Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fountain of youth

Live it! Love it! BeckyAnderson's Avatar

Fountain of youth

I can't tell you how many times I've heard that I don't look like I'm 63 years old when I am dressed. I think there's a reason for that. After getting dressed and putting on my makeup I simply feel younger and more vibrant and I guess I act somewhat younger too. I know it's my imagination but when I look in the mirror I always see a younger looking girl. Geeezzz...Ponce de Leone was searching for the fountain of youth...BUT Cover Girl has really found it!!!!

Have any of you girls ever been told that you look much younger when you are dressed and do your makeup? I'd really love to know.

Hugs,
    Becky

What???!!! You are 63 years old??!!! I just posted a compliment on your picture thread before seeing this thread. 63 years old???!!! You lie!!! Sorry, but there is NO way! Fountain of Youth, indeed! If I look even half as good as you do 20 years from now when I'm your age, I'll be quite happy! Who am I kidding? I don't look even half as good as you do now! I love it! Very well done, girl! Stay young!

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Its too funny since I saw both threads and decided to look at your pics..then I'm scratching my head..did she say 63 on the other thread????? no way.. whatever it is you are doing or using..keep going as its doing wonders..hmmm hope that sounds right..hehehe..anyway, its very impressive.

Think for some, dressing does bring out a youthfulness in us. More smiles and overdone mannerisms may give us a since of youth. Ok, at least for me it does And add being who we want to be without some barries adds to it all.

And tons and tons and tons of makeup...lol..
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Becky,
    As one of the over 60 girls, I have to say you look great. Makeup does not do it all, you have those wonderful youthful genes.
    The Best,
    Rachael

I can only hope I look half as good when I get there in four years. Save a tad bit of the ol' CoverGirl for me in case I can't find any then.

Banned Read only
    It's all in learning how to use the trowl.

You look fantastic for 63 but then 63 is the new 43.

Hi Becky!
    Having been out with you, I can tell you how amazed I am by how your overall physiqye is 20-25 years younger than you really are.
    Must be those collection of vitamins you take.
    Yeah, really.....yes, I mean it.
    just do what I say , and drink lots of water daily.
    Let's go golfing someday, golf girl.

Last month I had someone think I was in my early 30's, which isn't bad for someone who just turned 40.

Yes, makeup and hair really help It also helps to be trim.

I'm just a couple years younger than you and most take me to be in my mid 40s.

I saw your picture post and I must say you look fantastic. Those pics make you look about 30 years younger than you are. Whatever it is you're doing, Becky, keep it up.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Hi Becky!
    Having been out with you, I can tell you how amazed I am by how your overall physiqye is 20-25 years younger than you really are.
    Must be those collection of vitamins you take.
    Yeah, really.....yes, I mean it.
    just do what I say , and drink lots of water daily.
    Let's go golfing someday, golf girl.

Becky, you little fox...nathalie is right, i ve been to a few meetings with you girl... so you say vitamins, water and covergirl...hmmmm i start today! lol

ohhh you have a threesome if you want...golf girl!

hugs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyAnderson View Post
    Have any of you girls ever been told that you look much younger when you are dressed and do your makeup?
    Becky, Hope I look as good as you when I get to be your age... You look great girl friend... anyway no one has ever commented on how I might look younger than my age. Of course that may be because I do not display my age here on the site... In fact the only age related comment I've received, was in response to a picture post where in someone used used of a colloquial term generally used to describe a sexually attractive older female, between 30 and 50 years of age. Not sure if that counts because I'm at the upper end of that age range... Hugs, Alisa

I'm the baby, I'm only 61. You look wonderful!!! Maybe something wonderful will happen to me in two years!!

Platinum Member
    Hi Becky, You sure don't look your age.
    Than again at sixty eight with the proper makeup and wig I think I do knock off a few years.
    I must say that you youngsters do look fantastic though.

Orchid
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 04-02-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Yes Becky you look great! I am 65 and think the transformation magic of make-up is youth to us and your right - - water, vitamins and might. I add exercise.

Haha and here I thought the fountain of youth was low calorie diet, exercise, sunscreen, and drinking Kefir.

Cover Girl is way easier.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U look GREAT, Becky!

One day I hope to look in my 40's. However, at present I seem to be stuck in 20/30's!
    Dated 20/30's, tho! LOL! Does THAT count?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I can't answer from a CD point of view, but as a GG, people also say I look younger when I wear makeup and if I am dressed a tad above normal for going out. Also, usually when I'm focusing on my looks and style of dress more (as opposed to just being au naturel when I stay in on any given evening), I wash and style my hair so that it has that just freshly washed shiny and bouncy look and this also adds to the more youthful appearance.

When you think of it, some particular fashions and the makeup do change the baseline look and they are designed to precisely make the wearers look younger and not older.

PS. I agree ... you so don't look in your 60s in your pics!
    Reine

Of course but as any red blooded woman knows, it's all smoke and mirrors and illusion. Not to mention makeup works wonders.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'd have said, "She really takes good care of herself for a 43-yr old."

I try to dress in an age-appropriate way, but there is a bias toward youthful appearance, because anyone with a fashion flair will always seem more lively.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Former Member
    Wow Becky, you look fantastic!

I also look younger, but not on the same level as you!

Why not just embrace who you are?
    You are 63....own it, embrace it and all the loveliness & wisdom it is.... and it wants to embrace you in all it's loveliness.
    And mind you, there are great wonderous things that come....if you let them.
    It's so unnatural to see someone your age fighting against it.
    Part of being a woman is knowing when to pass the baton to the younger generation.
    To give our voice and wisdom to them....with a happy loving heart.
    A woman knows this when she no longer bleeds (I am native American so this is a priveledge, not something to mock and be ashamed of).
    I'm not saying there isn't great worth in who you are....there is, but there isn't any worth at all in pretending you are young.
    There is much wealth and comfort in your age.....only discomfort in pretending there isn't.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have mentioned my age(58) before and one lady said wow I would have thought you were in your 40's.
    Tell me what make up you use I'm going to try it.
    I take a multi vitamin everyday and use a product called H.A joint formula and it seems not only to keep my joints limber plus it makes my skin very soft.
    Great for keeping the crow's feet down to a minimum.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 04-02-2011 at 06:08 PM.

I am 65 (will turn 66 this year). Last New Years eve when we were out at a regular party, I was told by a number of gg's that I looked like I was in my 40's. I guess the makeup does work.

Jodi

You look great! Keep it up!