightdress and was complimented by my wife on how good my legs looked.
    She realised that I had shaved them before she got home and pointed out two areas that were not quite hairless. She insisted that I complete the task and assissted by shaving the areas for me as I could not easily see the areas in question. I replaced the stockings and I think she actually enjoyed the sight of my legs as several times this evening she stroked my knee with an approving smile. It appears that she may be accepting me as a crossdresser a little more.
    Thanks for your inspiration, Christine

Princess in the making SandraAbsent's Avatar
    Hair = Gross. I hate it I have been shaving my entire body for some time now. Until I can afford to have if removed permanently I will bare with some of the down sides to shaving, but it will eventually be all gone. Here is a little secret too shhhh...LOTS OF GUYS SHAVE!!!! Not only CDs. I do agree that shaving legs is a secret women don't want guys to know about. There is no better feeling (well maybe there is) than having nice smooth shiny (keeps those legs moist!) legs. In terms of my stomach and chest it just feels better. My arms well just don't look very femme unshaven although it doesn't sell me out as a transgender. Armpits and other private areas? Well here is my feeling. 1. Its nice to be smooth 2. These tend to be areas of hi perspiration and it evaporates faster when not fighting all sorts of hair so it is just more hygienic and sanitary.

Always happy to contribute to another shaving thread!!!

Little story here, the first time I was ever outed about shaving my legs I said to my sister that so much hair rubs off from my pants that it just looks funny. Poison Ivy???? Bit of a stretch, but not too far
    Life inside the music box ain't easy
    The malots hit the gears are always turning
    And everyone inside the mechanism
    Is yearning
    To get out

http://sandra-absent.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christine1954 View Post
    She realised that I had shaved them before she got home and pointed out two areas that were not quite hairless. She insisted that I complete the task and assissted by shaving the areas for me as I could not easily see the areas in question.
    You've a great wife! Make sure she has many opportunities to enjoy your legs!

I hate missing those awkward spots too. Since I started using an epilator it has become somewhat easier to get the strays in those odd spots.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

As a crossdresser having shaved legs is a vital requirement especially when going out. When I dress I strive to create a presentation that is gender complete, and hairy legs would only ruin what I like to think is an artful expression of my famale self.
    After all, many of us put a lot of care and effort into our female presentation, and displaying hairy legs would be analogous to adding a splotch of paint to an artist's painting.

Quote Originally Posted by millie04 View Post
    Wife has no idea about my alter personality but I am trying to dig up the courage to tell her.
    .........Well after her rubbing her feet and legs all over mine for a few minutes she says "I think I might be a lesbian, all these conflicting feelings, I really like this." I couldn't contain myself. I think I might have an out for shaving them from now on.
    Not only an out for shaving, but if you play it right, an out for dressing. She "thinks she might be a lesbian" is the key here. Ask if she would like you to wear a bra or panties or a wig next time you get close. Take it one step at a time. Let her buy things for you to wear.

I sure wish my wife would say something like that!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Xandria View Post
    tell them you took up swimming.. and you shave to reduce drag when you're in the water
    As someone else posted, the lies will come back to bite you. If you told people you took up swimming but didn't, what are you going to say when someone starts asking about your swimming?

I like it, I'm too hairy, my wife likes it, these are better and no lies involved
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Go watch any current tv where they aren't trying to show the man as slovenly and I bet he's clean shaven.

Any show on Mtv, the guys never have body hair, just watch some of the spring break stuff!