Thread: Feminine Purse in Male Mode

Feminine Purse in Male Mode

Do any of you girls carry a feminine purse in male mode? As some of you know, I incorporate feminine items into my look but I don't try to present as a woman. I guess I would be considered gender queer or something like that. It is just who I am - not male, but more female than male. I purchased a really pretty bright red purse today that perfectly matches my red open-toe sandals and both the purse and the sandals match my OPI Big Apple Red pedicure. Even though I don't present as a woman, everyone can see that I am definitely playing for the Girl's Team.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Banned Spammer

Surrender to the Purse

I have some man bags and some purses. Honestly, I like the purses better and am beginning to use them more often. I expect I will eventually use them exclusively. I currently have two red purses, one shoulder bag and one handbag.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    I incorporate feminine items into my look but I don't try to present as a woman. I guess I would be considered gender queer or something like that.
    This is how I am when I am not at work but not dressed fully en femme either. I like feeling feminine and I don't need to "go all the way" to get that feeling (although going all the way is what I like best )

I haven't gotten a purse/handbag for my (girly) boy mode yet mostly because my confidence levels fluctuate quite a bit. When I'm feeling super confident about myself I can carry the same purse I do in full on girl mode (and have done so a few times) but when I'm feeling less that confident or non-caring about how people perceive me then I don't carry a purse/handbag and sometimes I don't even wear eye makeup or particularly feminine clothes. I want to get there but I can't sometimes.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I frequently carry a fairly plain black leather purse in male mode. No one has ever commented about it, or even the wallet I carry inside it, which was a gift from a crafty friend of mine and has images of high-heeled shoes and boots all over it. Then again, they probably have me all figured out after seeing my nails and makeup, so they don't need to say anything.

- Diane

I have a pink and black gothy shoulder bag that I carry fairly often, along with a black purse that looks like a miniature shoulder bag. I dress in almost entirely feminine apparel on a regular basis, even when not presenting as female. As of today, all of my jeans are women's and only 4 of my tops are specifically male. All the shoes I wear on a regular basis, my running shoes, hiking shoes, work shoes and goth boots are all from the women's section. I own two pairs of men's underwear, for when I stay overnight with family or have a doctor's appointment, but I'll be dumping those as soon as I move to Oregon and start transition.

I walk the fence with this:

http://cloud.timbuk2.com/static/imag...all.barley.jpg

When I started carrying it all the time I had one comment from a male-mode friend: "Got a purse, huh?"

My response: "Yep!"

That was it. Sky remained above my head, earth didn't open beneath my feet.

Eryn
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I carry a purse no matter what mode I'm in! I may carry one then next week switch to another! I always have my make-up in my purse! I do not own a guys billfold!

That's something i have been toying with the past few months. I can't muster up the courage to do it though. I've looked at them which a couple years ago I would never had done. I'm progressing but courage still not their.

Aspiring Member
    I carry a woman's zip wallet all the time. No one at work says anything about it. When en fem I put the wallet in a purse. Leanne

It always confuse`s me when you say " purse" as that is a thing that we carry are money in that gos inside of a shoulder or hand bag , i use a shoulder bag most of the time as i do not like being restricted with carrying a hand bag but saying that i am quite often left carrying my wife`s hand bag while shopping and i try to carry that like a shoulder bag , not easy with short straps,i find i end up trying to hold it there with my thumb so i end up with two bags (purse)
    What ever happened to the wrist bags , the ones that just have one strap to go around your wrist , i still have a black one but hardly ever see anyone carrying them now .
    Last edited by Joanne f; 03-23-2011 at 07:04 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Depends on your amount of fortitude I guess and willingness to put up with any negative comments.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I worked with a guy once who was pretty much into trying to impress everyone with his style. Fancy clothes, fancy car, etc. He didn't impress anyone with his work but that's another story.

Anyway, one day he shows up with a male purse or as he called it a "pantless pocket". We teased him about it all morning.

