Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do I want to be a woman?

Why do I want to be a woman?

I don't mean transitioning/srs. I don't even mean "all things considered". What I mean is, assuming for a moment that you have felt at any moment the desire to be (whether forever or for just a moment) a woman, why do you think you felt that desire? I do not intend for this to become a discussion about whether all crossdressers fell a certain way or not. If you haven't ever or don't feel this desire ever, then please don't feel you need to respond to let me know that or to let me know the reasons you crossdress, etc. An example response that has understood my question would be like this (and this is one of my actual answers):

"I sometimes want to be a woman because I want to use a woman as an object (to look and and enjoy sexually) and I can't/won't actually do that, so I use myself."

How about you?

Because I want to believe in the beauty of things.
    xoxo

Because I derive no sexual pleasure from this (mostly) useless hunk of flesh that hangs between my thighs...

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Because it is only my body that doesn't know that I am a woman
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

For me, there are two reasons I can think of ....

I think the female body is the perfection of the human form. The male body is "form follows function." The female body has such beautiful curves. Sometimes I'd like to have that beauty myself.

Secondly, I think another reason might be that I'm missing out on half of the human experience. It can be a whole different world from another perspective.

For me i believe i like being like a women because they have beautiful curves, softest of skin and a gentleness also my brain thinks in a feminine way so i cannot help but wish to be like a woman as my mind is wanting this, guess its been siad before a womans mind in a mans body, it can be torturous at times trying to understand this myself let alone a GG

Untitled
    Being a woman is not about taking those little bits that you perceive to be "feminine, desirable or even an object of desire" it is about you the person and how you feel, I don't want to be a woman, despite natures cruel mistake, I am a woman.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Because i have always thought and acted like a Girl and would like my apperance to reflect my true self

Hi.

I am a woman, so , i dont need to wont to be a woman & those of us who are ,,we are all still different & to be a woman you need to grow as one.

...noeleena...

I used to think I wanted to be a woman but then I realized what I really wanted was to be myself. There is a difference.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I want to be a woman because I want to fell like a feminine person ,I want to be smooth and soft between my legs,I want my pantyhose to fit,I want hips and a nicely shaped bum,I want to have to wear a bra for support,I want to be without muscle or aggression or testes,I want to be able to wear a dress or skirt with my nylon covered legs showing every day with my painted toenails in nylon in my ballet flats or heels,I want makeup and perfume and hours under the dryer at the stylists,I want acrylic nails and dangly earrings ,I want to be a house wife to another woman .

Yes, there have been times when I've wished I had female "equipment" for just a day or two, just to really know what it feels like to be a woman. I know what it feels like to feel "girly", but that's a whole different thing. I feel "girly" most of the time because I wear satin panties all the time, and bras most of the time. I just happen to love feeling this way. Why? If I had a dollar for every time I've asked myself that question, I'd be a very wealthy person.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

Different reasons:
    - Sexual gratification: by creating that woman in like and enjoying her any time I like. *This is how everything started.
    - Beauty: *wanting to be the most beautiful person I can. The ultimate beauty for me is a woman.
    - Fun: *trying to be that beautiful person implies two processes that I started to enjoy as i progressed in crossdressing: the process of building and growing a wardrobe (i.e. Shopping), and the process of getting dressed (here i think it is more the feeiling of thrill and danger, plus the gratification of a job well done when i look myself in mirror)

Aspiring Member
    Because I have always had this feeling in me all my life that something wasn't right about me. And in the short story I discovered that it was finding "me" which turns out to be a woman.

Girls can do everything boys can do and a whole lot more! And yes,some can even write their name in the snow! lol I know that I can never be a girl,so I'll enjoy playing the easy part of their wide ranging role.I am so very tired of the way boys are "measured" today."did he get it done?"or"did he make it happen?" or "what is he bringing to the table?". Women are "measured" in a whole lot better way.."she is such a nice person" "wow,is she creative!","she is so sweet!". I just want to be me and try to blend the softer parts together yet keep them firm enough to get by in today's hard world.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

It would be nice if my body match my mind! Than I'd be whole!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitt View Post
    For me, there are two reasons I can think of ....

I think the female body is the perfection of the human form. The male body is "form follows function."
    You may be surprised to find out womens' response to this perception. I was.

