Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sit or Stand?

I also love to wiggle out of my panties, and look down and see them while doing my business, and I've been sitting for the last five years, it really comes in handy at night I don't have to turn on the lights. Jenni
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Jenni, I found out the hard way that the down side to sitting at night is that you need to make sure your nightgown is pulled WAY up. One incident of having a nightgown with a wet hem was all it took for me to learn that rule.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

When I am dressed I wear tight pants or a mini skirt most of the time. So tucking is nessasary, so sitting is nessasary. In man mode I'm about 50/50.
    When a woman dresses like a man, it's ok. But when a man dresses like a woman, you think it's degrading. Because you think being a woman is degrading. -Madonna-

whoa Carol Teee Heee I can see that would wake you up eeeeoow that cold wet hem slap-in ya when you stand up!! I'm usually in a Cami and panties. Jenni
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Oh no...not this question again. Geebus... Yes I'm being grumpy, but this is a "Dead Horse" question.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Morgan View Post
    In the service and while working through college, I had the task of cleaning the latrine, restroom, call it what you will. Having had that experience, I believe we should always sit. Most men just aren't that good at aiming.
    I guess your school didn't have the invaluable sign
    We aim to please, you aim too, please

Quote Originally Posted by toko View Post
    I sit in all private venues and stand in all public areas.
    I am sure that probably would get a few looks from the ladies in the restroom
    I know it would from me!
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

I sit unless I use a facility designed expressly for standing. That pretty much means I sit at home. Never connected the habit with CDing, though.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I sit about 98 % of the time. Much rather sit than stand. Maybe that was my first clue.

At home...homme , when out...femme.

I always sit. GGs sit, why shouldn't I?
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

I always sit when I have a skirt or dress on. It's just more womanly.

I'm no stander! So I guess that makes me a 100% sitter!

sit everytime, unless it's an emergancy and I'm about to burst, then I'll stand. I want to sit all the time because women don't have this option, and I'm hoping one day to transition.

Dressed, even partially, I sit. Otherwise, I stand.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Geez, this question again? All the "gurls" want to prove just how much of a "gurl" they are by sitting down to do their business. Well, how's this: I stand when I'm dressed, because it's easier than pulling down the pantyhose and the hip and butt pads, and then having to pull it all up and put it all back in place. But when I'm just slouching around the house, I sit because it's just a good place to take a break and have a breather and read a little.

Ha!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Morgan View Post
    In the service and while working through college, I had the task of cleaning the latrine, restroom, call it what you will. Having had that experience, I believe we should always sit. Most men just aren't that good at aiming.
    I beg to differ!!!! I had gun sights put on mine! LOL

I've alway's prefered to sit. Even before I wanted to be a "gurl". I didn't know I was trying to prove anything.

Untitled
    Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaMoonlit View Post
    Oh no...not this question again. Geebus... Yes I'm being grumpy, but this is a "Dead Horse" question.

Veronica
    If you care to look at the OP, you will find that they have only just joined this forum, so to them this is a new question. It is still valid, please use a little tolerance before posting such comments, remember you was new once upon a time,, bet you never thought at the time that the questions you asked had been answered prior to you joining
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

As someone reasonably new to this and as I live on my own, I can make my own mind up what I would like to do. I just feel it is far more natural if you are in 'girl mode' to sit and now I only really stand when I am not, in other words, when at work or out with friends. But even then, there is usually the possibility to sit. It then depends on the place concerned if you want to carry it through 100%. Some places, you just need to get out of as fast as you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Nigella View Post
    If you care to look at the OP, you will find that they have only just joined this forum, so to them this is a new question. It is still valid, please use a little tolerance before posting such comments, remember you was new once upon a time,, bet you never thought at the time that the questions you asked had been answered prior to you joining
    Why yes, I was new here...in 2005! But I am NOT new to varoius trans related forums and groups on the Internet, every hear of USENET? Long before there was a Crossdressers.com, I was on the CD/TG USNENET newsgroups, several people here remember me from there. Lets just say I've seen it all...nothing here is new or unique, I've seen the same sorts of posts, the same kinds of personalities.

Now I may be an Internet fogey, but back in the old days, newbies were expected to take the time learn and lurk and READ, BEFORE they ever posted a question. That's what I did.It was part of the expected etiquette then, to cut down on Dead Horse topics. We also had long lived threads dedicated to single topics that lasted for years.

You might want to also look at my thread history...I haven't started many or asked many questions at all...never needed to. Never had the desire to ask about pnaty color, whether one prefers stockings or pnatyhose or whether one sits or stands.

Have I not suggested on occasion in the past that the moderators become more pro-active and terminate redundant and dead horse questions with extreme prejudice and create lots of stickies to deal with that problem(and a section for them) And when a newbie does do that sort of thing, a gentle reminder to read the forum, lurk for a while before asking questions and perhaps use the search function to see if the question has been asked before would perhaps be in order?

Asking whether one sits or stands may be a valid question...but is it a good question. Is it in good taste? Would you ask a bunch of non-trans women on the internet, how they use the bathroom? Would you ask what direction they wipe in? I don't think so.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

I appreciate everyone's comments. For the record, I searched the topic before posting but realized that I am not the only newer member on here and many newer members have not given their preferences on the matter. If any topic that was ever discussed on the board could never be brought up again and revisited I would bet that there would be very few pists and even fewer new members. As for the validity of would I ask this of a gg? No. But they don't spend time as a male and time as female, thus it makes the question valid for cders, and do to personal opinion makes the range of responses change over time. I guess that in any community there are those that must make others feel inadequate or not worthy of posting as a way of validating themselves. I will ignore the insults and instead show my appreciation for the welcoming girls here who have allowed a new girl to try to integrate into the group. Thanks to those who have welcomed and accepted me here.

April

Untitled
    Thanks April, it is better that a newbie (no slur intended) answer the question on why they post questions that have been asked many times before.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

I wear panties 24/7 and I sit all the time, even when I'm in a men's public restroom, it just seems like the natural thing to do.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by april_lynn View Post
    For the record, I searched the topic before posting but realized that I am not the only newer member on here and many newer members have not given their preferences on the matter. If any topic that was ever discussed on the board could never be brought up again and revisited I would bet that there would be very few pists and even fewer new members.
    Which is why I've suggested that many MANY more stickies be created on these frequently asked questions so that newbies like yourself can find them and be reassured.

As for the validity of would I ask this of a gg? No.
    There, you said it yoruself.

But they don't spend time as a male and time as female, thus it makes the question valid for cders, and do to personal opinion makes the range of responses change over time.
    It's as TGMarla said:
    All the "gurls" want to prove just how much of a "gurl" they are by sitting down to do their business.
    And if you wanted to see the responses over time, wouldn't a long term sticky, as I suggested, be a good idea?

I guess that in any community there are those that must make others feel inadequate or not worthy of posting as a way of validating themselves.
    I'm not trying to make you feel inadequate, just trying to reduce the incessant repetition. I that means chiding a newbie a bit, and trying to get some ideas into the mods heads on how they could do that, and thusly helping to ensure that some threads don't get buried in the repetitious dead horse "stay ups vs hold ups" stuff, I'll do that. I also suggest Google searching questions...you'll find lots of info on various questions you may have, VERY quickly. Its nothing personal at all.

Veronica