Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Did you shave your legs?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Beth View Post
    Sounds familiar, my wife hated the stubble a day or so after shaving so I've been shaving for years. Be careful, next thing you know you'll be painting your toe nails too.
    I already do. I love a French pedicure. Red is nice too. Billie Jean

I shave because I do triathlon. Pick up any cycling or triathlon magazine and all the guys are shaved. It makes getting the wetsuit on and off so much easier, and it's part of the culture. My legs look great--all muscle and tanned in the summer. I shave everything. Didn't start tri for the shaving, but it was a huge added bonus

I'm divorced now, was married for over 10 years and never came out to my wife. I know, my bad, but I'm glad now I didn't come out to her because she would have brutally outed me. The shaving came up a couple of times with friends and family and she defended it because of the tri thing.
    Last edited by Leelou; 03-24-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Shaved my legs last year for the first time. Stopped in march so they could grow back. This winter I've been epillating everything (legs,arms, armpits). Thank god I'm smooth on my chest. I'm serious considering doing in the summer as well. Wife doesn't say anything and knows. Her piercing eyes will soon come back to get me to stop for the summer. If she doesn't have a fit i will continue. What ever me her happyy I will do.

Well I thought I would throw in my 2¢ on the subject. I have shaved my legs intermittently over the pasts two winters as many others have done. However this past summer I had to shave them. As I was going through raft guide training, having my legs rub against the side of the raft caused my hair to knot. These knots are painful whenever you move your legs. So, I ended up shaving my legs and getting a better tan in the process. I know it is bad to generalize but, raft guides usually fall into one of four categories .
    i)they shave their legs
    ii)they wear womens leggings (very high percentage of guides are technically cross dressers too)
    iii)they have patches of hair permanently missing from their legs (not necessarily bad as it gives you and 'out' the rest of your life)
    iv)they are a new guide and you do not want to get in their boat
    The few people that did propose the “do you shave your legs?” question were very accepting of my reasoning that I guide class II-IV rapids. It is even a good way to start a conversation with woman that is OK with or into a guy having some feminine traits! Many kayakers have shaved legs too, for the wet-suit reason mentioned previously mentioned. In terms of swimmers, I have a roommate that swam in high school but to my knowledge doesn't now, but still stays shaved as a matter of personal preference. Lastly addressing the whole body shave, I tend to sweat less with less hair. I originally did my back at a girlfriends request(she might have been a sadist as she enjoyed giving me a waxing way to much), but having my arm pit hair shaved or trimmed greatly cuts down on retention of body odor.

Belle

I guess I could throw some additional info out there, I've been shaving over 20 years.
    During that time, I can think of only a handful of times where it was mentioned (twice by medical people). Most people don't notice, most that do don't care.

I'll say this, lacking body hair IS cooler (no wonder women are always cold!).
    You don't sweat as much, and when you do it evaporates faster as there is no hair to retain it. Think about it, what dries faster, your head full of hair, or your body?

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyJane View Post
    Smooth shaved legs are a secret women don't want men to find out about. Really, once you start shaving them you won't ever want to be hairy again.
    Isn't that the truth. I had LHR several years ago. Never had any comments about my legs except once a friend asked if I was part Indian (e.g. Native American). I told him I was 1/16 Seminole - which is the truth. He said, "Oh, OK." Nevermind that I have enough hair on my chest for two gorrilas.

hanent shaved in forever!

reading this and all the comments has me so wanting to shave again. last time i actually waxed and it felt so good! i miss the feeling. My SO is away for a year and she wouldnt care but its hard for me to have the courage to do so. Still feel like im gonna get busted or being that its spring and if i wear shorts at work im so busted....

I let my leg hair grow back last year as my SO that it would be best with the warm weather and shorts. This year she wants me to leave my legs hairless all year. I am going to try it out . I am worried about wearing shorts out in public. I am going to start by trying it out at an area a few miles from my home and notice others reactions. If it doesn't work out right, I assume I won't know the people and won't see them again so no big loss.
    I am thinking about buying an epilator to help the hairless time to last longer. I have had my legs waxed a couple of times. I hope the sensation(pain) will be less as I am a little comfortable with the waxing now.

Why do we worry so much about what other people think? It is our body and our legs. What about people that are covered in tattoos? Do they care what other people think - no, they live their own lives and don't give other folks power over themselves. There is something to be learned from them about being truly free.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

I started shaving my legs way back in my 20's. back then I would only shave them during the winter months. This went on for many yrs. But finally one day when i was in my late 30's. I just decided to go full time smooth. Funny thing though. After all those yrs of shaving, I noticed that there was very little hair that would grow back anyway. Now in my mid 50's, I am almost "naturally" smooth. very little hair left to shave. Just in a few spots. I can complete my leg shaving in no time at all.
    Has anyone else noticed that as they age, they have less hair on their legs? Or am I just lucky?
    Oh how I remember back in my younger days, not being able to keep my legs somooth in the warmer months, and seeing my legs in nylon stockings with that hair matted underneath. Such an awfull look. The when the Fall weather started, shaving them again, and that wonderful look and feeling of wearing my nylons with smooth legs.
    it is so true. Once you shave them, you will never want to go back to hairy legs, especially if you wear nylons regularly....