We went out to lunch, me, him, and two females. When we finished and were walking down the street, the waitress, came running out with his "pantless pocket", saying "Your purse, you forgot your purse"!

He never brought it to work again.

To answer the original question, No, I do not carry a purse in male mode.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I have two that I use on a daily basis everywhere I go. One is very similar to Eryn's and the other is just a "wallet on a string" http://www.eaglecreek.com/accessorie...D-Pouch-40509/

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    Honestly if society did not have a problem with it more men would carry man bags. I have a friends that does and he carries his shetch book, wallet, keys, and other important things he needs. I see nothing wrong with it, more men should carry one. Back in the olden days men carried one.
    Trisha

Lightbulb

Society does not have a problem with it, and if they do, who cares!!? It is not illegal. If you travel to Europe or Asia you will see many men carrying purses. We need to stop worrying about what others may think - we can't control it, so why worry about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Longing2be-Trisha View Post
    Honestly if society did not have a problem with it more men would carry man bags. I have a friends that does and he carries his shetch book, wallet, keys, and other important things he needs. I see nothing wrong with it, more men should carry one. Back in the olden days men carried one.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

I find that carrying a hand bag is very useful we need to carry more with us every day so I got to the point that I don't care what people say but I would like to find a hand bag that does not look to fem and not to much like a tool bag so I have several that I switch back and forth. It will be getting more mainstream.

I started using a purse many years ago while on a climbing trip in Europe. I noticed many guys with purses and wearing capri pants. I started wearing both then and have not stopped.

Gone
    I've carried various bags and purses for years in any mode. In male mode, I have way too many things to carry. I look ridiculous if I try to stuff all that crap in my pockets, so I carry what some have called my 'murse' (man purse). The comments bothered me for the first week, then I quickly got to the point that I didn't care. I know I'm a man and have no insecurities in male mode.

One of the guys who gave me the hardest time, did so in a public forum, in a group of friends, saying "he REALLY liked my PURSE.." I cautioned him in front of the others that he should get a different color than mine to compliment his eyes and the beads he constantly wore. The topic was never mentioned again.

Best,

Renae

My mode is androgynous,I never try to look like a woman,I just love their clothes and shoes,thats why I wear them,my wife got me a Fun Tote because the womens jeans I prefer to wear have shallow pockets in them,and my wallet,keys,and change always fall out.

The Fun Tote is a camoflauge green color,and everything has it's place,I always use it now,and no one has ever said anything,except some men asked me where I got it,and I tell them,here's a link.

http://www.funtote.com/
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

No, I don't carry a purse but I do enjoy a half way point between my male and female side and often go out with light make up and more feminine than masculine unisex clothes....

I use a shoulder bag all of the time whatever mode I am in, and have done so for at least 20years now, so I have heard all the comments, snide remarks whatever. I just smile and ignore any negatives.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I own 6 or 7 purses, and carry them out in public most of the time, regardless of how I am dressed! Clothes, whether drab or feminine, look better without thing stuffed in pockets. That is what purses are for, so why not use them!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy4ever View Post
    That's something i have been toying with the past few months. I can't muster up the courage to do it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Longing2be-Trisha View Post
    Honestly if society did not have a problem with it more men would carry man bags.
    Society doesn't have any problem with it at all! I carry mine every time I leave the house and have had exactly one neutral comment on it from a male. I've had a couple of positive comments from females who wanted to know where I bought it.

With all the stuff that I have to carry around these days I don't know how I would get along without it.

In the rare event that anyone gave be grief about it I'd just... just....

Hit them with my purse!

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne f View Post
    It always confuse`s me when you say " purse" as that is a thing that we carry are money in that gos inside of a shoulder or hand bag ,
    Two cultures separated by a common language!

To USAvians, a purse is the big bag we carry, a wallet is the little thing that holds our money and credit cards that we put in our purse.

We also recognize "handbag" and "shoulder bag" to be purses, but these are more descriptive in that a handbag has short handles and a shoulder bag has a long strap.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]