Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spotted a guy shopping in the womens hosiery in WalMart this weekend.

Spotted a guy shopping in the womens hosiery in WalMart this weekend.

His legs were shaved and I gave him a knowing smile and nod. He smiled back and went to the panties. I rarely see this here in Tn at the local WalMarts but see it lots in Goodwill. Billie Jean

I rarely like anything they have at Wal-Mart. Perhaps I have expensive tastes?
    Last edited by Amelia; 03-22-2011 at 02:54 AM.

That's cool that you made a little connection there ....

And good for him that he smiled back, and didn't get scared or anything!
    ♫ I don't have to exist outside this place ♫
    Halley

I tried to go into a thrift store and couldn't do it... I turned around and marched out!

Are they nice? I have a hard time wearing other people's clothes.

Kind of weird! Am I silly?
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 03-22-2011 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Merged please us the edit button

I admire those brave enough to shop on their own confidently. I shop a bit, but I usually wind up embarrassed by the time I check out.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    I admire those brave enough to shop on their own confidently. I shop a bit, but I usually wind up embarrassed by the time I check out.
    I used to have that problem but now I think its fun to see how the cashier reacts. I have had a couple of rude ones but they mostly give it no second thought. Billie Jean

I bought some new mascara today and nearly chickened out because the lady in front of me was shooting dirty looks my way! Hopefully it will be worth the trouble.

I occasionally spot men shopping for women's things but they usually seem a little intimidated, so much so that they wouldn't make eye contact or smile.
    For me, shopping for women's clothing or makeup has become as natural as shopping for anything else. I have no problem with anyone knowing or suspecting I'm a cder.

Her in Australia we have Savers, - a second hand and pre-loved clothing chain, (I think Aus. wide) the range is mind blowing, the stores are huge and stocked to the rafters. It is easy to cruse, browse and purchase, 'cause there is so much stuff, and cheap! Because of the low prices, there are always some weird looking people there, so no one really takes any notice. There is a fantastic range, and everything is pre cleaned.

Jannine.X

Anytime I go into a store with the express purpose of buying women's clothing, I simply walk directly to what I want, look for the item I am searching for and buy it. Depending on how the person reacts when they question me will depend on whether or not I tell them it is for myself or it is a gift for my wife. I have made some real good "friends" that way because of my honesty. They admired the fact that I wasn't afraid to be honest about who I was buying that matching bra and panty set for. Life's too short to be concerned with other peoples opinions.
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I enjoy shopping in girl or boy mode. The big used clothing outlets such as Discount Village in Chicagoland[must be similar to the Australian version] are a crossdresser's dream..Anywhere,if dressers would just get over their shyness,they would find a lot more fun.Who cares what a SA thinks of what you like. At the least,it gave them something to talk about!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

My initial thought at reading the title of this thread was 'So what !?!'.
    He's only getting tights, they could be for his wife. You mentioned he had shaved legs ? Was he presenting female ? Surely you should be, if 'he' was, refering to a female ?

I consider the 'checking out' the most fun part!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe P. View Post
    I tried to go into a thrift store and couldn't do it... I turned around and marched out!
    I went to a Goodwill store to find a light spring jacket and the lady that worked there went to the ladies dept. and found me a very cute ladies jacket! I tried it on and wore it the rest of the day! Hugs!
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 03-22-2011 at 08:09 AM. Reason: merged - please use the edit button

Back in December, I saw a guy browsing the womens underwear wall at the local Target. He grabbed a pack and walked away. Later I saw him carrying one of the red hand baskets, with the pack sitting in the bottom. It was near x-mas so he could have been gift shopping, but something told me otherwise.

Of course I just quitely smiled to myself.

Thrift Stores
    Are they nice? I have a hard time wearing other people's clothes.
    Kind of weird! Am I silly?
    NO, you're not wierd, you are wise !
    I use Chlorox "Brand" bleach on all used clothes.
    On my large capacity washer, I fill it with 3/4 full of warm water, then add 1/8-1/4 cup of bleach, then some Tide.

*Important Note* Chlorox bleach is different than the Generic 5.25% Sodium Hyphchlorite Bleach.
    In industry we found it kills deep seated fungus that the generics will not touch.
    This was visible, you can clean with PH-12 soap, scrup with a stiff bristle brush, Un-Diluted Generic Bleach and the black fungus is still there.
    A simple wipe with "Chlorox" brand removes all traces !!

On synthetic fabrics such as polyester, rayon etc you can use the full 1/4 cup as they are "colorfast" fabrics.
    On cotton or wool, reduce to 1/8 or less. [smaller machines may need less]

You can smell fabrics and often determine if they contain certain types of bacteria.
    Some people leave clothes in the washer till they "sour"
    The only way to remove the smell is with UV Light[sunshine] Bleach, or a soaking in PH-2~ solution [Acid] Litmus Paper is needed to determine the strength.

A note on "Dry Clean Only" fabrics, after washing over 100 DCO fabrics, only one came apart, and I think it was damaged from exposure to another agent to cause its demise.

I have seen many, many brand new nylons and PH still in unopened packaging at second hand stores, and low prices.

I think the first time I bought female wear myself, it was a pair of speedo brand bikini bottoms. I hadn't considered buying such a thing for public wear, but found these in the men's section. I took them to the counter with the intention of just pretending that I hadn't realized, but when the SA asked if I'd tried them for fit, I said something like "not really my style" and then she looked and understood they were women's. Kinda stupid I know now, I mean who would buy such a thing for a GF without sizing? Since then I have often bought women's underwear, and a couple of times bikini bottoms, once stating straight out that I wanted a briefer cut than the men's selection had. When in the women's underwear sections, I sometimes get looks from female customers, I think mostly because they don't like the idea of a guy knowing what kind of underwear they buy, (?) I've hardly ever had even as much as a strange look from the SAs.

sissy maid
    lol. I tried to find stuff at the Mart that I liked, but was unable. I am a La Senza girl all the way. I beleieve they can tell that I am buying for myself, although I have never gone, and never will likely, en femme.

Depending on where the Walmart was it could have been me.

I have no objection to shopping in secondhand stores, the clothing is clean, the range is mind-blowing and charities need our money, more so than shareholders. I do draw the line, however at used underware, but in the stores new undergarments in so many cases are vastly overpriced for items mostly made in China. Which has led me in the past to shoplift. Imagine how the s..t would hit the fan, had I been arrested?? Well, I deserved to be, but I no longer do that. Since I have come out to my partner, I no longer care what others think.

Jannine.X

It wasn't me you saw but it could have been.. I shop Wal mart for things all the time.. most of my panties and bra's come from there.. have shorts and skirts from there... and panty hose.. i also do Kmart...Target...

I bought some new mascara today and nearly chickened out because the lady in front of me was shooting dirty looks my way! Hopefully it will be worth the trouble.
    I say shoot a dirty look right back at her ...

Who is she to think she knows that mascara is for you? And who is she to judge if it is?
    ♫ I don't have to exist outside this place ♫
    Halley

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Mmmm, guess I need to be more careful when shopping at Walmart......

I consider it a sign of politeness to not pay too much attention to what the other shoppers around me in line are buying. It's none of my business, or hers, really. Are you sure she was giving you the evil eye because of the mascara, or was she just a nasty person having a bad day?

- Diane

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitt View Post
    Who is she to think she knows that mascara is for you? And who is she to judge if it is?
    My vote is that she was just one of those people that shoots dirty looks at everyone. It isn't always about our dressing, some people are just ugly to others because that's the way they are.