Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Actually not looking forward to Summer

Actually not looking forward to Summer

In general, I dislike Winter and am a real Summer person (then why do I live in the NorthEast??)

But in one respect, I am not looking forward to the end of cold weather.

Because in general people wear more and thicker layers in colder months, I've been able to underdress to a much higher degree all Winter, and now that t-shirt and shorts weather is coming back I see and end to that.

I always underdress to some degree (panties) but during the Winter I also wear tights or pantyhose every day in stead of socks. Also, this Winter, I've been able to wear a bra EVERY day since September. I'm at the point now where it is just automatic to grab one when I pick out the rest of my clothes for the day. I'm so used to it now that the few times I've forgotten, I've had the feeling that something was not right until I remembered and put one on.

So now that Spring is (almost) here, I'm going to feel a bit odd for the first few weeks when I can no longer put one on for work without the straps showing through my thinner Summer shirts.

One resolution I'm looking into is to find some camisoles to wear under my shirts that, if the outline DID show through, might just look like a sleeveless t-shirt.

Basically though, I'm already starting to look forward to Fall when I can feel like I'm fully dressed again!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Banned Read only
    I can't wait for the warm weather to get here. Short shorts and tank or tube tops, bikinis everywhere.

GET NEEKED!!!!!

always girly and love it Linda St. John's Avatar
    Cristi, it's really not a problem . Instead of camisoles buy some womens tank tops ( I go to Gap or Old Navy ) ..they have wider straps and don't look much different from mens except the neckline is lower. Never had any questions ...
    Linda
    twitter : @ lindaesj

I feel your pain girlfriend. On top of all that, no more shaved legs and underarms. What a drag.

Gees What's wrong with shaved legs, shorts and pantyhose! I'm looking forward to it! You only go around once! You've got to make the best of it!

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    The part I hate about summer is that it's too hot to go out in a drss with pantyhose and makeup.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I still wear my pantyhose daily under my jeans and slacks at work. Unfortunately, they have to come off when I get home as I can't very well stay in jeans and sweatpants all the time...especially here in Phoenix during the summer. The wife still thinks I'm nuts that I even want to wear pantyhose in this heat!
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Painted toenails - not a Summer thing in drab.

I have worn a bra to work EVERY day now for the last year or so. I do wear a satin camisol & no one has said a word or even flinched. I wonder if they noticed. If they did, they still treat me the same. I make sure to wear a flesh colored cami & bra when the shirts are thinner.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggie View Post
    Why not? I do it.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Quote Originally Posted by ziggie View Post
    I do it year around wearing sandles

Aspiring Member

be glad you don't have boobs to hide

It may be t-shirt weather for some, but for those of us who have boobs, the summer months can be really trying. It's 80 degrees and i'm still clinging to my light-weight jacket. I too like the winter months because since I wear a bra daily it is much easier to conceal. I'm looking into a chest binder that i saw mentioned on the FtM forum. I will never be able to go bare-chested again, but then we can't have everything, can we?

Quote Originally Posted by Selene EV View Post
    On top of all that, no more shaved legs and underarms. What a drag.
    Nonsense! Have you taken a look around you? Either:

1. You haven't noticed any hairless legs on guys because, like 95% of the population, you don't check out guys' legs.

2. You have noticed quite a few hairless legs on guys because they're bicyclists, swimmers, tattoo displayers, CDers or just like the feeling of shaved legs. Nobody else cares one way or the other.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I feel your pain girlfriend. On top of all that, no more shaved legs and underarms. What a drag.
    Well, that is one I don't have to worry about. As a cyclist, I get grief from my friends if I DON'T shave my legs often enough. I will have to let my chest and arm hair start growing back, though.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
    Well, that is one I don't have to worry about. As a cyclist, I get grief from my friends if I DON'T shave my legs often enough. I will have to let my chest and arm hair start growing back, though.
    Hey, chest and arm hair cause drag too, and it would look rather odd to have furry arms and smooth legs.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

hot weather, the heat of the valley 115 F at 2:am. no go here, i need to under-dress as the company required clothing scratches and i must have something better next to my skin. kinda like a klinger problem. no rash...just really does hurt a couple places.

I wouldn't be caught dead in shorts and t's with hairy legs and underarms. Still shaved, summer or winter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I can't wait for summer! I shaved all my hair for the first time in my life and I am NEVER going back! I am not sure what to do about bras this summer though, I hadn't thought about it too much. My work clothes are still heavy enough to conceal it during work. What I have thought about is what to do about tan lines. I bought my first bikini recently and I cannot wait to wear it out but I am not sure how to conceal the tan lines.

it has been a month since i last shaved,,all the body hair is back,,,frown,,, not feeling girly anymore,,hate the cold but at least I can have smooth skin and body and go out to local stores not being crowded by tourist,,, the benifits of winter..
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    Hate the heat, hate the humidity, hate that women put their boots away...

Hi..

Not for us its coming up boot time here so send them over ill try wearing them for a while,
    dont think we ll have much snow tho.

...noeleena...

If you live in Central Texas, your probably not as delighted at the thought of summer as most people are. In the summer time here, It gets into the high 90's and STAYS there for two or more months straight. The makeup just melts off of your face . . .

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    If you live in Central Texas, your probably not as delighted at the thought of summer as most people are. In the summer time here, It gets into the high 90's and STAYS there for two or more months straight. The makeup just melts off of your face . . .
    So true...so true...so true...
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I love summer, shorts, Capri's, and flowery skirts! Warm days up to the high 60's cool foggy mornings. Here on the North coast of California, summer is soft and gentle, sometimes a little to cool in fact. Just warm enough to wear summer fashions, cool enough to be comfortable in make up and wig. I love summer, with the garden filled with flowers, and getting out in the back yard, to walk among them in full dress, it makes me feel very girly on a warm summers night.
    Tina B.

this issue may be a non-starter as it doesn't look like spring is EVER gonna come to the Northeast...

Quote Originally Posted by audreyinalbany View Post
    this issue may be a non-starter as it doesn't look like spring is EVER gonna come to the Northeast...
    True. Got an 'April Fools!' snowstorm today, but I fail to see the humor in it.
    -- Robert Heinlein