Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Distraught..

Distraught..

In a conversation with my estranged wife, yesterday, I learned that she recently entered my home without my permission looking for a ring that she may have left behind when she left me almost 24 months ago. I had changed the locks 8 months after she left, but, she apparently found a way to come in while I wasn't there, anyway.

She claims that, when I changed the locks, she "knew I was up to something." Then, she told me that she was looking for the ring (which I don't have, but, would have gladly given to her, if I had it) and discovered my jewelry in the dresser drawer where she was searching. Apparently, that prompted her to explore further and she discovered femme clothing in my closet. She said this in a rather "matter-of-fact" manner and went on to other topics. Because she caught me off-guard, I wasn't prepared to discuss cross-dressing and she didn't dwell on that aspect of her search. She acted like it was no big deal to her. Or, at least, there were other aspects of the conversation that were more important. I didn't respond at all to her revelations and she continued on with her conversation to other topics.

Inside, I was shocked that she had broken into my home. Certainly, I knew that she COULD get in. But, I had believed that she wouldn't do so. I thought she had more honor than that, although my daughter has repeatedly warned me that she doesn't.

I supressed my CDing for decades while we were married because I felt our marriage was more important. Apparently, it was less important to her because she left in 2009, after 40+ years. It was almost a year after she left that I got over it and began to allow myself to CD. I had accepted that my marriage was ended and I was living alone in our former home, so, I decided to explore what I had forced aside for so long.

Now, I've absorbed all of this and find that I have mixed feelings. I'm relieved that she knows a little about my CDing. (I don't know the extent of what she knows, though, because we didn't discuss it.) But, I'm angry that she broke into my home. I'm disappointed that she had no respect for me or my privacy. And, it baffles me that she doesn't even understand that she was breaking the law. (She moved out and changed her residency 2 years ago.)

Ironically, I still love my wife. One can't spend 40+ years together without that. When I see her, I still feel those pangs of desire that will probably never leave. I even allow myself periodically to consider us getting back together. Then, something like this occurs to bring me back to reality.

I don't think there's much point in pursuing legal action. I don't believe she took anything, other than my pride. Our divorce is pending and will be done within the next month. I feel insulted that she would do this and foolish that I had given her more credit than to think she would do this. I guess I can't rant about a lack of honor when I kept my CDing inside of me for all of those years. So, I'll suck it up and go on.

I don't know where else to say this where people will understand. I don't expect anyone here to fix this. But, I felt I needed to say it to someone. Anyone. But, as you can probably understand, not everyone.

Please accept my apologies for the long post.
    Susan

"Not sure who I am, yet. But, I'll let you know..."

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Probably not wat you wanna hear,but I think your ex wifes behaviour has been nothing short of disgraceful,she broke into your house pure and simple and betrayed your trust-You should just go on with your life and live it to the fullest.Of course you had a long time together and that has to mean something but it shouldnt impact on your life now.a new chapter of your life has begun,time to live for yourself now.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I'm sorry for your distress and for your lost marriage. It sounds to me as though your ex doesn't understand that the her hall pass expired when she chose to leave. I wouldn't avoid confronting her about her illegal break-in just because you hid your legal cding from her. If she has trouble letting go, this could become a future battleground. JMTC.

It is so sad that she would do this! You may want to consider that there was no ring in the first place! It's very possible that she did this because someone told her what you were doing! Hugs!

Tell her that you now have video cameras and the next time she will be brought up on charges. It's your home now, a new day, a new life.

I find this disturbing that after 40 year she has little enough respect for you, to break into your home and go looking for things. There is so much more going thru my head, I will have to come back and edit this post later.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Change the locks again-better locks this time. And then go on an online dating service. You can find someone with a better attitude--pronto. And...with a little luck...someone who is accepting, if you let her know the real you after the first date or two.