Quote Originally Posted by girlfan View Post
    I want to be a woman because I want to fell like a feminine person ,I want to be smooth and soft between my legs,I want my pantyhose to fit,I want hips and a nicely shaped bum,I want to have to wear a bra for support,I want to be without muscle or aggression or testes,I want to be able to wear a dress or skirt with my nylon covered legs showing every day with my painted toenails in nylon in my ballet flats or heels,I want makeup and perfume and hours under the dryer at the stylists,I want acrylic nails and dangly earrings ,I want to be a house wife to another woman .
    So, could I break this down into the following reasons:
    1. Because it would be more pure than crossdressing.
    2. Because I like the beauty of their bodies.
    3. Because I just like their clothes, accessories, etc.
    4. Because I don't like the aggressive male role.
    5. Because I want to play the house wife role.

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    I used to think I wanted to be a woman but then I realized what I really wanted was to be myself. There is a difference.
    Do you mean to say that your ARE a woman, or that who you are is best expressed the way women express themselves?
    Last edited by Sandra; 03-20-2011 at 05:13 PM. Reason: merged consecutive post please use the multiquote function

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I want to be a woman because it has always felt like the right thing for me.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Although I enjoy a lot of "guy" things, like golf and football, I am still very drawn to the softer, more aesthetic things in life. And as a man, I miss out on some things that women do, things I can't readily be a part of. For instance, my wife just went to brunch with her girlfriends. And while the guys do get to gether for beers and stuff, we don't do brunch. Add to that the fact that I really enjoy many, if not most, of the things that make up the feminine experience I get when I crossdress: the long hair, the pretty jewelry, the dresses, high heels, hosiery, lacy slips, the fingernails and makeup....It makes me wish I'd have been born female. Granted, being a woman isn't all lacy underwear and dresses, but at least it's an option for them, should they choose to indulge in it. And I'd like to experience sex as a woman, which doesn't mean having a man take me while I'm crossdressed. It means as a woman, vaginally. Women get to experience life as women, and we as men miss out on the whole thing. So taking each as it is, would I give up one for the other? If given the choice, I'd have opted for the female existence over the male one. I got the male one. So sometimes I really wish I'd have gotten the other one.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by ikthys View Post
    Do you mean to say that your ARE a woman, or that who you are is best expressed the way women express themselves?
    What I mean is I'm no longer playing the gender "game" and am just myself as a person. How I present myself at any given time is totally my choice. This is one reason why I'm moving on with my life and moving forward.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have often told my wife I wish could trade places with her for a few days! She said be careful what you wish for! I remember a couple years ago before I started dressing and going out -- driving my 'vett with the top off and seeing good looking women on the road and shouting (no one was within ear shot) I wish I were a woman! I now go out dressed and drive my 'vett and go anywhere and it relieves some of the frustration but overall I just admirer women in general however; I am a woosey and like my wife alluded to I don't want the down side of what women have to go through, I guess I am still a man first that loves women and their ways--------Debra

I've never been sure why I feel as I do. I've alway's wished that I had born female. I know that I'll never be one. But that won't stop me from being as close to one as I can get. I really don't consider myself either gender. I'm just ME! Trying to enjoy the best of both world's. I don't know how else to answer your question. Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    Add to that the fact that I really enjoy many, if not most, of the things that make up the feminine experience I get when I crossdress: the long hair, the pretty jewelry, the dresses, high heels, hosiery, lacy slips, the fingernails and makeup....It makes me wish I'd have been born female
    Do you think, in this context, that you like the clothes because they make you feel like a woman or that you would like to be a woman because you just like those clothes for themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Debra Russell View Post
    but overall I just admirer women in general however
    Me too! For me this forms a raw obsession that makes me want to emulate- to join!
    Last edited by Nigella; 03-20-2011 at 04:41 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Life experience can be likened to a department store. 70% is exclusive to females, 20% to males, and 10% to both. I want to experience the whole store.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyJane View Post
    I want to be a woman because it has always felt like the right thing for me.
    If I may press the issue, what exactly has felt right about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    How I present myself at any given time is totally my choice.
    Why do you think you would like to present yourself (from time to time at least) like a woman? What is it about the presentation of womanhood that draws you to it?
    Last edited by Nigella; 03-20-2011 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts, please use the multi quote button