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle123 View Post
    ........... Has anyone else noticed that as they age, they have less hair on their legs? Or am I just lucky? ....
    I think you're lucky. If anything, I seem to be growing more and thicker body hair as I age. It might be the testosterone replacement therapy I'm taking but there's no mention of that as a side effect of the medicine.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    Why do we worry so much about what other people think? It is our body and our legs. What about people that are covered in tattoos? Do they care what other people think - no, they live their own lives and don't give other folks power over themselves. There is something to be learned from them about being truly free.
    People have tattoos so other people will notice them. They are calling attention to themselves.

As for caring what other people think, it's human nature. We wouldn't have to replace our clothing every year to be "in style" if we didn't care what other people thought. We wouldn't wear heels or bras. We wouldn't bother styling our hair, we would shave it off.

You're not going to excape it.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I just love my legs shaved smooth when I see pics that some have taken of themselves with hairy legs I think how awful it looks

Have you ever noticed all these weight lifters and body builders there bodies don,t have a hair to be seen anywhere and no one thinks a thing about it.So I say shave the whole body and enjoy the feeling

BUSINESS DRESSER FAVORITE HEELS's Avatar
    Andrea love your shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Shaved My chest down to the bra line(top one) thats all I can do and my feet the wife is ok but on the fence about my legs.I wear panty hose the pull my stockings up over those the hair is light so Its hard to see.i will have to be happy with that.

I shave my legs every week. it feels so nice when I do and makes me feel more feminine.

I love when my legs are silky smooth. I do remember several similar conversations like yours when previous gf's would notice my legs... Luckily I am a cyclist so I have a good excuse.

I tried shaving my legs years ago and after my first time, I new shaved legs was such a wonderful feeling that I would not stop! it feels wonderful and if you really look around athletes cyclists swimmers body builders runners often shave their legs for their sport, really? maybe? I do it because it feels wonderful and fem and I enjoy it when dressed in fem and when not! My wife rubs the legs in bed also like others have said, no complaints. Whatever the reason there are so many men who do it! if you really look around I do not think it attracts that much attention unless you have really nice legs then I suggest a nice smile!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie909 View Post
    I hate seeing hairy legs on a woman OR a man. They are just gross. I hope one day in the future men will get the message; if you want to look REALLY good....shave your legs!
    Why does most of the world think men have to be hairy. I enjoy shaving everywhere but the top of my head and only wish I had started years ago. You just can't beat that nice clean feeling.

Let's say its the summer and you're in full fella mode and it's hot out.. even then I have my legs shaved.. and even if I won't be dressing or wearing hose for a while, I still enjoy having smooth legs. I ride a road bicycle quite a bit too (lycra shorts, full kit the works), and shaved legs just don't look good in that regard. But, I've never really had any one mind that I shave me legs. The girls I know, just want to come up and feel my legs.

My partner (of 11 years) is trans and of course fine with everything I do... I wouldn't have it any other way...

But even in college, I wasn't afraid of having shaved legs. I don't think it's too far out there at all, part of my regular hygiene at this point (just like under arm/pit hair shaving)

I shave myself all over every day in the shower. It's a kind of compulsion. I can't stand having any body hair other than on top of my head and a little under arm. I hate 'the prickles' when hair is starting to come back, just have to get rid of it. I wish there was something one could apply once and get rid of the hair forever -- I'd smear it on in a flash. I can't remember anyone ever commenting on my bare legs, arms etc when exposed in the summer or at the pool. My SO doesn't mind as I'm out with her for a long time now. Only my doctor said something once, but he thinks I'm weird anyway -- Otherwise, no one seems to notice or care.

Allana

That's great, glad she likes it, I have been shaveing my legs and chest for years and not one person ever said anything about it

I'm echoing a few previous posts, but my wife both enjoys and worries about my shaved legs. I swear that if she could, she would lock up my shorts until it grew back. As it stands, I look forward to November through February - before I have to put the razor down.

Any material scientists out there that can make pantyhose with attached hair? Feels right on the inside - looks right on the outside. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hunterloveshose View Post
    and UNSHAVED shaved legs just don't look good in that regard.
    Got that wrong... I fully endorsed shaved legs cause they look GREAT in bicycle shorts, etc.
    duh.

I been shaving from face down for last 30 yrs. and my wife loves it.