And find that ring and send it to her. Be ready if she tries to use the new information against you. Inform your lawyer, of both situations. Perhaps let her search again with a neutral third party on hand to keep an eye on her.
    Last edited by JenniferR771; 04-04-2011 at 09:53 AM. Reason: add

She left you 24 months ago, almost 2 years!! That my friend is an illegal entry, I would call the cops on my own mother if she broke into my house with intent of stealing anything in my home. And with out your, or the courts consent, that is what it is. I would let her know if she wants in my house, that takes a warrant, and a cop to enforce it. When it comes down to it, I'm still a man, and I don't let nobody mess with my castle. (as in a mans home is his castle)
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I am sorry for your pending divorce. It's hard to let go of someone you love. As for the break in, I think that maybe there is more to this story then what you told us. What I mean is, you said you still love her. So does that mean you two have had contact in the past 2 years? Do you talk sometimes? Have you had her over for any reason lately? Do you want a reconciliation? I don't agree with her breaking into your house assuming she literally had to "break in". So if that's the case, changing the locks again is a waste of time and money. Did your daughter or someone give her a key to enter? I am not going to be as harsh on her as others. If any of the things I asked are true, maybe she felt some sort of entitlement to enter your home. No, it does not make it right in any way, but whatever interaction you may have had with her may have given her the idea that it was not breaking in. But just showing up uninvited got away with it? Not likely. Maybe she wanted you to open up about it and stop hiding the true you. It did not seem to matter to her if in fact she assumed the clothes were yours and not some new lady you might be seeing. There is just to little information about your dressing and her to make any a clear picture of what happened. In any case, I wish you luck in your future.
    Who knows, maybe coming out to her once she broached the issue of women 's clothes and jewelry could have been the start of getting to know each other better. Maybe she wanted to see if you were man enough to admit what she has known for years.

Get a big mean guard dog.
    The ultimate woman is a man - House

Um, does the term Breaking and Entering come to mind?

Your wife broke your trust entirely, and this should be mentioned in the divorce proceedings if she brings up the Cding.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Wow, as others have said, what she did was a pretty serious crime. I know if I broke into my ex's house, she'd have my azz in jail. I know you probably care for her because you didn't call the cops, but I'd let her know that she can't do anything like that again.

I'm sorry for the loss of the marriage.

You sound like you prefer not to pursue legal action, ok. But I would have your computer checked out for keylogger spyware just to be safe. And put in an inexpensive alarm system. Even just a stand alone motion detector might dissuade her again.
    Sally

sissy maid
    Actually, my ex did this to me as well, a few years ago when we initially split. (we are now divorced since 2004) At the time, she knew I dressed in lingerie, and derived sexual pleasure from being forcibly feminized, as the fantasy goes. (which may differ from you, but the facts is that it was wrong of both of our exes to break into homes they had left) It was a contributing factor to why we split, but not the only factor by any means. It was a split that both of us wanted.

Mine came in just slightly after we had split, and went to the trouble of taking every single picture, memory, and keepsake of mine from my entire life, that she could get her hands on. This included pics of me in my previous occupation as a professional athlete, as well, as wedding photos, pics of me as a kid, the whole bit. She also took any and all items that she found that I dressed in. (so, in other word, all of my lingerie) Before leaving, she even took the time to go through my garbage, that was out on the curb.

For years, I kept asking her to return, if nothing else, my photos and life long keep sakes. I know it does not sound like much, but imagine if someone had stolen all of your memories like this, including family pics, childhood pics, memories. She has them to this day. I asked her for them several times, got all mad, screamed and yelled, etc. She continued to lead me along, and tell me that I would get them. She would make meetings to meet up with me, and then cancel on short on no notice. It just kept going and going, until one day, I sent her a polite letter.

It was titled, you will not hurt me, or blackmail me any more with this. It essentially told her that she could keep the stuff, and/or burn it for all I cared. I let her know that she had stolen from me, and that karma would be her eventual judge for it. I let her know that we were never going to speak again, regardless of if she were the last person on earth. I have seen her publicly since, and did not even look at her, and will continue that way.

She has remarried, and has two kids with someone at this point, and still, has never returned it. I have days when I think, I am going to send the dude an email on facebook, etc. But it eventually faded, particularly given that I found a new wife, and someone who knows I dress, and does what she can to help me with it, and have fun with it. (although it too is hard at times)

My advice to you, is a couple of things. Firstly, in finding a new mate, if it is going really well EARLY on, tell them. Even if they break up with you at the beginning, it will save a lot of bs later on. My telling my new wife, (at time gf) that I dressed was not this easy, and she found images of men dressed in lingerie on my computer, and that I had been sending naughty little emails out to others, and stuff like that, while with her. It could have been the easiest thing I ever did, and rather than, I tried to hide it based on a fear that my new gf never even created, or caused. Do not let what happened with this situation, be a governing factor in your next relationship.

Second, you need to let your ex know that you essentially do not care, but will contact the police should you have evidence of it a second time, and leave it at that. Tell her politely, that you will file a police report, and do not care what she does about it. I would take further steps of some description, including a radio shack style security system. Let her know it is there too.

The hard part for me was the fear that my ex would tell everyone we know about the crossdressing. Which, for all I know she did. But remember that we live in a world full of strange things and people, and for the most part, few if any of our friends cared about anything she told them about me. Its blackmail, if you think about it, and the best way to handle it, in my case was "Yeah, ok, I get off on wearing womens underwear. What of it? Am I a bad guy? Ok, you got me. I am perverted and kinky." Some wear Gimp costumes and collect hair in a bag in the closet. lol. The best way to stop anyone from threatening you with this, is to just be honest, and do what you do in life.

You will be ok. But it seems to me a line needs to be drawn in the sand, regardless of the clothing you enjoy wearing. My ex and I did not have any kids, so that obviously made my situation somewhat easier to deal with. But make no mistake, your ex is a loon. (despite the fact that you still have feelings for her, that is the sad reality)
    Last edited by marissa_sissy; 04-04-2011 at 01:21 PM.

You changed the locks but still managed to get in your house? If it were me, I would contact the police. She has no more right to breaking into your home than I do. looking for a ring might have been a lame excuse for her looking for something else, and lets face it, if she took something else, you probably will not notice for some time. I would let the police rattle her cage, especially with the final hearing for your divorce coming up. As far as her seeing your clothes, she doesn't know if they belong to you or your girlfriend.

I'm with Marissa on this one ... let it go this time, but let her know that she invaded your privacy and that it will not happen again.

It does sound to me as if no great harm has been done. Also, your realisation that the marriage is over, despite the lingering pangs of desire, is realistic. There is no hope of reconciliation.

Susan, things will only get worse, should you take legal action. My advise is to forgive and move on. This course of action is better for your own personal physical and mental health.

Gold Member
    Did your daughter give her a key???
    If the Divorce is 100% final, then she can not enter the house with out your permission.
    Change the locks one more time. And if she does ask about your cloths, say they belong to a friend.
    That Will keep her wondering.
    Rader

Just keep it in your back pocket should the demands from her go out of your favor. Tell your lawyer what she did... I bet doing something like that can cancel the whole settlement and land her in jail with nothing. Otherwise, I guess it takes some people a long time to accept that they are no longer family. Imagine if she did find her ring and took it without telling you? What then? Would you have beleived it was stollen and reported it to police?
    Chickie

The ring story was just an excuse to spy on you, IMO. I agree with the member above who suggested you tell her that what she did was totally out of bounds and unacceptable, and that you now have a video camera and will charge her with breaking and entering should she ever do this again. And then change your locks. Again.

You owe her no other explanation.
    Reine

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    My advise will not sit well with this crowd.

Let it go!!!!! You make a stunk about it and she will want to know what you are still hiding from her. And she has shown she will not think anything about doing it again!!!! Get a frame deadbolt and a security alarm...A VERY LOUD ONE!

Em
    Last edited by Emily Ann Brown; 04-04-2011 at 02:07 PM.
    Living with a heel in each world.

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    Did your daughter give her a key???
    If the Divorce is 100% final, then she can not enter the house with out your permission.
    Change the locks one more time. And if she does ask about your cloths, say they belong to a friend.
    That Will keep her wondering.
    Rader
    I don't think your statement about the divorce being 100% final is correct. Once the couple has established separate residences, as is clearly the case here, they have no right to enter his/her residence. It's breaking/entering or residential burglary. I'd file a restraining order and let her know she's very lucky I'm not pressing charges.
    Last edited by Leelou; 04-04-2011 at 02:03 PM.

How did she get back in without a key?

I would talk to her about it. When she told you that she entered the house, did you tell her that it is not OK? I would tell her that such behavior is not acceptable, and will not be tolerated, but to let the existing past events to go. It depends on your history, but I assume that both of you have made bad choices in the past. If at all possible, it is better to focus on working towards mutual respect for each other rather than fighting, as most ex-couples do.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

it's not out of the realm of possibility that she was looking for "dirt" to use to extort a better settlement from you ... be prepared to say " go ahead make it public" or argue it was not a cause for the separation.

i'd also figure out how she got in and fix it, finally consider an alarm system.

divorces can get irrational.
    e

Tell your attorney about what happened. It's possible she was searching for hidden assets or financial records.
    The ring explanation is ridiculous, after 24 months resorting to burglary because of the urgent need to get it back.